Thread: Passing the staff

Blog Entries

Passing the staff

(copied from Ask Robert Bruce)

What is the symbolism in passing the staff onto someone else?

My mother received a staff in dream from my great grandmother who has been deceased for over 10 years now. She says that my great grandma leads people somewhere.

When my mom awoke, her hand was up in the air as if she was holding the staff (which is strange because she wouldn't have been able to do that in sleep).

What could this mean?

I wanted to ask in this further, but I tried to keep it short.

What happened before the encounter with my spirit relative:

My mother had been having a lot of dreams about my great grandmother. She could see her leading spirits to another place. She was something. I don't know what to call it. She had a staff as well.

Every time my mother would try to talk to her, she would totally ignore her as if she couldn't hear her. She had that same dream in which she was there with her many times at the start of the year.

The last time she had that dream this year, another relative had appeared. In real life, this relative is hungry for land. She's somewhat of a Hawaiian priest wannabe. She got into a huge fight with my great grandmother. My grandma was talking in the original Hawaiian language (instead of using the K as in Kamehameha, it was actually T in Tamehameha for the original language). The relative fell down. My grandma then told her not to attack or try to touch our family.

She then turned around and saw my mom. She gave her a staff and then my mom woke up.

Now what I say is way before the events of any of this happening.

The night of my great grandmother's death, my regular grandma had seen her in a physical form. Her other brother confirmed that because he also saw her in physical form. Wonder how that's done.

Blog Entries

Re: Passing the staff

"Passing the staff" is a common phrase that means passing on authority or responsibility to someone else. In the case of a staff, that's traditionally associated with shepherds (used to keep the sheep together in a flock) and also with royalty (similar concept, actually).

There's also "passing the baton" which is similar, but generally only means that you're passing on a responsibility, rather than some sort of authority. Think of a baton race, where the runner passes the baton to the next person and then is done with the race. Very similar to "passing the torch", in fact.

A Google search of the phrase "passing the staff" will turn up a lot of instances of people in some sort of leadership position or authority retiring or stepping down, and "passing on" their authority to someone else. These include (in the quick search I just did) people in churches, activism groups, social groups, business, and education.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

This stuff happened in an extremely vivid dream that she had going on for months every night till she finally received the staff 6 months ago and the same dream stopped.

She was left on a cliffhanger.

I suppose it could be on the help of the spiritual protection side.

Blog Entries

I don't think it was a cliffhanger. Clearly, she was given some sort of authority, passed on from your great-grandmother. A legacy of some sort, I should think. Probably, she wasn't ready for it before, and now she is. Whatever it is, she has it now, which is why the dreams stopped. If there was more, they would have continued. She may not be consciously aware of whatever it is, but it's pretty obviously something that has already happened and is now finished. And, I suspect, she does know what it is, on some level, but can't or won't acknowledge it consciously, hence the appearance of it in a subconscious form, but she knows, or the dreams would have continued with further information.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Exactly true. I had hints of possibility of learning more about this staff. She seems to all of a sudden remember it now. Wonder what's next.

I once came to rock with Saint's names in Cambodia. There was a magical staff there to pass on to next "Saints", too bad I took it and ruined the spot down. I was a crazy motorcyclist back then! But the staff power is to lead Your way, guide You, enlight path. There could be water staff, but same goes to other elements, they do have some special connection to the world. Give it a try!