Hi Energize , just want to say reading your posts and questions I can feel the excitement you are feeling. It comes through in your writing. This reminds me of when I first started out and infact I don't think the excitement has left me. Guessing here but I think many reading this would say the same.
Those people who may wonder WHY waste time following this? You've already answered the question.
It has helped you in many ways.
You could ask someone. Why fly kites? why birdwatch? why collect stamps, why study ancient history when it's all in the past?
They will all have an excitement that you don't feel and maybe wonder what the heck there talking about. Crazy people.
So you have found this door that is open to walk through and explore. I think we should never stop asking questions, trying to find answers, admitting to getting it wrong along the way and always keeping an open mind to every possability.
I think none of us will ever know for sure of anything until we pass but we can for sure have a great adventure trying to find out.
What other HOBBY could provide you with
Curiosity
Fear
Hunger for more
Surprise
Dis-belief
Excitement
Obsession
Maybe dissapointment
Maybe imbalance
The list goes on.