Searching4Guru yes, energy awareness, and what it brings, is amazing. But then there come a moment in the progress when one learns there's something more than just that.

CFTraverel asked above whether energy-work like qi-gong excercises takes one any further than just working with energy. Well, I think it's like comparing a noobie student with a master in martial arts: the first usually thinks about the techniques and tends to look on everything in a surfacial way, while the latter's experience managed him or her to develop something invisible and not simply possible to convey to students. This something is a consciousness.

The same refers to energy. At first, one may think that one needs to just use it, particularly toward others. Because of practicing energy stuff, one have an advantage over other people: he or she senses more, realizes more about them, feels their aura, even gets telepathic signals; on the other hand, that one who is fluent in the area may control aura or energy that it affects other people in a way one wants them to. But then, usually after many experiences, one may come to realization that there's something more than just kung fu or wu shu blows, more than energy impacting others... Then there appear a question "why" or other alike, bringing many notices about self and others, and consciousness progress. Instead of coping with energy on a lower level, one starts to notice that this energy doesn't exist at just a single level, but has its source in a higher one. Finally such a person may come to a conclusion that everything starts within his or her mind.

What I wrote above in large part refers to mentioned Taoists, who were involved in all of these mentioned discplines: from physical martial arts, through energy work, to the mind exploration and development.

ButterflyWoman right, it seems Jung (for instance) had a different idea about archetypes than Plato. Both variants can exist (I think, probably do), and even be connected together, when involving multi-dimension reality as a kind of "hierarchical structure". The Jungian archetypes could be thus subconscious, lower-energy deep feelings-like "images" (perhaps connected astrologically to the Moon), while Platonic archetypes being truly universal, with no direct energy (kind of that we used to use in mundane lives) involved in them. So it's like the first were the shadows of the latter, and needed to be so (i.e. to be "just shadows") in order to be used collectively by the "mundane" societies. Plato spoke about it (perfectness of the archetypes vs. imperfectness of its derivatives) as well. So, we have here two different, but not entirely different (connected in a way), meanings of archetypes.

I understand the concept (archetype) of Yin, referred to by Asian people as Earth sometimes (being certainly more concrete, and thus less universal "version" of Yin). However, Yin is an impersonal energetic (and archetypical) polar. But your explanations are very good, they gave the "Mother" archetype a personal meaning in a wide enough and accurate context.

From what you describe, it seems that the archetype and its impact on others you mention is a really strong one in your personality, so that it's "energetically stable". You also have a highly developed self-awareness (kind of "external outlook" into your own behaviour, and even further, the general "image"), which could be connected to prominent Uranus in the birth chart, and/or Scorpio, but it's just guessing here.

You brought up the ancient people's references to the archetypes. Indeed, they have a lot to do with energy (not necesserily with "what to do with it" question though). Ancient traditions used archetypes to classify energy types, or forces, in the universe. Aura, i.e. kind of energy it consists and is built from, is probably best recognized and described with references to archetypes. When the archetype is strong one within one, it certainly "pours down" from a higher, more archetypical levels of personality (not the ones most people refer to as personality).