Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stuck in an Astral vortex?!?...

Blog Entries

Unhappy Stuck in an Astral vortex?!?...

Hey everyone. This afternoon I projected for only the second time ever (second time consciously, anyway --- see my other thread!) and something really weird happened to me:

When I first left my body, I couldn't see. Which was fine, as I had read about others not being able to see when too close to their bodies, so I instinctively tried to move away from my body but then I realized that I was being pulled around in a circle in my room... Wildly. Like, as I was being pulled in this circle, I could feel every astral part of me flailing about unintentionally and spinning virtically occasionally as well! I slowly started spinning faster and faster and when I eventually got my sight back after trying to open my eyes (which only opened my physical eyes), I was seeing in like... Bugs vision. It was like a fragmented fly's vision with sections of my view stuck in diamond-shaped frames, but that quickly went away and I was "astrally seeing" just fine then. I was spinning and turning so fast that everything was kind of funny but I did notice that I was going around in a circle of about 10 feet in diameter. I tried calling out for help but no one came, so I just thought about going back to my body... Which I did, but then instead of waking up my astral body got yanked out again and started circling the couch like before (where I was sleeping). It was the strangest feeling ever, being pulled around in an invisible tornado and simply going through everything PHYSICAL in the room. I thought I saw some kind of creature in the corner, a small black and semi-invisible tiny person-shaped thing about 1.5 to 2 feet tall, but I'm not sure if it was actually there or if I projected it because I was sort of expecting someone to be "controlling" this crazy vortex and doing this to me. Eventually (after freaking out) I got slung back to my body and awakened with a jolt.

SO: WHAT THE HECK WAS THIS?!? Did -I- create this vortex, was I doing it to myself? Or was this something someone else was doing or an uncontrollable astral force? It scared the poopies out of me when I couldnt stop myself from spinning (I tried MANY TIMES, to no avail).

Anyone else ever ever experienced anything EVEN REMOTELY LIKE THIS? It was like my couch turned into a portal. I should also mention that before this I was doing energy work techniques from one of Roberts books, fell asleep, had a (semi-normal) dream and then projected when the dream ended, which I was surprised that it worked because I've been trying for months with no success and then THIS happens.

Thanks so much in advance for any and all help/advice )))

xoxo
    Enigma
    Last edited by Enigma; 25th March 2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Forgot a sentence...

Re: Stuck in an Astral vortex?!?...

Yes - I've been pulled in a circle fairly often by something invisible - only once was it out of control like that - It was like a was sucked into a whirlwind. When it was a more gentle circle I attributed it to a guide or higher self creating a sacred circle for me - teaching - in the astral. The whirlwind I attributed to a particular kind of sephirothic energy. Thats my filter tho.

Blog Entries

Interesting.... When it happened to me I didn't feel it was particularly heart-warming or helpful. It felt like someone was trying to frighten me, which is very disconcerting.... I really hope it's the case of what you've described, but how can I be certain? I'm gonna try to project again this evening and ask for my guides to see if anything happens. Thanks for your input btw

Normally astral vortexs are doorways to the astral plane. Try to enter it. If it was just a spinning action itself i guess it was just cause because you not yet used to move out of body

Blog Entries

This is only a guess, but I have had this experience a couple of times. There are two possibilities, but I'm going to go with astral wind.

It has happened (and Robert talks about this) that in any projector's life that something odd happens. It happened to me when I was 'virtually' new. You've projected and are happily flying about when suddenly you feel like you're in the middle of a hurricane. This wind picks you up and you either wake up after, or end up being deposited in an astral plane. I've had the 'simple' kind, where I'm caught in the wind and end up either waking up or being in an environment without waking up, or ending up in a very alien looking environment. Robert reports having the same experience and ending up in a place where he was shown the future in symbolic form. Obviously this may show a different development (him being more developed, me not knowing what's what.)

And there's another possible explanation, also happened to me. This is a little different.

I wake up paralyzed and immediately feel 'someone' or 'something' in my room. I realize it's my own expanded energy, a half-projection which began while I was sleeping and wake up without having disengaged from my physical body. I go towards the manifestation and find myself quickly and violently reintegrated, flying uncontrollably and quiclkly around the room, and wake up quickly afterwards. This is scarier than the astral wind, which is more like fun.
    Take your pick, see which one makes more sense for you.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 26th March 2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Paragraphs
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Woah, CFT. The second one sounds like a nightmare @__@@@.... I think the first one makes the most sense, to -me-, for what happened. But WHY was my couch, where I was sleeping, the center/eye of the vortex? I just don't understand. As soon as I left my body it pulled me along and I circled the couch for a while before realizing I couldn't get out D:.

EDIT: I should also add that I told it to STOP several times, thinking that it was a manifestation of my own doing. But of course, nothing happened. So maybe it was just some conveniently-placed astral wind... @_@

Hello Enigma
    Although I have never personally encountered an astral vortex I have encountered Very strong winds while out of body. Those winds were so strong that it caused the obe to prematurely end.
    Also I have read other peoples obe accounts of encounters with astral vertices (plural of vortex). The vortex in your room may well have been responsible for pulling you out of body in the first place!

Regards
    Grey

Blog Entries

Thanks for responding GT. Although the vortex was incredibly strong, where I was sleeping was the "eye" or centre of it and it was 100% still in the middle. I had to try fairly hard to get out of my body, as I was trying a new technique, and said technique has worked the last 3 times when I tried, despite the last two not having the vortex involved... And they felt exactly the same as I left my body. So, no, I don't believe it was the vortex that got me out-of-body. I'm fairly certain of this. (I didn't even know it was there until I moved about 3-4 feet UP and 1-2 feet over from my body when I started getting pulled around. I've noticed that the original flipping I was doing is just the way I exit - I've "flipped" backwards out of my body each time since then in the same manner, even without the vortex. Also, the vortex was invisible... Heh.)

I would still very much like to know WHY -I- (& the couch) was the centre of the vortex.... Like it was emanating from my stomach or chest.

But thanks for the response again )

Blog Entries

I have actually seen vortexes coming out of my chest area (at the pre-exit state) but they were tiny. It was a dramatic exit into a tunnel. So now you've connected those two things in my head.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Curious. I'm wondering whether or not it's related to one of my chest/stomach area chakras opening or taking in energy for the exit?

I've projected a few more times since then and it hasn't happened again though.
    Last edited by Enigma; 30th March 2015 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling!