Hello,

I've searched all over the internet and books on the subject but found very little information/discussion for the issue pointed out in the title.

Assume many magicians can do astral projection, so why the obsession and sole focus on traditional rituals on the physical plane, years after years of experiment just to get the "sense" (heat, light etc.) and poor communication of the evoked being while forcing it to manifest in a physical substance? Or say they have great clairvoyance ability and clearly see or have rare skill to make spirits manifest themselves in a purely physical forms, even, why all these overwhelming preparations while one can go to meet with the being in its own habitat? Rather doing egoistic come to my plane psycho-drama.

Besides the evocation, take "sigils"; after preparation of a sigil, operator meditates etc. for hours to reach gnosis, but isn't the astral projection is a gnosis state, as some call it natural ecstasy? So one can fire a sigil effectively and easily on the astral plane right?

I think i am missing a point, i just could not understand, astral projection is roughly defined as "explorations" on the astral realm, you can go and fly around but in order to do magick turn back to the physical plane and do it in hard way, use 10x power to visualization for manifestation (actually it's goal is to creation of thought form in the astral plane, imho) rather than doing it deliberately and more powerful in astral?

I am not arguing the 'choice' of such individuals, a person can do both and may like the physical rituals most. My point is there are numerous information for evocation and other types of magical practices to operate on the physical plane, and fairly good amount of information for astral projection. But these two hardly merges. Even the goal of most physical rituals is to 'touch' the astral

Sorry, it was a long message, but was occupying my mind for a long time.