BW i happen to agree with you somewhat. Your logic and assumptions are pretty stable and well thought it. The main reason that has made me want to research it is more how the moon is thought of in a Kabbalistic sense, and by that i mean, in the Kabbala the 9th sephiroth Yesod has the planet attribution on the moon. And those that are familer with the kabbala will know that Yesod and in this sense the moon, is the realm of the unconscious and also the realm of the astral, and is known by some occult magicians as "the astral light" Now Monday being the day of the moon in kabalistic sense and there being a moon hour a couple times a day as the planets cycle through rulling each hour, it would stand to reason that dreams and OBE's would be strongest during a monday or during a hour where the moon is ruling. This i have not found to be true. So researching the 28 mansions of the moon (which is what magicians useally call the moon phases) is a logical 2nd research point. Although im starting to come more to the conclusion that it dosent have an affect, or if it does maybe a un-substantial one. Maybe when it comes to mysticism our own consciousness is the most powerful force we have to work with.