Hi I'm at reiki 2 level and there are some things that bother me..

I think a lot of reiki people believe blindly everything that is marketed by reiki masters and I feel that there are some questions that require closer examination:

Why is it that after attunement you get a boost and your reiki feels a lot stronger and then it fades after few weeks? I'm sure many have had this experience.

Have you noticed that after treating others you sometimes feel drained? I know I should always feel energized after treating others, but I don't.

It also seems that if I take a break from reiki, and then start doing it again, it feels stronger. This shouldn't happen, if I'm really tapping into universal energy.

Ok, today I read an article which seems to answer these questions. In the article it was told, that the person who wrote the article has been seen a disturbing phenomenon. That sometimes a reiki practitioner will drain the energy from a client without him knowing that. He explains this with the following points:

If your vibrational level is not high enough, then you won't be able to tap into the limitless source of energy, but instead you are using your own "battery". Things work fine as long as you have power left, but when it runs out, you will start to drain your client, without you knowing it. This is because energy moves automatically from where there is more, to where there is less. Just like water runs downhill. So if it happens that your battery is empty and your client has some juice, then you will take from him.

This "using own battery" thing also explains why taking a break helps.

It seems that the attunement raises our vibration to a higher level for a while(and then we can tap into the source), but it seems that it doesn't stay there for too long(at least for me) and after awhile, reiki seems to fade off. Not completely, but it sure isn't what it was after reiki 1 course. I think that after that boost-period, some of us start to use our own power. So reiki still works, but it isn't as powerful.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Or is reiki always energizing to you and your client?

This also raises the important question: how can I raise my vibration to a level where I will use the limitless source, and how do I know when I get there.

-Pete