Thread: Lots of my dreams are disturbing and unliked

Lots of my dreams are disturbing and unliked

Lots of my dreams are disturbing and unpleasant and have been for as long as I can remember, at least since my early 20s.

I've had some absolutely horrible ones about war and genocide type images, but most of them are ..not things that sound horrible when you say them, but they feel horrible. they have a strong feeling of me being alone, in a hostile or at least unwelcome environment, and being lost, in a bizzare world that just feels wrong, feels wrong and unnatural and a place where I shouldn't be. Feels kind of hollow and inreal.

Some of the themes that repeat are me looking round stores, markets or malls for a thing that I need but can't find, or it keeps moving and shifting round the shelves, me travelling on trains and buses in lonely, cold stations where I can never find the right train or I keep missing it, etc. Or me in a kind of holiday destination where I feel alone and lost, sitting in a cafe where I can't understand anyone or something.

Even the neutral dreams where nothing happens, they feel wrong, like a wrong place that shouldn't exist.

actually here is the good news. Over the last year I have been having less and less of those dreams and more ones where I feel warm and real and in company. In some of these dreams I was with old relatives who are no longer with me here and I felt very happy. And some were just, me with family, and they felt normal, not that "abandoned world" feeling my disliked ones have.

I'd like to know if anyone has any tips on improving this? I know making a more happy real life would help, but I feel like I'm trying my best at that.

Blog Entries

Re: Lots of my dreams are disturbing and unliked

My only advice might be irrelevant to you, different life experiences, except for if the images are emotionally charged yet innocuous by themeslves, you should ask your subconscious why this is, and the answer might be unpleasant, but might offer eventual closure.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I recommend you try out the following exercises:

DISCOVER YOUR CONSCIOUS BELIEFS PART 1 PG# 53

EXPANDING DREAM SPACE PG# 100

http://www.gestaltreality.com/downlo...%20Roberts.pdf

I've used these exercises many times, and they WORK, but be easy on yourself, explore playfully and without judgement or expectation of "results".

If we experience barriers, it is because we have put them there, we can remove them whenever we choose, if that is what we really want.
    “Vision without action is daydream.
    Action without vision is nightmare.”
    —Japanese Proverb

Blog Entries

I had nightmares regularly for most of my life. I also became an expert at interpreting my own dreams (though even now, I sometimes have dreams that use symbols that elude me). Bottom line is that only you can truly know what the dream symbols mean, because they originate with your subconscious, though I do see a lot of feeling lost, feeling unable to find what you're looking for (now I have a U2 song in my head), feeling alienated and unwelcome, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzcock View Post
    I'd like to know if anyone has any tips on improving this?
    This is based on what little I know of you and your life, and my own personal experience. You've got some deep issues that need to be addressed and healed. You may not be able to access those feelings on a conscious level for any number of reasons, but they do need to be addressed. I'm going to suggest my tried and true method, the only one I know for sure always works, which is to intend it and surrender. Intend to heal, no matter where it takes you or what's involved (i.e., don't set restrictions on it), and then surrender to the process, whatever that ends up being. Stuff can get pretty unstable and weird during the process, but the end result is definitely worth it, always.

Essentially, the dreams are your "greater self" trying to communicate with your "lesser self" (i.e., your waking self). There's a lot of stuff going on under the surface there, and until that's sorted out, you'll continue to have issues resulting from it.

I hope that comes across as I intend it. I mean it with genuine compassion, and I'm speaking as someone who has been there and done that.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Hi buzzcock,
    If you read again what you wrote, you are looking outside of you all the time, but you can only find it inside of yourself.
    Nothing outside of you will ever make sense. All is inside, so dare to turn inside of you, all is there what you need to discover.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

thanks everyone. I had a fairly pleasant dream last night, I was in a big city with Superman and Lex Luthor (and they were friends) and we were talking about Superheros and ways of working out in the gym.