(copied from Ask Robert Bruce)

What is the symbolism in passing the staff onto someone else?

My mother received a staff in dream from my great grandmother who has been deceased for over 10 years now. She says that my great grandma leads people somewhere.

When my mom awoke, her hand was up in the air as if she was holding the staff (which is strange because she wouldn't have been able to do that in sleep).

What could this mean?

I wanted to ask in this further, but I tried to keep it short.

What happened before the encounter with my spirit relative:

My mother had been having a lot of dreams about my great grandmother. She could see her leading spirits to another place. She was something. I don't know what to call it. She had a staff as well.

Every time my mother would try to talk to her, she would totally ignore her as if she couldn't hear her. She had that same dream in which she was there with her many times at the start of the year.

The last time she had that dream this year, another relative had appeared. In real life, this relative is hungry for land. She's somewhat of a Hawaiian priest wannabe. She got into a huge fight with my great grandmother. My grandma was talking in the original Hawaiian language (instead of using the K as in Kamehameha, it was actually T in Tamehameha for the original language). The relative fell down. My grandma then told her not to attack or try to touch our family.

She then turned around and saw my mom. She gave her a staff and then my mom woke up.

Now what I say is way before the events of any of this happening.

The night of my great grandmother's death, my regular grandma had seen her in a physical form. Her other brother confirmed that because he also saw her in physical form. Wonder how that's done.