Thread: GRATITUDE LIST

Blog Entries

Re: GRATITUDE LIST

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    please write as much as you want! i was reading a yoga guru earlier saying to start a gratitude list and write 10 things your grateful for and include things about your body and your life. Gratitude is one of the best ways to raise your vibration. i love it,i get caught in complaining mode sometimes so it helps me to stop that and turn it around. I wish i've had an OBE,i haven't yet. It's one of my goals but i have fears.
    Thanx, you are lovely gratitude totally helps, just writing on this list totally turned my day around! And about OBEs- it came to me when I really wanted it. Do you have Robert Bruce's book? it can help with that. You can try to go in front of the mirror and ask (your higher self) to have one- that's what I did before I read any of any book about it (even though it wasn't your regular type of OBE) and it worked for me, which was fantastic. I would also recommend to try lucid dreaming first since it's easier to achive and you can go OOB from there
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Quote Originally Posted by dontco View Post
    Thanx, you are lovely gratitude totally helps, just writing on this list totally turned my day around! And about OBEs- it came to me when I really wanted it. Do you have Robert Bruce's book? it can help with that. You can try to go in front of the mirror and ask (your higher self) to have one- that's what I did before I read any of any book about it (even though it wasn't your regular type of OBE) and it worked for me, which was fantastic. I would also recommend to try lucid dreaming first since it's easier to achive and you can go OOB from there
    I should. I think i fear how life changing it might be to have one..isn't that crazy? Since,i know it would be a good change. Also,i know i have fear in my vibration and worry i'd manifest my fears in an OBE like snakes. I had a weird experience in june when i was trying to have one and reading a lot about it and kept affirming i would. What happened was I was burning incense one night,lotus incense,and i was listening to tibetan singing bowls music,and i kept feeling weird,like i felt a prescence and may actually have an OBE very soon. Then..all of a sudden,my roommate walked in,and there was a snake right by me. I'm very phobic of them. It was a baby snake but still i had a panic attack and moved out of my apartment shortly after that. It's unusual circumstance because i live in a city,and on a 2nd floor apartment so how it got in is beyond me. Since then,i had kinda stopped reading about OBE's as much. I do believe as phobic as i am of snakes that they're a good omen but it really freaked me out. Not to mention,I had been grieving from a loss so the whole experience was very odd. I still get made fun of playfully by friends about the whole thing,being accused of "conjuring up snakes." lol. I have been having more lucid dreams lately. I should try and master that, I heard it's an excellent way to get closer to OBE. I don't have Robert's book but i heard it's excellent. It's on my list of books I want to check out.

-i appreciate that it's been an interesting 24 hours! woke up earlier then usual to see a notification on my phone that the best friend of the guy i last loved who just moved across the country followed me on instagram. it was very odd.i hadn't spoken to this person in over 2 years and right recently after i find out this past love moved across the country he(the best friend of him) does this. he had to have searched for me randomly,i don't connect the app to my facebook or anything. i had thought did i somehow accidentally click something related to him but i know i hadn't.i had thought J was keeping tabs on me maybe and that's why this happened but then go to instagram,and it's gone. and his profile is completely missing. i've done some digging.i go on facebook and the picture matches his facebook so it was definitely him,and he just got broken up with his gf who he started dating two years ago. so,pretty obvious he was lurking my page and either followed me on accident then unfollowed or got too scared so changed his mind and unfollowed. overall,it was flattering! lol.i actually liked this guy before i liked J. I met them both the same night and J had a gf and this guy,i'll call him D2,had flirted and talked. I had stayed friends with J and became friends with his friends including D2 but the feelings became too much for me and J and we became involved and then it turned into chaos being such a strong soul connection. While mad at J after we ended,I had emailed D2 saying we should hang out sometime. I had meant as friends,as i wanted a friend with all my pain at the time.He had blown me off but politely but i found out it was because he was dating someone else and he then became official with her. I had always thought D2 hated me after that for some reason. Now,D2 is broken up with that girl,it just happened in october,and he is lurking my page...interesting. Im probably the last person that seemed interested in him before his gf. what's beautiful about all of this,is i felt the strangest soul connection not just to J but to some of J's friends and it was unusual for me to feel drawn to them,but they didn't keep in touch except a couple random strange things that happened which i suspected J set up to try and see if we'd run in to each other. I appreciate the interconnection of all of this. It's comforting to me. Just last night,i was feeling so sad about J having just moved across the country in october,and how i'm going to let it inspire me to be better and this happens the very next morning. me finding out his best friend is lurking my page.i remember how much fun i had back then with those people. Things like this confirm for me more and more that we travel in soul families. I just feel so drawn to some people,and it's so mysterious. Maybe D2 does like,and did like me. Maybe he will even pursue me. I don't believe in coincidences and i know that this thing this morning happened for a reason.
    -that as my friend says i tend to leave a strong impression on people i don't even know that well. many times,someone i've only met once,years later will tell me how close they feel to me despite only actually meeting once things like that.people remember me well.i may not get as close to people the way most do,but what i do have going for me is i leave a strong impression despite my short time with people.
    -deciding last night that D is friendzoned now. I like guys who are ambitious and capable not someone who can't even get it together to go out with a girl. he texts me pretty much daily,but asked me out september 29th and still no date. and despite the fact i really don't think he's dating others and is fairly innocent,i don't know what he's doing exactly and can't wait around and be strung along because every time he texts me,i feel attached despite not knowing if i like him since i still haven't met him! so,my decison is for my own peace of mind.
    -cute socks
    -another new fun app for my phone that i was having too much fun playing with last night. before bed,as i lay down,i spent 45 minute playing with pictures and laughing at my creations with it. i'm such a nerd but it was fun.
    -feeling in such a good mood today
    -the amazing bursts of positive energy i've been feeling this week.i feel so clear,cleansed,and released. it comes out of nowwhere that i just feel dang good all of a sudden.
    -feeling cranky for a bit from my dairy hangover from last night,and then getting a coffee and donut from my favorite local coffee shop and right away my mood changing 100% to great mood again. such an amazing coffee and donut that was.
    -appreciating candid moments in my neighorhood
    -having an amazing dinner for later tonight
    -learning new things and ways of being better
    -getting work done
    -another pet art completed for me
    -instagram
    -the internet
    -possibility
    -the feeling of aliveness and that something amazing could happen
    -nightskies
    -feeling cute
    -beauty and ways to feel attractive and good about myself
    -scarves
    -waking up feeling warm
    -technology and how amazing it is these days
    -my plans for tomorrow
    -making things happen for myself
    -ease
    -feeling a little more abundant
    -that november is going pretty well...actually. it may just be mostly feelings things so far,but that's where is starts.
    -the mystery of life
    -love
    -how great my eyebrows look
    -my couch
    -the interesting serendipity with D2 and D. Very similar names just take off a letter for one of them. practically the same age. both fire signs. both just very very recently got broken up with. and,sometimes,the universe brings me something similar before it brings me the real thing,i notice. both seem like they'd be outgoing and have a good amount of friends but are more innocent and shy when it comes to women. and,i did ask the universe to bring me someone new since D is driving me nuts.
    -i appreciate not expecting anything. despite the fact that i'm intrigued,flattered,and inspired,that's all it is. i'm just inspired to remember time is nothing,and to just feel good and let magic happen.

-that tomorrow is monday and i can get back to normal.i've slacked on fitness and diet and other things and though i felt ok with it somewhat,i definitely want to get back to good
    -interesting psychic dream this morning. and first dream with D.
    -that i've been having more lucid dreams lately
    -a video that i loved spreading the word about something i'm passionate about and also inspiring me to go on a blogging spree inspired by that video.i spent a good amount of time blogging tonight.
    -my computer
    -interesting things going on in the universe lately
    -wanting to be helpful
    -trying,even if somewhat failing
    -walking around in my city and seeing how much there is to explore especially when you just walk
    -my neighorhood
    -getting more blemish cream for my skin. it's been breaking out so it'll be nice to have that
    -inspirational things
    -being me
    -soul connections
    -the mysterious
    -the psychic
    -challenges
    -how beautiful the universe can be and giving
    -an inspiring article i came across that was not needed perse but was nice to see!
    -the month of november
    -mason jars
    -heat and figuring out how to turn it on! feeling warm boosts my mood
    -having a nice face day today
    -my mary jane shoes that give me the perfect height i enjoy and are casual without being too casual and comfortable
    -feeling more forward moving
    -knowing from all my interesting experiences with life and serendipity that without a doubt in my mind there is so much more to life then this reality and what we physically see
    -waking up feeling warm
    -finding out i assumed wrong about D again which makes me feel like a an awful person.i thought for sure he had to have a friends with benefits when i was looking at his social app so i did some online lurking and sure enough,all clocked out,he was just at a male friends house,probably a party. i still stand by my decison that i've let go of him as an romantic interest,and felt more detached from him today but after the psychic dream i had this morning,i also feel more loving in a spiritual way towards him. like,maybe i just need to surrender that even all this weirdness of random connection,then chemistry,then him getting weird and us being weird is just part of the path
    -the beautiful souls i've met
    -following what feels good
    -love
    -seeing proof how i create my reality
    -the things i admire
    -being reminded of things that resonate with me and to immerse myself in
    -my strength
    -my innocence and vulnerability
    -being a nonconformist and having a unique way of viewing the world
    -thoughtful moments to just dream and reflect
    -comfort from the universe
    -my desire to go on a vacation again and maybe even try planning one
    -my loving heart
    -my body
    -eyeliner
    -bb cream
    -that so far,i'm getting through fall,and am starting to see a point in it now,and the story
    -God
    -oneness
    -that death isn't real
    -my life experiences that have been fun,meaningful,or filled with love

Buttercup

Gratitude is certainly a virtuous quality to cultivate. However, I noticed that there are many items on your list that strictly material and ego-related in nature. I don't suppose you're Buddhist so I don't expect you to have that level of understanding, but I do believe that some Buddhist teachings could potentially be of service here.

One teaching that may be of benefit is the Three Marks of Existence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_marks_of_existence

Essentially, this teaching states that (1) all conditioned things (which is everything on your lists) are impermanent. Thus, (2) they are unsatisfactory, unable to bring a lasting happiness. The final aspect to this teaching is that (3) nothing in existence is an attribute of one's "self." The perceptions we experience, our thoughts, feelings, physical and psychological characteristics, our actions and life experiences- none of these are attributes of a self, but rather a conglomeration of impersonal conditioned phenomena.

Another teaching that may be helpful is the doctrine of Clinging/Attachment/Grasping: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up%C4%81d%C4%81na

This teaching states that clinging, craving, and attachment to material things, one's views, beliefs, and sense of self, sensual desires, ect, is the main cause of suffering in one's life.

The reason why I believe these teachings may be of service is because I can see how having appreciation for certain perceived qualities or personal characteristics and pleasant phenomena can lead to attachment. Understanding and accepting that nothing is permanent, that conditioned phenomena (the entirety of our experience of physical reality) is ultimately unsatisfactory, and that none of it is actually "you" may help one to release possible attachments to these material and impermanent things and thus eliminate the suffering that would be caused by the eventual cessation of these objects of attachment.

With Metta
    Escaping Velocity. Not just infinity, but eternity.

-stylish music
    -pleasant,soothing poetic music
    -the sun and warmer weather today and enjoying some sun healing and how uplifting it was
    -being able to keep the door open
    -feeling physically not well last night and today inspiring me to get it together with diet and exercise. felt like i almost pulled my back today. been having neck pain. dairy hangover. eyes feeling tired.
    -clothes fitting loser despite eating awful the last few days and doing less exercise
    -wonderful page finished by creative director today
    -feeling observant and reflectful of life
    -feeling more ready to move forward and go with the flow
    -taking a risk today
    -ideas
    -that life is a story
    -apple cider donuts
    -coffee
    -water
    -mason jars
    -the meaning in my life
    -serendipity
    -inspiration
    -finding videos online from cool vloggers who inspire me and uplift me and resonate with me so much
    -attractive men
    -reminding myself to stay decisive
    -afformations
    -all the amazing things i've accomplished. i'm far more successful then i realize sometimes
    -men who respect women
    -people who are paving the way and carving new positive paths,innovators,trendsetters and such
    -vegans
    -photography
    -all the cool things i've done in my life
    -becoming accepting of life
    -imagining myself as beautiful,and how unique and striking i really am
    -me,myself,and my traits
    -my desires,including my desire for soul growth
    -feeling overall much more pleasant lately
    -the mysteriousness of the universe and detaching myself from needing to figure it all out
    -how early in the day it still is
    -deep breathing

Quote Originally Posted by outofbodydude View Post
    Buttercup

Gratitude is certainly a virtuous quality to cultivate. However, I noticed that there are many items on your list that strictly material and ego-related in nature. I don't suppose you're Buddhist so I don't expect you to have that level of understanding, but I do believe that some Buddhist teachings could potentially be of service here.

One teaching that may be of benefit is the Three Marks of Existence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_marks_of_existence

Essentially, this teaching states that (1) all conditioned things (which is everything on your lists) are impermanent. Thus, (2) they are unsatisfactory, unable to bring a lasting happiness. The final aspect to this teaching is that (3) nothing in existence is an attribute of one's "self." The perceptions we experience, our thoughts, feelings, physical and psychological characteristics, our actions and life experiences- none of these are attributes of a self, but rather a conglomeration of impersonal conditioned phenomena.

Another teaching that may be helpful is the doctrine of Clinging/Attachment/Grasping: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up%C4%81d%C4%81na

This teaching states that clinging, craving, and attachment to material things, one's views, beliefs, and sense of self, sensual desires, ect, is the main cause of suffering in one's life.

The reason why I believe these teachings may be of service is because I can see how having appreciation for certain perceived qualities or personal characteristics and pleasant phenomena can lead to attachment. Understanding and accepting that nothing is permanent, that conditioned phenomena (the entirety of our experience of physical reality) is ultimately unsatisfactory, and that none of it is actually "you" may help one to release possible attachments to these material and impermanent things and thus eliminate the suffering that would be caused by the eventual cessation of these objects of attachment.

With Metta
    Thank you for your intention to help but I am not a Buddhist and my gratitude lists come from the teachings of the law of attraction,positive psychology,and loving yourself. They are taught by many who inspire me such as yoga gurus who teach you to list things about yourself,your life,even your body as well as well as new thought leaders. These are teachings that have resonated with me for quite some time now,years. What you focus upon expands. What resonates with me is that desires are good,not bad. Also,"there is no good or bad,only thinking makes it so."-William Shakespeare I've felt more happier focusing on so called superficial qualities and material things and it has only benefited me and expanded those things in my life and allowed me to feel more contentment if those were things that really made me feel good from the heart. The only helpful thing I can see from this is if i've been repeatedly grateful for a phase of something i'm ready to move on from,then it may be time to focus on that phase in a different way,thus detaching from it and manifesting the desired outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    Thank you for your intention to help but I am not a Buddhist and my gratitude lists come from the teachings of the law of attraction,positive psychology,and loving yourself. They are taught by many who inspire me such as yoga gurus who teach you to list things about yourself,your life,even your body as well as well as new thought leaders. These are teachings that have resonated with me for quite some time now,years. What you focus upon expands. What resonates with me is that desires are good,not bad. Also,"there is no good or bad,only thinking makes it so."-William Shakespeare I've felt more happier focusing on so called superficial qualities and material things and it has only benefited me and expanded those things in my life and allowed me to feel more contentment if those were things that really made me feel good from the heart. The only helpful thing I can see from this is if i've been repeatedly grateful for a phase of something i'm ready to move on from,then it may be time to focus on that phase in a different way,thus detaching from it and manifesting the desired outcome.
    The great thing about the teachings of Buddhism is that you don't need to be a Buddhist to apply them to your life- they are representative of the human condition and applicable to all people. Another great thing about Buddhism is that you are not required to have blind faith; the purpose of the teachings is that one tests their validity through experimentation, practice, and personal exploration.

Desire is said to be the root cause of suffering in Buddhist philosophy. It is the desire for sensual pleasures, the desire to become, and the desire to get rid of that cause the varying degrees of mental anguish common to all deluded (unenlightened) people, these desires being the roots of all attachment. A bit of reflection and insight into this concept will likely allow one to see the truth of this principle as it has played out in one's life since a person's earliest memories.

Desire, the way it is played out in most people's lives, is essentially a never-ending cycle of craving and striving for materialistic and/or impermanent pleasures or aspirations that never lead to a truly satisfying or permanent happiness. Rather, they only lead to stress and dissatisfaction, for even if they bring a temporary happiness, that happiness will eventually fade away as it is based on conditioned and impermanent phenomena, leaving the person to continue their impossible quest to find a permanent happiness in impermanent conditions.

A couple truths that I have come to realize from my own experience is that the fulfillment of my desires has never been as satisfying as I would anticipate, if it was satisfying at all, and would only lead to more desires. The gradual dissolution of many of my previously held desires has led to a great degree of tranquility, ease, joy, and overall wellbeing in my life. Freedom from the sense of urgency and tension that craving causes is a truly liberating thing.

That's not to say that all desires are bad. There are unskillful or unwholesome desires which arise from greed, ill will, or delusion, and there are wholesome desires which arise from selfless kindness, compassion, clear view, and an effort to cultivate true happiness and eliminate suffering by the skillful means outlined in the Buddha's teachings. The idea is to recognize and eliminate the unskillful desires and cultivate skillful ones.
    Escaping Velocity. Not just infinity, but eternity.

-going tanning today,my eyes feeling secure and the vitamin d boost it gave me and mood boost
    -the weird thing with the social app and what it showed me about D right after i checked in
    -french toast sticks and syrup and coffee
    -the love song i wanted to start singing from being in a good mood and having it pop in my head
    -taking a risk and contacting the person who inspires me for work thing
    -videos that inspire me and that are metaphysical and remind me of being ambitious and the true nature of reality
    -healing,self love and wellness and following what feels good.
    -clean clothes
    -my desire to move cross country
    -that we live our lives as stories and how truly i see this
    -my eyebrows and how great they look
    -looking thin today and how great my body looks today
    -carbohydrates
    -my desire to try more raw veganism into my life
    -my desires in general
    -blankets
    -heat
    -my neighborhood
    -memories and also remembering the feelings of those memories
    -ideas
    -that it's still early

-feeling in such a great mood today!
    -getting the protein drinks made
    -protein drinks!
    -having a place to live
    -letter project being done and looking perfect and i really did a good job
    -interview for more work confirmed
    -person i took a risk to contact for work said yes!
    -seen an amazing interview offer at a favorite club with a famous person in my inbox so got that which is great,i had just been thinking i'd like to do an event again soon
    -seeing A the guy i really like and have for some time posting more things online that i just know is too drive me crazy,either we are really in tune or he is really keeping tabs on me,or most likely both.i really adore him. he has everything i want in a guy.
    -how sexy guys can be!
    -my pep!
    -feeling love
    -amazing journaling session last night where i realized i've been assuming too much and that it's time to let go of that and the beauty that can happen when you do and how it takes you to a no expectations mindset doing that which ends up bringing exactly what you desire anyways
    -heat
    -feeling confident and decisive
    -keeping and sticking with my vision
    -vitamins
    -soothing upbeat music
    -that project is almost done
    -feeling loved and adored exactly as i am,even with my craziness and annoyingness
    -how the more you love yourself,the more loved you feel by others
    -soul connections
    -the feeling of dejavu
    -the feeling that something amazing is about to happen.i feel it in my bones. i'm right where i should be.
    -that best friend is becoming more ambitious and that learning a great way to get this out of him is to aim twice as high,he then always ends up reaching higher as a compromise
    -that november has overall been going pretty well
    -being and feeling beautiful
    -interconnectedness and oneness
    -that all is well,all is really well
    -my city
    -the people i know and meet,i know such cool,interesting people and have access to more interesting,cool people then the average person and for that i am grateful
    -knowing it's all going to work out
    -relaxing,surrendering,and healing
    -afformations
    -enthusiasm and motivation
    -energy and the dance and flow of energy and things that help me get back on track understanding it,understanding how to heal the flow of energy when it feels blocked and how to trust the flow of energy when it doesn't feel like it's going "my" way
    -ab exercises. they feel so good and really make me feel nice and open
    -high protein diet and getting in all high protein for the day and how good it makes me feel

Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 LastLast