Thread: DIY: Cheap and Simple Subtle Energy Accumulator.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Re: DIY: Cheap and Simple Subtle Energy Accumulator.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    I'm sorry to break this to you, but those "puffs" are not cotton. They're 100% rayon (that's right on the package label), and rayon is which is most definitely a synthetic material.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I agree that the exact materials of these "cotton balls" are indeed 100% Rayon, it does say so on the bag, you're right.

This DIY was really just a fast and cheap means for someone to experience the concept of the device in an effort to share the idea. When it can be done real cotton or cork sheeting is best used, but Rayon seems to be suitable and appropriate for the intended purpose. Rayon is not close in feeling/effect to using documented improper materials like Aluminum or certain plastics. They will tell you through tactile sensation that it is unsuitable and you will want to deconstruct that device.

I have not experienced problems with using Rayon in a device like this in the long-term, nor have many people I know that have made a device like this one. Cork sheeting is the best material to use next to real cotton in a wooden or stainless steel container. I have several devices that use only steel food cans and cork sheeting to very good effect. A more advanced design is not all that more difficult than the DIY design for an interested person to build.

This device was used for charging crystals and small objects.

The nature of these devices are very versatile in that it is easy to make one to your own size, specifications, or needs.

Cheers,
    - Malathion.
    Last edited by Malathion; 31st March 2015 at 08:12 PM. Reason: I cannot add spacing/formating.
    "Curvature of time - not a straight line." - Nik Turner.