Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
I had to think about how to word this, because I don't want to sound harsh (and if I write it poorly, it will).

Essentially, there are no good reasons to think the moon has any particular effect on dreaming. Dreams take place within your immediate sphere of, for lack of a better word, self. You retreat entirely into your own unique "self space" and interact there. Lucid dreams are dreams in which you are consciously aware that you're there, as opposed to passively accepting everything that happens. In my experience, this is simply something that you develop as you go. I've never been especially skilled at lucid dreaming, but I haven't actually worked at it that much. I think if I did practice it and consciously make the effort, it would become more frequent and easier to achieve, just like any other skill (such as remaining conscious and aware in a deep trance state).

The moon shouldn't have any effect whatsoever. It may, theoretically, have some vague effect on us in some physical sense (it does affect the tides, after all, but oceans are not people), but -- and I'm sure someone will take grave offence at this -- assuming that random external forces have some direct power over your inner space or, for that matter, your waking reality, is probably counterproductive. By putting belief (faith, power, etc.) into external forces, you are effectively giving away your own power.

Okay. There we go. I've just committed a number of blashephemies, I know. Being a heretic is simply my nature. Doesn't matter the dogma.

Take it for what its worth, and that includes ignoring it completely if that's your assessment. OP, this may or may not have been written "for" you, so don't feel any obligation to pay attention if it doesn't resonate. Sometimes I get strangely inspired and I write, knowing (or hoping, anyway) that someone, somewhere will stumble on it and it will give them the "ah hah!" moment they need. Or not. I don't know. I just plant the seeds that seem to want me to plant them. What happens after that is nothing to do with me.
Hi BW,
I have not have any time yet to even think about this, so I just want to say I am happy to read your thoughts, thank you
I am happy you are brave, thank you for giving us curage also

Love
ia