Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I want to become a healer!

boris Guest
    thank you all very much, ill get reading.

star Guest
    "People in this culture, particularly women, have been so fully trained not to express their feelings that opening up a strong emotion can be very frightening."
    That reminds me of a time I was sending distance healing using Reiki. The woman stopped responding (We were in a chat room)

The next thing she typed was how grateful she was for the help getting over some emotional issues. and that she was crying.

Rhone Guest
    After purchasing it last weekend and reading through all of it over the week, I'm going to throw in Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems by Stephen Co and Eric B. Robins as a book I would highly recommend. Pranic Healing has a lot more techniques to practice and probably takes longer to master, but it looks to be worth it. The book discusses far more than just energy manipulation, but the energy manipulation sections are pretty comprehensive.

The book teaches how to "scan" an aura with your hands to detect areas that need healing. There is a very heavy focus on "sweeping" negative energy away and neutralizing it, with "energizing" techniques being used only to fill in areas of the aura that are depleted (energizing beyond that is considered dangerous, as it could cause blockages and congestion). Also there is instruction on the use of different colored prana for sweeping and energizing.

I saw the Barbara Ann Brennan books Violetsky recommends, and they too look quite comprehensive and packed with information (and great colored illustrations of auras under various conditions). Unfortunately I'm on a limited budget and Ms. Brennan's books aren't cheap, so I'm going to have to save buying them for another day.

violetsky Guest
    Dear Rhone,

Please try interlibrary loan. When your library does not have the book the librarian can borrow it from another library for you. The paperwork is a one pager and easy. It can save money, if you do not want a book as a reference, just to read once. Of course having this book for reference is nice but copyright does allow at least a few key pages i.e. diagrams to be photocopied. It can be a stop gap until the book can be purchased.

Hugs and Best Wishes to All,
    violetsky