Thanks, everyone! lovely stories...
CFT- wow. I never heard anyone say that (except for, maybe, Abraham Hicks). Cool. I don't really think that you're "brand new", I actually expected you to be rather developed in your soul development...
BW- yes, you're right, you're pouring some new light on this subject for me. Thanks!
Sinera- You are the king of past lives! You do have some cool ones, especially Atlantis! It would be so cool if there would be a past life regression of someone who lived there on youtube. At least we have the Seth material.
It is quite possible that you are not from earth, but you came here for a reason (maybe because eath is a "though planet" and people get fast progress).
Moo-
But wouldn't everything I know now be something that I learned in a past life? And the things I struggle with in THIS life (but eventually overcome) will be the things I will learn in this life?

Im a beginner at this so please be patient with me.
I'm no expert, but I'm gonna say what I think is true (everyone has a right for their own belief, of course). When we come to earth- we loose our memory of everything that ever happened to us. We sort of "sign a contract" (it was actually in Robert Monroe's book). There are good things and there are bad things that come with it. For example- if a soul did very poorly in it's last life- it may become very scared to go on and try again and so erasing it's memory is the smartest thing to do. The other thing you said- I think it's true. Most people take more than one life to overcome things like anger for example, though if you want to know more about the subject, you could read Michael Newton's books, they're very interesting.
dontco.