Thread: Stuck in paralysis

1. Stuck in paralysis

So far this week, I have experienced paralysis 3 times. Each time, I tried multiple techniques but was still blind and could not get out of my body! I felt cemented into my body.

The first time I couldn't get out, so I decided to focus on my third eye (since it's also one of the ways out). I ended up seeing imagery, but didn't manage to separate from my physical body.

The other 2 times, I could not exit my body nor could I see anything in or through my third eye chakra. I woke myself up because I basically felt useless in that state!

Does anyone know why I might have been able to see through my third eye in that state only 1 out of 3 times? What else can I try to get out of my physical body when nothing else seems to be working?

Blog Entries

Re: Stuck in paralysis

When you say 'paralysis', do you mean the trance state you get when you're going to sleep/trying to project, or do you mean 'go to sleep and wake up paralyzed?'
    Did you try an exit technique, such as rope, waterski method, finger corner method?
    And, you don't always 'see through your eyelids' all the time, it's the kind of thing that can happen, but it's not guaranteed to happen. There are many other symptoms that can happen too.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I use the roll out technique, just convince yourself your too close to the edge of the bed and may fall out!...then tell yourself "am I slipping off, oh god I am....Its a funny way out too lol...laugh my ass of everytime. Dont worry about your astral sight you will start to put the zap on your head and obsess over it. Wish I could get sleep paralysis that easily...hell its an easy conscious exit once you got that...with practice that is. Sounds to me like your doing great...keep at it. You may be having the same problem people have when trying to fly while obe....they just try to hard....which ofcourse imply's that there is a problem. Its just like asking a girl out...if you approach her with the "ahh I'll never get her to like me" attitude you probably wont. You gotta act like you obe EVERYDAY and can take it or leave it, who cares. Sweat'in the issue is the worst thing you can do. Tell yourself you OWN this stuff. goodluck
    I sent my soul through the Invisible. Some letter of that After-life to spell: And by and by my Soul returned to me and answered. "I Myself am Heaven and Hell." - Omar Kayyam

4. Re: Stuck in paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    When you say 'paralysis', do you mean the trance state you get when you're going to sleep/trying to project, or do you mean 'go to sleep and wake up paralyzed?'
    Did you try an exit technique, such as rope, waterski method, finger corner method?
    And, you don't always 'see through your eyelids' all the time, it's the kind of thing that can happen, but it's not guaranteed to happen. There are many other symptoms that can happen too.
    Hi CFTraveler,

I've been waking up 2-3 hours before my regular time and do some energy raising, followed by concentration meditating. Because my body is so ready to go back to sleep, I fall into a deep trance really quickly. I catch myself before my mind follows my body into sleep (thanks to meditation training that I do during the day). That's the state of paralysis I'm referring to. What's the difference between going to sleep and waking up paralyzed and the trance state? I thought it was the same thing.

I tried the rope method and the rolling method (rolling off the bed), however I haven't heard of the waterski method. I'll search the forum now, thank you.

I guess I would be able to see once I'm out (as opposed to through my eyelids)?

I was wondering why I could see movies playing in my third eye the first time that I was in this state and focusing on the ajna chakra, and not seeing anything the other times...I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how/why that works.

5. Re: Stuck in paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I use the roll out technique, just convince yourself your too close to the edge of the bed and may fall out!...then tell yourself "am I slipping off, oh god I am....Its a funny way out too lol...laugh my ass of everytime. Dont worry about your astral sight you will start to put the zap on your head and obsess over it. Wish I could get sleep paralysis that easily...hell its an easy conscious exit once you got that...with practice that is. Sounds to me like your doing great...keep at it. You may be having the same problem people have when trying to fly while obe....they just try to hard....which ofcourse imply's that there is a problem. Its just like asking a girl out...if you approach her with the "ahh I'll never get her to like me" attitude you probably wont. You gotta act like you obe EVERYDAY and can take it or leave it, who cares. Sweat'in the issue is the worst thing you can do. Tell yourself you OWN this stuff. goodluck
    haha Osiris that's funny! I've been trying to roll out technique to no avail this week. I see the point that you are trying to make thoigh and it makes sense. Thank you for the advice, I'll try out the internal dialogue!

Blog Entries

What's the difference between going to sleep and waking up paralyzed and the trance state? I thought it was the same thing.
    No, they're different states. When you're 'going in' you don't actually become completely paralyzed in the same way as true sleep paralysis- your cutaneous senses are turned "off" in the 'falling asleep' process; they seem to be the first senses to go as you're going under. Your hearing is probably the next, at least in some cases, and consciousness, if properly anchored by the trance/whatever activities we do (energy raising, visualizations, etc.). So it seems you're paralyzed (ever tried to use a limb that's asleep? Rubber) but the paralysis chemicals haven't been sent out to your limbs, so there is a chance to move if necessary, to swallow, or you can even open your eyes (but it's not a good idea). In this state you're effectively awake and lucid, and it's easier to negotiate an exit, to make decisions as to what to do to get out and what to do when you get out. True sleep paralysis is a whole different animal- when you get out of deep sleep and go into REM sleep your body sends out paralyzing hormones to your limbs to protect you from sleepwalking and other things, and if you wake up in the middle of the REM cycle, you are stuck with the dream apparatus still 'on', projecting images in front of your eyes, and often not lucid. This often sets up a state of visceral fear that is not based on reasoning, and even if you manage to keep your marbles and try to do an exit attempt, (choking down the fear, which I suspect is biological, and not mental) and succeed (as I have done before) the projection might not last, because it's done in the last stage of the REM cycle, and this is the natural part of the cycle that you're used to wake up from- so the experience will be half lucid, possibly fearful, and short. I do reommend getting up early as you do to project, but don't let yourself fall asleep for long, because it will change the nature of the experience.

I was wondering why I could see movies playing in my third eye the first time that I was in this state and focusing on the ajna chakra, and not seeing anything the other times...I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how/why that works.
    I am not sure how it works either, all I know is that when I get vision screens (technically hypnagogia) the exit I get is not an exit to the RTZ, but a 'melding' into a dreamstate (the astral) that gets me directly into the astral plane with no visit to the RTZ. I believe it may have to do with the chakra that is being activated. I think visits to the RTZ are probably mediated by the heart chakra and direct exits to the astral (as in, phasing) are mediated by the third eye chakra. Or at least in my experience.

7. Re: Stuck in paralysis

Oh wow CFTraveler, that does explain a lot! Thank you so much for taking the time to give me such a detailed reply. I have experienced all the different scenarios you referred to, so putting them into perspective this way just makes a lot of sense. Really appreciate it! I'll refer back to this thread many times for sure.

Blog Entries