Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Issue of Growing

The Issue of Growing

I'm talking here about vertical growth (growing taller). I noticed two threads about this from people with this desire. As far as I'm concerned, this is no different from a any healing desire that a person may have. Being shorter than you feel you should, especially for a man, is not a place of well being. However what I noticed is that the responses were "not possible", "why do you care", "dangerous", "never saw it happen". 90% judgmental and/or negative. I also saw two threads about missing or ill pets. In those threads, the responses were more along the lines of "I'm sending you lots of love". That strikes me as highly insensitive to people who want to be taller. I am 28 years old and I have had a desire for ten years to be six inches taller, or about 6' to 6'1. I do not feel that I am the man that I should be. I am incapable of living my life because I just don't feel like myself. I've had depression which has been worsening including lots of suicidal ideation. I do not feel that anything I do in life matters if I'm still living in this short body. I understand the medical explanations for why growth stops, and also the medical explanations for why all energy healing is bull♥♥♥♥. So why not drop the negativity and judgmental perspective over the desire and maybe try to help people who ask for help with this? Yes, I myself want help, but I also feel a lot of empathy for others in a similar situation to mine and it upsets me how this issue and the suffering it causes is belittled.

Blog Entries

Re: The Issue of Growing

Really? Can you post links where people here are being belittled? Thanks.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Really? Can you post links where people here are being belittled? Thanks.
    I didn't say the people, I said the issue.

Blog Entries

Here, or just in general?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Do Plyometrics, stretching, and do a handstand on a wall. Blood flow to the brain as well as produces that growth hormone.

Try testosterone as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am around 5' 6" and a half, though I am still going through puberty.

While I cannot tell you anything that may already know, I hope you know that the above info will help you out. Also, I would recommend meditation if you could and possibly into raja yoga. Raja yoga is to learn to control the mind, for control of the mind leads to control of the body. It's going to take maybe a decade or so for this one though.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Here, or just in general?
    Both. But I'm really not that concerned with past threads, I just wish this doesn't get the same sort of dismissive, it's not important enough to bother, learn to live with being short, can't be done so don't even bother trying response. In my opinion, this is far more important than a dying or lost pet. But I also know that is in great part because I've had negative experiences with "pets", cruel mean dogs as a kid, and relatives giving more importance to lost dogs than to my suffering as a kid. I get that lots of people can't relate to the suffering caused by being shorter than one would like just like I can't really relate to the suffering of a dying pet. But I at least respect that suffering and wish it to be relieved, not just dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by iamandre View Post
    I'm talking here about vertical growth (growing taller). I noticed two threads about this from people with this desire. As far as I'm concerned, this is no different from a any healing desire that a person may have. Being shorter than you feel you should, especially for a man, is not a place of well being. However what I noticed is that the responses were "not possible", "why do you care", "dangerous", "never saw it happen". 90% judgmental and/or negative. I also saw two threads about missing or ill pets. In those threads, the responses were more along the lines of "I'm sending you lots of love". That strikes me as highly insensitive to people who want to be taller. I am 28 years old and I have had a desire for ten years to be six inches taller, or about 6' to 6'1. I do not feel that I am the man that I should be. I am incapable of living my life because I just don't feel like myself. I've had depression which has been worsening including lots of suicidal ideation. I do not feel that anything I do in life matters if I'm still living in this short body. I understand the medical explanations for why growth stops, and also the medical explanations for why all energy healing is bull♥♥♥♥. So why not drop the negativity and judgmental perspective over the desire and maybe try to help people who ask for help with this? Yes, I myself want help, but I also feel a lot of empathy for others in a similar situation to mine and it upsets me how this issue and the suffering it causes is belittled.
    Hi iamandre,
    You did not write how old you are, to know if you still will grow or if you are the hight as you are now and will stay on that hight.
    I know it must be frustrating for a man if he feel´s short, but have you considered ..."why" ...you was born short in this life?? because I beleive that our life cirkumstanses are a marcor for us for example to know why we are here this time, maybe to just understand that it is of no matter if we are short or tall, we have to find the self confidense anyway....and what more better that to be born short to work on self-confidense ...I have dated shorter men then I am...and I never noticed that fact they where shorter then me because they did have self-confidence and did not make it any issue about their hight...

I do not want you to feel I am not taking your feelings for real, I am, but try to think in other paths too...I am sure you look just great and if you are young you may still grow, but ...I hope you find yourself to be fine and okay anyway....

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    Hi iamandre, You did not write how old you are, to know if you still will grow or if you are the hight as you are now and will stay on that hight.
    Yes, I did. "I am 28 years old and I have had a desire for ten years to be six inches taller, or about 6' to 6'1.".
    I know it must be frustrating for a man if he feel´s short, but have you considered ..."why" ...you was born short in this life??
    There may have been benefits for me to be shorter at some point, but there are no benefits for me to remain short.
    because I beleive that our life cirkumstanses are a marcor for us for example to know why we are here this time, maybe to just understand that it is of no matter if we are short or tall, we have to find the self confidense anyway....
    Except it actually makes a difference in a man's life how tall he is, especially a man with the desires, life experiences and values I have.
    and what more better that to be born short to work on self-confidense ...I have dated shorter men then I am...and I never noticed that fact they where shorter then me because they did have self-confidence and did not make it any issue about their hight...
    None of that matters to me, or to many men who desire to be taller.
    I do not want you to feel I am not taking your feelings for real, I am, but try to think in other paths too...I am sure you look just great and if you are young you may still grow, but ...I hope you find yourself to be fine and okay anyway....
    Well, you are not taking my feelings for real. I don't blame you, as a woman you probably cannot understand what this means to a man, and even as a man you could not understand what this means to me in particular. It's not fine and okay. The only thing that keeps the suicidal ideation down is faith that somehow I will grow and become the man I actually want to be. Because to me, being stuck with this height means I live in a horrible, cruel world that allows some men to achieve some things, and keeps other men from ever rising to their stature. I do not want to live in that world.

Quote Originally Posted by iamandre View Post
    Yes, I did. "I am 28 years old and I have had a desire for ten years to be six inches taller, or about 6' to 6'1.". There may have been benefits for me to be shorter at some point, but there are no benefits for me to remain short. Except it actually makes a difference in a man's life how tall he is, especially a man with the desires, life experiences and values I have. None of that matters to me, or to many men who desire to be taller. Well, you are not taking my feelings for real. I don't blame you, as a woman you probably cannot understand what this means to a man, and even as a man you could not understand what this means to me in particular. It's not fine and okay. The only thing that keeps the suicidal ideation down is faith that somehow I will grow and become the man I actually want to be. Because to me, being stuck with this height means I live in a horrible, cruel world that allows some men to achieve some things, and keeps other men from ever rising to their stature. I do not want to live in that world.
    Dear iamandre,
    I might not understand your suffering, but there must be more value in life than to be of particular hight in a persons life...I do understand you are stuck in your feelings, and I know how horrible that is, when this feeling is invading you totally and you can not feel or see anything of value but this that you are short, or too short for what you want to be....but still I am going to talk about you to look on other areas of your life, and this issue about your hight will be put in right order.
    I hear you, you are suffering....but I am sure you look gourgeous anyway....you just can´t see the whole of you, only a small part ...and you have made this part way too big....
    I hope you will find other values in you to be happy about.
    I feel you have a dept what not many have, maybe it would be better to look deeper inside of you than outside of you??!!

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Dear iamandre, I might not understand your suffering, but there must be more value in life than to be of particular hight in a persons life...
    It is about more than the height in isolation, it's about what it means about the world and my relation to it and the people in it. If I cannot grow, there is nothing of value in life.
    but still I am going to talk about you to look on other areas of your life, and this issue about your hight will be put in right order.
    Looking at other aspects of my life does not make me feel better, it makes me feel worse. Focusing on height helps me focus on one thing that I value, which if I shift, makes a difference. If I lose that focus, all I have is an empty, meaningless crap life.
    I feel you have a dept what not many have, maybe it would be better to look deeper inside of you than outside of you??!!
    What for?