Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most recent experience in Psychic Development and Mediumship

Blog Entries

Most recent experience in Psychic Development and Mediumship

Because a lot happened and was learned, it'll take me a while to journal it. Here are the first instalments:

Psychic workshop 7.2.15
    Part 1:
    This was my fourth workshop with Christine and my fifth overall. We began, as usual, with some information about sensing psychically and mediumistically and how the latter is harder to maintain. I learnt that reading auras (sensing psychically) tended to be energy depleting while mediumship was energizing due to help from the other side. Christine also mentioned how mediums who were less developed tended to dip down into aura reading due to inability to maintain link to spirit, something I have witnessed myself. She suggested that a 45-minute reading would be the outer limits for a beginning medium and also advocated that we not rush to become mediums; that we work at the psychic level often and not see it as an inferior skill but more as foundational.

A Name on a Piece of Paper:
    This activity was more about psychic reading. Christine gave each of us a piece of paper to write a person’s name on and two issues around that person for the psychic to explore. There was to be no predicting the future (which Christine treats with derision), just picking up information. Then the names were put in a plastic bag and we each took a sheet.

The sheet I received read:
    Helen H-----
    - recent bereavement
    - ongoing “caring”-exhausted

- So, I tuned into Helen and immediately felt an intense heaviness of heart. I wrote that down but later felt that I had to come back to that because there was meant to be a physical warning here, not just me experiencing her emotions empathically.
    - Then I got the feeling that I must mention her Dad in particular. So I wrote that down.
    - Next I wrote “Black dog,” which I thought was simply a metaphor for depression, however, something insisted that I write down the particular black dog I was seeing from the children’s illustrated book Hairy Maclary. I wondered if there was going to something about the surname Maclary perhaps.
    - I got a distinct impression that Helen is trapped in a particular way of thinking and the feeling that she is trying too hard to be perfect in her life, even though she is kind and devoted.
    - I kept seeing a stop sign and felt the need to write, “She needs to stop and breathe now.”
    - The next image was her empty, unmade bed. It was daylight and I got the distinct feeling that while she could grab some sleep, she couldn’t stay asleep, such was her depression but I also missed a possibility here, as you’ll see later.
    - Then a really gloomy feeling overcame me and I felt her sense of being futureless.
    - There was a sense of a kindly neighbor who would show some kind of regard or concern for her or who had done her a good turn or two.
    - The next image was quite strange. It was a hard spectacles case that was being pulled open but was glued and so was resisting opening. I took this to mean that something was opening up in her that would ultimately give her access to a clearer vision but she had been resisting it.
    - I felt a small shadow child lurking in her presence but had a distinct feeling that it wasn’t her child and not an actual child as much as a memory or thought form.

Next, each person announced whom they had gotten and we paired up either with someone who had done the reading or someone we had done it for. I found Rain, a professional psychic, had gotten my sheet of paper on which I had written my sister’s name. She appears to have done a good job (though there was a bit of prediction there too, now I think of it )

Then Diane and I found each other. Helen H is a friend that Diane has known since school. We were told to give feedback but not too much information so we could come back and do another exercise (which never eventuated). Diane was very impressed and I was keen to know why she had reacted as she had. What she did immediately verify was that her friend was (predictably) suffering depression but also that while she had been “pleasantly plump” she had become anorexic. I trusted this evaluation coming from Diane who works as a school psychologist (a Catholic school as it turns out). So, this unfortunately increases the possibility of a threat to Helen’s physical heart. Diane felt that Helen was on a negative trajectory and really did need to stop, that she was caught in a cycle of limited thinking. The good neighbor comment was unverifiable at the time but Diane told me that Helen was indeed getting up very early, unable to spend a full night in sleep.

When we went back to our seats, Christine said to rate ourselves based on the “jewel” bits of information rather than more generic stuff. I thought my reading was pretty generic but Diane kept mouthing “Nine out of ten” across the room to me. It wasn’t until lunchtime that I understood what had impressed her.

Part 2:
    Diane’s Feedback:
    By lunchtime it was clear that we weren’t going to do any further activity regarding the name on the paper so I asked Diane to tell me the other things about my reading that had impressed her. She told me that Helen had first nursed her sick dad. He was one of two people in the world that has a condition that would cause veins at the back of his neck to “explode” and had had a stroke that left Helen caring for him followed by a stroke that had taken his life. Then her mother became ill and Helen nursed her until she died. Then Helen’s husband followed. This is where I thought I might have missed some of the symbolism of the empty bed in a sunlit room. The thought form child was because Helen’s husband had never wanted children and she went along with this but regretfully.
    The Hairy Maclary reference was for Diane herself. She had used her own dog as a therapy dog in her work. One of her clients had insisted that the dog looked like the dog in Hairy Maclary and when she said she wasn’t familiar with the children’s book, the client bought her a copy, which she keeps on her desk at work.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Re: Most recent experience in Psychic Development and Mediumship

Wow. Great job! You are so talented.
    But poor Helen... :/ what a sad life. I wish she would get better. Maybe she should get a dog? if she doesn't have one... I know it sounds silly but I think pets can really help.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Blog Entries

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. It's given me some food for thought, too.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Dontco, I did go once and was totally useless due to exhaustion but I'm working at it. I do think pets can help too.

Leyla, have you stopped reading because of recent studies?

BW, glad there was something in there for you.

Part 3:
    More Questions:
    Periodically I experience phenomena and this had been the case recently with an radio alarm clock that hadn’t been turned on (and if it had been would have been set to play the radio quietly at 6.30am) screaming us awake with its alarm full-bore at 5.05am. This also lined up weirdly with a dream I was experiencing at the time. So, without mentioning specifics, I asked Christine about such phenomena. Her feeling was that this type of electronic disturbance was a release of built up psychic energy. She said it was likely related to my yoga practice (however, since I’d resumed NEW because I was on holidays at the time, I suspect that was more the cause this time). That’s not to discount the yoga practice, as the doorbell (which we eventually disconnected) often rang with no one there while I did my evening practice.
    Christine said that her TV had been turning on spontaneously when her weekly development group were involved in “building power” through concentration and a few people mentioned that to me again throughout the day.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Barriers:
    We were asked to pair up with someone and just do some aura reading, so Diane and I were happily making beeline for one another, however, it wasn’t to be. A significant number of people at the workshops are locals (not me, it’s over a 2 hour drive there for me and frequently much more on the return) and they attend the weekly development session, so they know one another. Christine wanted to break them up, which means I was paired with someone else, who failed to conceal her disappointment.

We were instructed not to mentally ask questions -a method that has worked well for me - but just to let impressions flow. Christine said one person at a time and not to swap until she said.

I asked the other lady if she’d start (can’t remember her name, probably because I ended up not liking her). She was slow to proceed and while she was struggling I got an impression, so I asked if she would mind if I told her that. I saw a letterbox and a parcel being delivered. She said she was waiting for a friend to deliver a parcel of materials and she was sorry she wouldn’t get to spend time with him because his visit corresponded with the workshop. Then she insisted I keep going as per Christine’s instructions.

She had a mannerism that reminded me of my former sister-in-law and simultaneous with this observation I saw a book, leading me to make an incorrect association that meant I asked her if she liked romance novels, as my sister-in-law had. She said she didn’t. Then I saw a crocheted circle against stripy wallpaper. Yes, she crocheted but didn’t understand the wallpaper. I saw pom-poms like a cheerleader would use and asked her if she was going to a game, explaining what I’d seen. Despite the distinct feeling of dislike from her, she prompted me to think more deeply about what pom-poms might represent then told me she is American – there was no detectable accent, however. I saw the book again, open and lying on its face, and she admitted she was in the middle of a book and that this was unusual for her. Then I kept seeing things associated with home renovation in a series: a scraper removing wallpaper; plaster powder through a funnel; and so forth. She insisted that this was meaningless but eventually mentioned she was an interior decorator, even though she didn’t do the kind of work I had visualised. I found myself increasingly less interested in reading her as we progressed simply because she emanated negativity.

We swapped and she fired away a number of her impressions. I thought I was very polite and encouraging but when she suggested my husband was my height and had brown hair -he’s taller and shaves his head- and I stated this was not the case, she chastised, “No need to be snarly.” I pointed out that I had not been snarly but the comment left me with a particular impression of her bitterness. She had seen me with children (taking them to sports and a trampoline in the backyard)which I told her were from my past. She seemed to think I was significantly younger than I actually am. She also picked up that I had been married a long time and had a particular rapport with my eldest son. When she correctly got that he wears shorts in all kinds of weather and I told her with humour this was a trait of all the men in my immediate family, she seemed to take it as belittling her insight on this particular son. She told me she had no children herself. I couldn’t help but feel her dislike wasn’t personal but more about what I stood for to her as an older woman without a family of her own.

I did not like the way she couldn’t own her mistakes, often trying to force an interpretation that didn’t fit. The interesting thing is that later I realized that she had actually gotten more right than I’d given her credit for, only her attitude left me in avoidance mode rather than deeply engaged -I admit that I have little patience for aggressive people, especially after a long trip with considerate Sydney drivers. For example, she said something about a problem with nerves and I said I wasn’t a nervous person and then she said actual nerves in my body. It only occurred to me later that she might have been picking up on a recent visit with a neurologist (not for a nerve-related issue).
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 11th February 2015 at 06:30 AM.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Bookmarked.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Here's more to keep you busy reading, CF.

Part 4:
    During the break another question I asked Christine was whether her food choices affected her ability to read mediumistically. Her answer was that it does not, however, she feels nutritious food was more likely to give energy. She noted that a number of mediums she knows are diabetics and talked about a tendency among them to seek out sugar as a quick energy fix. I don’t know if that really singles them out from the rest of the community though.

There were other exercises that, for brevity’s sake, I’m not going to go into detail about, leading up to mediumship platform-style.

Finding the Courage to take the Platform:

The reason you need an experienced medium to guide you when you’re learning mediumship is because she or he can tune into the same spirit and verify that there is in fact a spiritual presence rather than the reader taking information from the sitter’s aura. It is fascinating to watch Christine position herself slightly behind a reader and correct their misperceptions. It goes something like this, the reader says something, the sitter says it’s wrong, Christine says what the spirit was actually trying to convey and, almost invariably, the sitter agrees. Christine at times seems to infuse her energy into a person losing their nerve, taking them by the arm affectionately.

The first two volunteers to jump up and read were the younger people of the group, a friendly guy and a nice woman, who is an actress currently at home with small children. Both did well, particularly the young man who made contact with a masculine looking woman who had had a lot of rejection issues with her family when she was alive and had a tendency to hoard. For a while it was hard to distinguish for whom he was actually reading as he seemed to say things that applied to one sitter and then another. Christine made him turn his back on the sitters to focus on the spirit because she felt that he was often reading one of the sitter’s aura and this was causing confusion. It worked - soon everything he said made sense only to the other sitter.

Interestingly, this guy made a comment I had made earlier about seeing a cream coloured garage door, not the automatic type. For me, as for him, this image went nowhere but I mentioned it to him and to Christine as a psychic impression I’d picked up in an earlier session. Then Rain said she kept picking up a couple called John and Margo, and another woman said she had been getting the same names continuously as well!

The next day my own cream coloured garage door had to be manually operated as we had a power-out just as G and I were about to go to the beach.

Another couple of women was called and again both were successful. It was interesting to watch Christine standing behind one and begin to move her hands correspondingly with that woman, as though they were both feeling something. The woman said, “He has a basket in his hands,” then Christine jumped in with a correction, “It’s a satchel.” The woman added, “He has it across his shoulder,” and Christine replied, “That’s your imagination, love. He’s showing that there’s something wrapped up in fabric inside… a disc or watch or something.”

When those ladies were finished she asked for two more volunteers and no one moved so she said, “Up you get, Donna,” and called on another woman too. I contemplated refusing but knew I’d have to bite the bullet some day and I had done this successfully one-on-one, so I took the platform.

First we sat on the stool and tuned in. The woman beside me began to fan herself furiously as she was having a hot flush. This caused laughter, which released tension in the room.

At first, I saw a little lamb, to my right. I assumed this meant her name was Mary. I said she had silver curly hair and two people claimed her. I noted I was spontaneously looking right. In my two previous readings (both male disincarnates) I had shifted my eyes left. Then I told Christine that I thought I’d made a mistake and that that maybe the person I was seeing was G’s aunt, Alice. She told me that I was seeing it that way for a reason and that I was on track with Mary. So I continued.

I felt Mary was a delightful person, extremely kind, humble and contented. Immediately one of the sitters who had claimed a Mary said, “Not mine then.”

I felt she was probably the other sitter’s aunt. I said that she had a lot of fine lines on her face when she aged rather than the deep lines some people get. Her skin was very soft and she was very soft. The sitter, the American woman I hadn’t gotten on well with earlier, agreed with everything I said.

Mary showed me her husband, a tall thin man with wavy rusty hair. I didn’t mention the colour of his hair because the sitter was red headed and it just seemed too convenient. The sitter told me she never met Mary’s husband and didn’t really know what he had looked like as he had passed on.

Mary showed me a green place near water where she was happy and the American woman said she had retired there. I got the impression she had had children but not specific details. I said she had died without trauma, peacefully in her sleep, which was correct.

I told Christine I felt unsure of things because I wasn’t seeing as much clairvoyantly, which is my primary way of intuiting, but just kept feeling the information and wondered if I was making it up (even though I hadn’t gotten anything wrong as far as I knew). Christine told me that I had a really strong link to spirit and that it was even better that I was getting the information the way I was getting it. This was very encouraging! Overall, Mary just felt good and when I said that I felt she was an evolved soul, Christine agreed completely.

I guess the reading went for about 7 minutes, I’m not really sure. At the end, the American woman said that when she knew Mary, she and her mother would always go to her house for a lamb roast!

The lady with the hot flush didn’t end up going through with her reading, as it turned out. It had been a long and busy day and we were all getting really tired.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    I felt unsure of things because I wasn’t seeing as much clairvoyantly, which is my primary way of intuiting, but just kept feeling the information and wondered if I was making it up (even though I hadn’t gotten anything wrong as far as I knew). Christine told me that I had a really strong link to spirit and that it was even better that I was getting the information the way I was getting it.
    I don't know about better or worse, but empathy/clairsentience is my strongest ability. I do kind of "see" stuff (in my mind's eye), but it's more like I'm "feeling" it than seeing it. Like I form a mental image from what I feel, rather than as visual input, if that makes sense. I sometimes hear things clairaudiently, but I tend not to trust that as much because I talk to myself inside my head constantly, often with multiple voices, so it can be hard to tell stuff I'm hearing and stuff I'm thinking. I trust my strong feeling about things much, much more than I trust any other sense, including clairvoyance. To me, the stuff from the heart (which is where clairsentience is grounded, metaphorically) is much more useful and accurate than any other kind of perception. Again, I'm not saying it's "better" (I don't know that it is), but it does seem to me to be the most comprehensive.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leyla View Post
    I just hate talking to dead people though because it feels creepy as hell. *shivers*
    I think it depends on the dead person. I've had some quite nice conversations with some. But others, particularly "ghosts" (restless, "undead", "unfinished business", etc.) do creep me out. I generally avoid them. They always have an agenda.

Blog Entries

I haven't been creeped out by any of the deceased people I've communicated with. The last two were actually really nice and they "felt" good to me. They just felt like people.
    Williams)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast