I wanted to share a couple of interesting concepts in Jane Roberts/Seth's book "The Unknown Reality, Volume 1", regarding consciousness, and time.

The first, regarding time - in which Seth uses the example of a flower growing from a bulb to a full flower, over 'time':

"All consciousness, in all of its forms, exists at once. It is difficult, without appearing to contradict myself, to explain. Go back to your bulb and flower. In basic terms they exist at once. In your terms, however, it is as if the flower-to-be, from its "future" calls back to the bulb and tells it how to make the flower. Memory operates backward and forward in time. The flower - calling back to the bulb, urging it "ahead" and reminding it of its (probable future) development - is like a future self in your terms, or a more highly advanced self, who has the answers and can indeed be quite practically relied upon."
Nice!

Balanced between 'past' and 'future' influences:

"...your limited ideas of time cause conceptual barriers that operate even when you consider the structure of physical biological life.
For example: it is truer to say that heredity operates from the future backward into the past, than it is to say that it operates from the past into the present. Neither statement would be precisely correct in any case, because your present is a poised balance affected as much by the probable future as the probable past."

Seth has spoken several times (in other Jane Roberts books as well) about the nature of material and consciousness itself, blinking on and off like a strobe - or a 'motion picture' movie.

"At no time, as a rule, is your body not here to you. Your experience seems centred within it, with the rest of the world safely outside. However, the particular selectivity of your kind of consciousness rides over lapses that you do not recognize. In a manner of speaking, your bodies blink off and on like lights. Their reality fluctuates, from your standpoint. For that matter, so does the physical universe."

"Now the same applies to these units of consciousness - and to atoms, molecules, electrons, and other such phenomena. The world literally blinks off and on. This reality of fluctuation in no way bothers your own feeling of consistency, however. The "holes of nonexistence" are plugged up by the process of selectivity. This process chooses significances then, again, around which experience is built, and around which "life" is felt. The very sensations of one kind of life then automatically set up barriers against other such "world-schemes" that do not correlate with their own.

I get the impression, that to a certain degree, this is potentially how dimensions operate, each with its own flavour of universal laws that tend to keep things operating in that particular sphere, to the exclusion of others.

Although I sometimes struggle to understand how all these concepts work and what practical benefit there may be from such knowledge, I do find myself quietly pondering them. It occurred to me that it has resulted in some quite Zen-like meditation moments as I make my way through the book. I'll pause reading and consider the idea with quiet focus.

Everyone's heard of the old Zen sayings like "one hand clapping" to get into a meditative state. But what about 'memory' of the future! Or what happens in the moments when atoms (or consciousness) blinks off. Now THERE'S some great meditation material.