Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can you hear that frequency?

1. Can you hear that frequency?

I think it's always there... But it's louder im some nights especially when I'm trying to meditate and/or sleep...

Right now it's driving me bananas...

It starts from there... then the tapping (could be my electronics that turned off, is it the sound of my ps3 cooling off?) ... then there's the tap on my leg (i don't know why my blanket would just do that, but i guess i could buy that) then the pressure change that pops my window (but there wasn't any doors or windows that moved in the house so if it isn't the air then it's the temperature difference of within the house and outside the house...)

The above happened last week while I was trying to meditate. I cleaned and clensed my room and it's been good since then, no weirdness.

Except... What's with that frequency?! a constant frequency in my ears or in my area and I can't think of an explanation for.

Might you know what that is? How to stop it? Any advice is appreciated and thank you in advance...

Blog Entries

Re: Can you hear that frequency?

The frequency is inside your ears, and it is electrical noise.
    When you hear sounds, the ears bring in soundwaves which make your eardrums vibrate, and the movement from the eardrum gets converted to an electric signal in the ears, via teeny-tiny hairs that are electrically charged- the movement causes changes in the electrical polarity in the hairs, and that becomes a signal that gets transmitted to your brain, which turns the signal into 'sound', what we call noise/music/sound.
    When there is a lot of silence, the hairs just sit there, not moving, polarized, probably causing noise that is kind of the same as what the white noise generators make- just random molecules making random electrical noise. Sometimes you hear pattern variations over the static-because the only vibrations come from inside your body; the heart pumping, the blood flowing, the organs working, and that is the pattern that overrides the staticky noise, probably modulating it in some way.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

3. Re: Can you hear that frequency?

So just turn on the TV and try to ignore it? Why isn't my thalamus filtering out this constant useless noise?

I have a constant extremely fine high pitched frequency or whine or ringing I'd call it - that is pretty close to 11000 hz - Not exact, but close. Its loudest when theres no other noise interference <-- sort of a duh statement there I guess. I wonder if everyone experiences this or something like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
    I have a constant extremely fine high pitched frequency or whine or ringing I'd call it - that is pretty close to 11000 hz - Not exact, but close. Its loudest when theres no other noise interference <-- sort of a duh statement there I guess. I wonder if everyone experiences this or something like it?
    Yes, I have it too. I have had it all my Life so I can not tell how loud it is....and I have difficulty to express it how it sounds, but I can tell that when I get "images" of something it get´s louder to Catch my attention, and when I focus on what is "comming" it dim´s and I focus on the message so to speak.
    When I was just a Child, everyone could see on my face and Eyes wide open to understand something happened to me, and they could not get my attention because the sound did hold a grip of my attention, and I could not hear anything but the message, and my parents and relatives get worried and afraid, and this has caused them to see me as sick.
    Today I can have this parall to the Daily Life, and I have noticed that the sound gets dimmed when I am on the message freequnecy and I can do other things at the same time...it is a practis of my whole Life and I am 58 soon.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Searching4Guru View Post
    So just turn on the TV and try to ignore it?
    I wouldn't meditate with the TV. It's mostly stupid or negative or both. If you really want to use some sort of sound to meditate, there are loads of music options. You want something without words, and you should probably look for something specifically designed for meditation. I don't even like classical music for meditation, because a lot of it is pretty lively and I get into actually listening to it. Meditation music (or music for Reiki) is deliberately on the bland side, while being pleasant to listen to.

Why isn't my thalamus filtering out this constant useless noise?
    Your ears are almost unbelievably sensitive. When there is no louder or more important sound to listen to, your brain starts listening to the sound of the blood rushing in your ears and other minute noises. Studies with people in soundproof rooms have shown that in the absence of other noise, people can actually hear air circulating (as in, the molecules) and the sound of dust particles moving around and all kinds of "microscopic" sound. The thing where you "tune out" some sounds is a matter of focus, and if there's nothing more significant to focus on, your brain starts to focus on smaller and smaller sounds, and some of them are pretty weird.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

So just turn on the TV and try to ignore it? Why isn't my thalamus filtering out this constant useless noise?
    Because you're paying attention to it. If you find something else to occupy your mind, it will be filtered out.

Blog Entries

Yes.

Blog Entries

I've always had that. I can remember being very young (four, maybe) and lying in bed listening to the ringing in my ears. I get it quite severely sometimes, in fact, and in my case, it's classified as tinnitus. Most of the time, I'm not bothered by it, and I find listening to it useful in some situations. (In some situations, it can make it so that I am literally unable to understand someone's speech, though. Not so useful then. )
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I never thought of that. Might come in handy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast