Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Confused as to what you actually do with energy.

Re: Confused as to what you actually do with energy.

Searching4Guru yes, energy awareness, and what it brings, is amazing. But then there come a moment in the progress when one learns there's something more than just that.

CFTraverel asked above whether energy-work like qi-gong excercises takes one any further than just working with energy. Well, I think it's like comparing a noobie student with a master in martial arts: the first usually thinks about the techniques and tends to look on everything in a surfacial way, while the latter's experience managed him or her to develop something invisible and not simply possible to convey to students. This something is a consciousness.

The same refers to energy. At first, one may think that one needs to just use it, particularly toward others. Because of practicing energy stuff, one have an advantage over other people: he or she senses more, realizes more about them, feels their aura, even gets telepathic signals; on the other hand, that one who is fluent in the area may control aura or energy that it affects other people in a way one wants them to. But then, usually after many experiences, one may come to realization that there's something more than just kung fu or wu shu blows, more than energy impacting others... Then there appear a question "why" or other alike, bringing many notices about self and others, and consciousness progress. Instead of coping with energy on a lower level, one starts to notice that this energy doesn't exist at just a single level, but has its source in a higher one. Finally such a person may come to a conclusion that everything starts within his or her mind.

What I wrote above in large part refers to mentioned Taoists, who were involved in all of these mentioned discplines: from physical martial arts, through energy work, to the mind exploration and development.

ButterflyWoman right, it seems Jung (for instance) had a different idea about archetypes than Plato. Both variants can exist (I think, probably do), and even be connected together, when involving multi-dimension reality as a kind of "hierarchical structure". The Jungian archetypes could be thus subconscious, lower-energy deep feelings-like "images" (perhaps connected astrologically to the Moon), while Platonic archetypes being truly universal, with no direct energy (kind of that we used to use in mundane lives) involved in them. So it's like the first were the shadows of the latter, and needed to be so (i.e. to be "just shadows") in order to be used collectively by the "mundane" societies. Plato spoke about it (perfectness of the archetypes vs. imperfectness of its derivatives) as well. So, we have here two different, but not entirely different (connected in a way), meanings of archetypes.

I understand the concept (archetype) of Yin, referred to by Asian people as Earth sometimes (being certainly more concrete, and thus less universal "version" of Yin). However, Yin is an impersonal energetic (and archetypical) polar. But your explanations are very good, they gave the "Mother" archetype a personal meaning in a wide enough and accurate context.

From what you describe, it seems that the archetype and its impact on others you mention is a really strong one in your personality, so that it's "energetically stable". You also have a highly developed self-awareness (kind of "external outlook" into your own behaviour, and even further, the general "image"), which could be connected to prominent Uranus in the birth chart, and/or Scorpio, but it's just guessing here.

You brought up the ancient people's references to the archetypes. Indeed, they have a lot to do with energy (not necesserily with "what to do with it" question though). Ancient traditions used archetypes to classify energy types, or forces, in the universe. Aura, i.e. kind of energy it consists and is built from, is probably best recognized and described with references to archetypes. When the archetype is strong one within one, it certainly "pours down" from a higher, more archetypical levels of personality (not the ones most people refer to as personality).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arcant View Post
    ButterflyWoman right, it seems Jung (for instance) had a different idea about archetypes than Plato. Both variants can exist (I think, probably do), and even be connected together, when involving multi-dimension reality as a kind of "hierarchical structure".
    Yes, I quite agree.

The Jungian archetypes could be thus subconscious, lower-energy deep feelings-like "images" (perhaps connected astrologically to the Moon), while Platonic archetypes being truly universal, with no direct energy (kind of that we used to use in mundane lives) involved in them.
    Oh, that's an interesting concept. I do think that Jungian/Campbellian archetypes are things that exist in the collective unconscious.

So it's like the first were the shadows of the latter, and needed to be so (i.e. to be "just shadows") in order to be used collectively by the "mundane" societies. Plato spoke about it (perfectness of the archetypes vs. imperfectness of its derivatives) as well. So, we have here two different, but not entirely different (connected in a way), meanings of archetypes.
    Indeed.

You brought up the ancient people's references to the archetypes. Indeed, they have a lot to do with energy (not necesserily with "what to do with it" question though). Ancient traditions used archetypes to classify energy types, or forces, in the universe. Aura, i.e. kind of energy it consists and is built from, is probably best recognized and described with references to archetypes. When the archetype is strong one within one, it certainly "pours down" from a higher, more archetypical levels of personality (not the ones most people refer to as personality).
    Yes. I was perhaps not as clear as I might have been. Some of these concepts are things I haven't actually articulated before now. The concept of "energetic archetypes" as opposed to Platonic archetypes is interesting, and a distinction I can appreciate.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

3. Re: Confused as to what you actually do with energy.

I'm hungry for the conclusion. What should you do with energy?

Quote Originally Posted by Searching4Guru View Post
    Expand your awareness.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Whatever you want?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

What should you do with energy?
    Use it for a good purpose which would improve the quality of your life and hopefully benefit others.
    How?
    By raising energy and keeping the flow strong you may want to

Earn Money From It.
    a) Developing psychic abilities and give readings for people
    b)provide healing to people.
    c) master a skill using energy and teach others. Eg. Tai Chi.

Improve your own health/ body.

However, if you are more drawn towards discovering more about YOU ,
    Use the energy and learn how to aid conscious OBEs
    Use the energy and learn how to to work with the other side and communicate.
    Learn to be proficient in dream recall
    Learn how to interpret dreams and decide if they are relevant to take notice of or when to dismiss them .
    With this you improve your outlook on life and may be gently guided in life with hints and suggestions and sometimes warnings.
    Once you have a conscious OBE you may just want more and more to discover unless something important in physical needs your attention more.

All of these have been mentioned already I think. I've just put them in order to summarise .
    So the choice is up to the individual as to what to do with it.
    What you are drawn towards.At the end of the day whatever you choose it will be your choice and will expand your awareness.
    The energy is the tool but we have to learn the skill.

Blog Entries

Just to add, you don't have to use it to benefit anyone or anything. People use their available energy for any and all purposes (usually without consciously understanding it, but they're still doing it), including ones that you might consider negative. Energy is basically the substance of reality (that's not precisely correct, but it's not a bad metaphor). You can use it for anything you want.

It's very good to be straight to the point and always expect conclusions. So here's mine on what to do with energy:
    * start with the question what you want to acheive in a most general way, like in your life
    * then you realize what kind of energy you need
    * then your energy will motivate you to acheive that, and your motivation will keep that kind of energy being attracted to yourself (as a circural way)

It partly refers to practical "wu-wei" state (as from Taoists teachnigs).

If you consider it to be too general, please narrow your question then. Specific energy kind and specific goals could have more specific answers.

Generally speaking, the energy role is to "change" something. But I think the question about what to do with energy, is more like what to do generally, or what to do with your life.

Here's a little break-down examples referring to specific energy kinds:
    * physical kind of energy - used to physical actions (externally) or to improve physical body (internally)
    * vital energy (connected to the second energy center, called also lower tan t'ien) - used to keep physical and emotional energy high; if you're not a physical-like type, it's better to not exeggarate with this one at first
    * Qi, personality and mental energy (third energy center, middle tan t'ien) - it can be applied in quite many ways, but usually you may find a personal impact on others when increasing this one; in long term it's also very important to keep your health, feeling and energetic system at high level
    * Heart center - easily to underestimate, but very important as well, and effects are seen in rather longer term: it keeps balance and harmony in a general way, involving physical, emotional, mental state, but also your relations, particularly in places you spend most time in (like home, work etc.)

There are of course much more into this topic, but I think for the moment that should be ok?

Blog Entries

I just was presented with a metaphor. I wasn't going to post it (it may sound a little weird or snarky) but I'm feeling quite compelled, so I'm going to share it. Take it for what it's worth.

Asking "What do you do with energy?" is like asking, "What do you do with money?" Answer: Use it for whatever you want/need.