Thread: Turtle / Tortoise Shell Dream

Turtle / Tortoise Shell Dream

Hello everybody

I was wondering if someone could please help me shed light on this dream.
    I always pay extra attention to dreams concerning the ocean and its inhabitants as they always seem to be important spiritual messages or advice for me.
    I was swimming underwater with my partner in a crystal clear ocean and came across a huge rock. Embedded in the rock were three beautiful, quite large shells with geometric patterns. I was touching them and showing my partner what I had discovered and we realised they were turtle/tortoise shells. I knew the shells weren't empty but wondered why the turtles/tortoises were stuck into the rock and felt disappointed because I couldn't see them. I then saw my partner over at another rock where there was an even larger shell stuck into the rock and he was pulling and wrenching it away from the rock with all his strength and as it came away the very large turtle/tortoise became unstuck and gracefully swam by us and we got to enjoy its beauty.

I would really appreciate any interpretations
    What you love you empower. What you fear you empower. What you empower you attract.

Re: Turtle / Tortoise Shell Dream

Quote Originally Posted by NightWalker View Post
    Hello everybody

I always pay extra attention to dreams concerning the ocean and its inhabitants as they always seem to be important spiritual messages or advice for me.
    I was swimming underwater with my partner in a crystal clear ocean and came across a huge rock. Embedded in the rock were three beautiful, quite large shells with geometric patterns. I was touching them and showing my partner what I had discovered and we realised they were turtle/tortoise shells. I knew the shells weren't empty but wondered why the turtles/tortoises were stuck into the rock and felt disappointed because I couldn't see them. I then saw my partner over at another rock where there was an even larger shell stuck into the rock and he was pulling and wrenching it away from the rock with all his strength and as it came away the very large turtle/tortoise became unstuck and gracefully swam by us and we got to enjoy its beauty.

Partner=HigherSelf
    You did not understand the symbolism by yourself, that you have to relese some emotions what seams to be jammed and needs somekind of help or guidance with, or that this is the time to let go.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

What an interesting dream!

My thoughts on this go to the saying about "coming out of your shell" or similar, the idea that a shell is a kind of hiding place. That the creatures were actually stuck and all you could see was the shell seems significant. That your partner actually freed the creature to allow you to see it also seems significant. To me, it's about hiding, or feeling that something beautiful (and alive) is trapped and needs to be set free.

But, well, your dream, your symbols. I could be totally wrong.

(If this was my dream, it would be about being responsible for other living creatures and the water would symbolise rebirth, or sometimes overcoming adverse environments, particularly if I can breathe under the water. I offer this only to show how individualised dream symbols are. )
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NightWalker View Post
    Hello everybody

Hello Nightwalker (i do like that name )

I found this page which i thought was quite interesting - Animal Symbolism : Meaning of the turtle

Animal Symbolism of the Turtle

• Order
    • Creation
    • Patience
    • Strength
    • Stability
    • Longevity
    • Innocence
    • Endurance
    • Protection

Turtles share an association with water, which lends meanings of motion, intuition and emotion to the myriad of more symbolic meanings of the turtle.

Ps. i really like your avatar pic. & the matching colour of your signature. i also read through your signature quite a few times before i could understand it & find context for it within my own experiences, but i did, .....very interesting ~ Thankyou
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Thank you so much everyone for your help!
    I am just about to embark on a new venture and I am sooo scared. I have deep rooted fear of failure.
    I think maybe the dream was showing me that I should stop fretting and holding back and just be brave and fearless (like my partner was in my dream and he is in real life)
    I think it was showing me to use his example of how to handle my situation as he didn't even think twice...he just did it! My dream means 'JUST DO IT! Stop dilly dallying, you will never see the beauty or find your hidden treasure if you live with fear and indecision.
    What you love you empower. What you fear you empower. What you empower you attract.

Blog Entries

Yay, I'm glad you got it worked out!
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.