Every once in a while you'll come across ideas that trigger feelings that tell you "that's absolutely right" even when that idea is impossible to verify. I suppose it's like being unaware in a dream until something catches your attention and snaps you out of your unconscious stupor, giving you a greater level of compassion and awareness, as well as the knowledge/power to do greater things in the dream. If you consider being a person the dream while "consciousness/awareness" is what existed before the dream, this metaphor works. There's far more to it than that though, so it's not even close to a complete metaphor.

Any idea, including those found in video games, have the potential to launch people into some degrees of spiritual awakening. It's ultimately, however, a choice of the individual how far they want to go with the knowledge. Intentions are the most important part of knowing other people, and if their intentions are not aligned towards furthering self-discovery, they're not going to change their minds or perhaps even notice profound insights when they present themselves. I can't claim to know these things though so don't take my word on it.
I have to agree fully with this. I get those profound moments of "knowing" a lot . Even the second part I'd say you nailed spot on man. At least that's how I feel too