Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frightening OBE

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Frightening OBE

Here's a weird one.

I spent about three hours in silent meditation yesterday, something I enjoy for recreation. My last session was just before bed so I could loosen up and drift out easily if I wanted.

Hit bed and did my AP mantra: "Let's go out tonight". I held my awareness firmly in place while my brain closed shop and the subtle vibrations began to flow. Something was off though I couldn't identify it, nor did I care to.

I enter the Void, but not in my usual manner. I'm having sleep paralysis, and rather severely. And this time, it's not just me in the Void, but the entire bed, and together we're picking up tremendous speed, slowing, then accelerating in rhythm to my alertness. Nothing seems comfortable about this and then, as if something is ducking at the foot of the bed, lifting its hands to grab my feet and pull me along faster. Alarm immediately sets in and the whole thing goes from alarm to almost panic. It's got both feet and I'm paralyzed, freaked, and unable to address the matter. So then I just laugh at it in my mind. Probably my mind in a transition state, making stuff up.

"You can't destroy me! You realize you can't destroy me so give up."--that's the message I send without moving my mouth. And suddenly I'm in a lucid dream, so I suppose this is a WILD transition.

In the dream my girlfriend and I are driving through a town, just chatting. I can't make the car work because I'm essentially not there. Hard to describe this, but my dreams now start with me in them and end with me vanishing, like a ghost. I honk the horn but nobody can hear because there is no car, no horn, no me. She starts to drive and I'm there again so we stop and find a bike that I begin to ride in circles around a big hole in the ground (Void?). I approach it and pull back realizing I'll topple if I continue. I tell her I have a favorite song to sing her, but she says I will be let down and I know it's because that was a song she shared with another love in years gone by, at least in the dream. I let it pass.

I open my eyes. Back to the bedroom and in a relieved state of mind. The entire night is riddled with more dreams so lucid I can't imaging them drawing any closer to the waking state. Seamless stuff. In one I'm washing dishes with a friend of mine (please check out this site, BTW), and joking about silly divinity sayings that are essentially without merit.

http://youarethegrace.strikingly.com/

Thoughts?
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Re: Frightening OBE

Remember when I used to project, chair and all? That's normal now. When I project the chair or bed come along. This is because we can now project without total dissociation from the physical, so wherever the butt is, can be in it.
    I think this was a 'self-explanatory' experience, the experience was telling you what was happening, almost in a punny way.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

"Let's go out"...

There is a time and place for exclusive specificity. Next time I'm being selfish.

Now, on the other hand, why do I always fly feet first? I figure it's because I'm a step before you think sort of guy, but...
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

SoulSail, I wanted to add something about dreaming of cars. Monroe had said we tend to think of our cars as a "second body", subconsiously, and so when we we dream about "our car" it could indeed be about our body which is our "vehicle", like the car. I, for example, had a very strange dream- you might just call it a nightmare- that is related to that observation and supports it before I read Monroe's theory about the meaning of the consept of cars in dreams. There was a car- and there was a blond, about 40 years old women sitting inside the car (the car you would call "the vehicle" or the body) and as the women started talking I BECAME the women and I don't remember what she said- I just remember I completely lost control and she took over. As you would imagine that was a very spooky experience and I woke up very frightened. After a while I realized I was probably a channel (and it's hightly possible this women has been a past life personality. But what can we do?) So to conclude- the car was the vehicle- the body- my body and the car was a "channel" for the women or at least that's my interpretation of the (very creepy) dream.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Think you nailed it, dontco.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Quote Originally Posted by dontco View Post
    SoulSail, I wanted to add something about dreaming of cars. Monroe had said we tend to think of our cars as a "second body", subconsiously, and so when we we dream about "our car" it could indeed be about our body which is our "vehicle", like the car. I, for example, had a very strange dream- you might just call it a nightmare- that is related to that observation and supports it before I read Monroe's theory about the meaning of the consept of cars in dreams. There was a car- and there was a blond, about 40 years old women sitting inside the car (the car you would call "the vehicle" or the body) and as the women started talking I BECAME the women and I don't remember what she said- I just remember I completely lost control and she took over. As you would imagine that was a very spooky experience and I woke up very frightened. After a while I realized I was probably a channel (and it's hightly possible this women has been a past life personality. But what can we do?) So to conclude- the car was the vehicle- the body- my body and the car was a "channel" for the women or at least that's my interpretation of the (very creepy) dream.
    Hi doncto,
    Yes I have noticed the same thing. When I ride a bicycle I know it is a total new body or new part what is hard to manuevre, the difficulty of the vechile in the dream is showing how or where in the development of the new body have reached.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    Hi doncto,
    Yes I have noticed the same thing. When I ride a bicycle I know it is a total new body or new part what is hard to manuevre, the difficulty of the vechile in the dream is showing how or where in the development of the new body have reached.

Love
    ia
    IA56, this is amazing I hope one day to be as spiritually developed as you are.
    Namaste!
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha

IA56, this is amazing I hope one day to be as spiritually developed as you are.
    Namaste!
    Hi doncto,
    I do not know what that means?? "spiritually developed"?? elaborate me, please.

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Dear IA56, I would define a person who is spiritually developed as one who has made a lot of progress in their spiritual path- a person who knows a lot about topics that are related to spiritualilty.
    Namaste

Dear IA56, I would define a person who is spiritually developed as one who has made a lot of progress in their spiritual path- a person who knows a lot about topics that are related to spiritualilty.
    Namaste
    Hi doncto,
    Okay, but how would you know?? What in you do you use to measure your knowing about like you said about me??
    I am asking this because I am decived constantly by word´s and when I then investigate the users words they are just only words,
    well rehersed but with no own experience what so ever...so what interests me is ...how do you do to know for sure about as you said about me...that you thought me to be spiritually developed....how did you do to say this??
    To know about topics can be just studied spiritual writings, right?? I hope you feel my love for you, this is very interesting topic to talk about, I do not see this that often. You gave me this opportunity and I am sure it is or come from our HS. Thank you

Love
    ia
    Last edited by IA56; 6th September 2014 at 07:03 AM.
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce