Thread: Been doing yoga and now have tickling spine.

Been doing yoga and now have tickling spine.

I've been doing yoga and meditation and for the past few weeks I have a warm, tingly tickling in my spine. It comes on whenever I even think about mediation, yoga or martial arts and if I'm doing something very "present" and body focused like tai chi then it's almost burning. It seemed to raise from the base of my spine to the middle in the first week and then has been stuck in the middle (by shoulder blades) for the past month or so.
    Last edited by buzzcock; 6th January 2015 at 04:06 PM.

Re: Been doing yoga and now have tickling spine.

This might indicate blockages or underactivity in the heart chakra area, though not necessarily the chakra itself. Either energy is needed there or it can not go further up the spine. Next time you feel energy raising sensations, relax and allow it to go further along the spine, see if it helps.

Also, do you feel the blockage centrally or is it on the left or right side of the spine?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    This might indicate blockages or underactivity in the heart chakra area, though not necessarily the chakra itself. Either energy is needed there or it can not go further up the spine. Next time you feel energy raising sensations, relax and allow it to go further along the spine, see if it helps.

Also, do you feel the blockage centrally or is it on the left or right side of the spine?
    thank you very much. I will try your advice. I haven't noticed it on any side, just a general heart sized lump, but maybe it leans slightly more on my left.

The reason I asked about whether you feel the blockage on the side of the spine is that there are energy pathways in your hands that supply energy to chakras, and a feeling on the side might indicate decreased flow somewhere along the path through the arm and the shoulder.

What you can do next time you meditate is focus on the energy flow there and once you feel the block, focus on the sensation. Mentally tell the energy to go where it needs to. You might feel it pushing onto the block and you might also notice where it wants to go. Eventually, the energy might go through the block. It is good to be physically relaxed when doing this. It helps the energy flow.

Give it a try and let us know if it helped.