Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trance experience and questions

Trance experience and questions

Hi there! First off, glad to be a part of the forums. Yay first post and thread! I've been stalking the forums on and off for awhile now and finally decided to create an account. I've seen a lot of helpful people around here and it looks like a great resource/community to be a part of.

I've recently finished reading Robert's original (10th anniversary relaunch) of Astral Dynamics. Fantastic book. I've really spent time highlighting, digesting, and rereading it thoroughly.

I've been practicing energy work for quite awhile now, with trance and physical relaxation being a bit more recent. I feel fairly proficient at all three, considering the time I've spent on them. But my interest and curiosity lately has been on the trance states in particular. Having tried it quite a few times, I've been having very similar experiences and need help deciphering where I'm at with everything, and what are some things I can do next to continue developing the skill. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

So a typical practice session with trance in mind generally looks like this (full length about 30ish minutes, give or take 10 mins):
    -10 deep breaths
    -physical relaxation routine
    -10 more deep relaxing breaths
    -chat to my guides asking for help on a particular goal
    -mental box technique (clears out all the chatter for me)
    *by now I'm about 5 mins in, very relaxed and focused*
    -prestimulation and energy bounce for 10 mins or so until I feel my energy body a bit more actively (moving energy tends to be my weaker area)
    -use a falling technique to enter trance
    -when in trance to a bit of energy storing before coming out and finishing.

All in all, fairly solid I feel. I definitely plan on increasing and changing things up as I continue to grow. Where I get confused is, I have no idea which of the three trance states I'm getting at and what I can do to move deeper into trance. If I had to guess, I'd say I hit a solid light trance, but never quite a full trance. Certainly not a deep trance, as defined in Robert's book.

Here's what I usually feel when I start my falling technique mentioned earlier:
    -Once I start up the falling sensation, my body starts to lightly tingle/buzz. I have to really focus on the falling sensation and not get distracted by the tingling or else it stops. If I continue to fall, the tingling increases quite dramatically and feels like it's "building up."
    -After about 35 secs of serious falling and tingles, it feels like I can't fall anymore and the tingling ceases and turns into a light heaviness. Not any sort of heaviness that would prevent me from moving, it just makes me feel like I'd rather NOT move. I feel pretty relaxed, not tensed, and stress free here. I can swallow if I need to, think normally, and focus on things without anything changing. My mind feels pretty awake, but centered, clear, and "tamed." This place almost feels like an advanced physically relaxed place.
    -If I continue to stay here and do some energy work or let the heaviness and relaxation continue by resisting the urge to move a bit (I find if I focus on it dramatically I can generate a feeling of mild claustrophobia, surpassingly since I'm not claustrophobic at all) my mind will relax more and more, along with my body.
    -As this relaxation continues, my mind feels like it wants to start wandering, much like it would before bed, which is usually what happens before I nod off asleep at night. But if I hold my attention on a thought, energy work, relaxation, or whatever, my mind and body will continue to feel heavier and heavier as the desire to drift increases...
    -At some point (no idea how long as I'm not very aware of time), my mind goes from feeling sluggish to mentally awake. It almost feels like it snaps back to a sharper mental state. Not full of thoughts, it's actually very still, but does feel more similar to being awake in comparison to the previous stage, where I felt more similar to falling asleep. I usually have to keep from opening my eyes and looking around. I feel completely rejuvenated as if I had a very very refreshing nap, almost like my whole body was healed and my energy levels completely restored. My body feels heavier than it has before, but not so heavy I couldn't move if I wanted to. It's like I know I have the mental strength to sit up and move should I choose to. But the oddest thing is that I suddenly feel very warm and flushed, particularly in my face. I know I don't have too many blankets on, and the room is cooled. It just feels like I'm running a low grade fever.
    -Throughout this process I might get some mild hypnagogic colors, but I don't really pay attention to them, so I'm not sure if I actually do or not. It just seems like that space is different that it is if you close your eyes and are relaxed.
    -I always feel a falling sensation if I am trying to find trance or if I'm relaxing myself with breathing techniques, but other than that I don't seem to notice any falling sensations, just that snap back awareness that happens mentally while my body stays heavy and relaxed.

I do notice that after practicing, my energy levels stay restored, my face remains flushed for awhile, I feel calmer and at ease, and overall more balanced as a person physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Again, if anyone can help me identify where I'm at on the trance spectrum and what else I can do to move closer to getting the full trance state for further OBE progress, I'd be very grateful.

Re: Trance experience and questions

So first of all welcome to the forum.

To ur question i find it that u are quite naturally talentet if u can fall in trance so easy as u do. I guess u are between a light and medium trance. All the feelings and sensations are quite normal for that level.
    Try to make the deep breathing a littel bit more longer. For me one breath takes 40 secs to 1 min so 10 breaths would be already more than 5 mins. But ofcourse i need some time to slow down my breath to that state but it also slows my thoughts and hesrt beat and makesntrance automatically deeper.

the when ure in trance try somenenergy body loosingntechniques or exit techniques which makenur trance also deeper.
    Try also energy center work. That kicks me always in a deep trance straight away.
    Try also forced falling asleep u just try to fall asleep but hold urself on the edge that deepwns the trance.

Wish u all the best

Thanks for the response WhiteMonkey.

I haven't tried primary center stimulation yet as I'm taking it real slow and am only at basic energy raising right now. I'll definitely try giving that a go then while in a trance. Any signs I should look out for to know when I hit a deeper trance?

Also, where did you find techniques for energy body loosening?

Blog Entries

There is a stickied thread in the OBE R & D Subforum that features those, if you were looking for some.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Hey

to find the Loosening techniques look your Astral Dynamics book in the Chapter 19. Projection Techniques and there is a point Projectable Body Loosening. In my book its page 216 but I'm not sure if you have the same edition so look fo the chapter.

As you go deeper as farther you go I would say you can become bigger or smaller. Sometimes you will feel like your huge but at the same time so far away from everything and sometimes you feel your so small but so close. If you go to really deep trance sometimes it feels like your somewhere else, faaaaaar away or soooo close. It sounds funny to write it like this but its not so easy to describe. Sometimes I'm in a place where everything is white and so peacful. Its just bliss I would say...

Here is one of my experiences and techniques for deep trance: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...-energy-tunnel

I should describe forced falling asleep better I guess. When I do it it feels like im falling head downwards off a cliff and i go deeper and deeper into trance and hold the border to awakness just with my fingers. It feels like that then when u are soo deep you can just floating in this state. But in the beginning you will think YES im there and go out of it again. The same thing can happen with extreme conzentration where u also drifft of. Your brain feels like straining and then you just fall in the deep soft area of deep trance.

Wish you all the best

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    There is a stickied thread in the OBE R & D Subforum that features those, if you were looking for some.
    Great, I'll check that out CFTraveler, thanks. I've seen that you have a lot of experience with trance and stuff, if you get a chance, I'd love to hear your opinion on where I'm at too.

Edit: Just saw your other post WhiteMonkey, thanks for all the info and help! I'll keep playing with things and see how they work out. Do you find the energy work takes too much concentration to be able to reach a deep trance? Or does it help deepen the trance further?
    Last edited by Vega; 25th April 2015 at 02:30 AM.

Hey guys, just wanted to report back again. I had a chance to try going deeper into trance today and I had a weird experience that made me think of a few questions.

I've found that at the level of trance I hit today, which is nearly the same as the above experience I had, it's very difficult to do energy work, loosening techniques, or any kind of body awareness. It feels like my mind is awake and stuck inside of my body, which is completely out cold. Though, it doesn't feel like my mind is small inside my body, it does feel expanded beyond my body in a light and airy sort of way. It just feels stuck when trying to do any energy based techniques because my body seems so separate. Visualization is easy, but the tactical awareness part is difficult. Also I have to swallow a lot, and my ears tend to clear as if pressure has built up.

Is is this all normal for trance? Am I going too far down at all? I seem to have better energy related results (like bouncing, storing, sponging, etc.) when I'm more awake.

Any help would be appreciated so I know where to continue from here. I always feels like a I get to this place and then get stuck because energy stuff gets more difficult.

Blog Entries

This is a little off the wall (I'm like that sometimes ), but try giving yourself permission to do the things you're having trouble doing.

This is a technique I have known about but used far, far too infrequently, and lately I've been using it a lot with very good success. (In my case, it's not to do with trance or projection, but the principle is exactly the same.) When you get into a light trance, gently talk to yourself, imagine an inner child or something (whatever works for you; I tend to speak to my inner child or my inner teenager, depending on the situation), or just speak to yourself as if you're looking in a mirror. Whatever works, like I said.

Anyway, gently but firmly give yourself complete permission to do X or for Y to happen. Address any feelings that come up (for example, if you feel afraid, address that with something like, "I understand that you're somewhat afraid of this, and that's okay. I acknowledge it, and it's all right to feel it. But it's okay to let it go now. Fear isn't going to help, so you can release it.") Whatever comes up, if anything, just acknowledge and address it and move on. If no particular emotion or thought comes up, that's fine, too, just work on making sure you're giving and acknowledging permission. (When we grow up, we get a LOT of negative "don't do this" "you can't do that" messages, and most of them get completely internalised. You never know what's going to be the thing that's creating a stumbling block, really.)

Again, this is very much a matter of finding what sort of self-talk works for YOU. The goal is to just release fear, limiting beliefs (including disbelief), and other random stuff that could be holding you back. It doesn't have to be a big session or anything, and you'll probably need to repeat it however many times it takes, but it's definitely worth a try.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Hey

Wow this is a really cool methode u just posted butterfly. I would even start a own thread with that. I will try it out today. It ia kind of self hypnosis combined with self terapy. Interesting this should be in every book about how to overcome fear and blocks.

To your question vega. Yes that kind of trance is very deep and relaxing you want feel ur body anymore and itsnhard to work on your body. I think in a trqnce that deep your energy is flowing already very strong doesn't need to be manipulated to much. Try the exit techniques straight away. Another methode is try to become a tornado of energynsince u have no form u can befome anything. As tornado uncan such energy from the bottom and pull it to your head and above. This seems to work most of the time.
    Another thingnuncan try is to feel ur subtle body and work on him. The sensations wont be strong but in time u will get the heng of it.

Can u get in that deep trance every time u practise?

Wish u all the best
    David

Yea thanks for the tips Butterfly. I'm definitely going to give that a go and see how it helps over time. It sounds like that could be something that would be influencing me in some way, wether now or later down the road! Either way, I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

And WhiteMonkey, I'll try that tornado method too. I have a hard time thinking I'm in deep trance, because it came so quickly (I feel like I need to work for everything lol) but when I'm there, thinking about the energy is much easier than trying to manipulate it. So I think the tornado thing might change it up enough to get something going for me. Generally, when I practice I'm in more of a state to hit trance so I do. Haven't tried it at a time where I didn't think I could hit it!