Thread: Seeking greater understanding of the Big Picture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Seeking greater understanding of the Big Picture

Yeah, the issue of condemnation vs. forgiveness is a tough one, living on Earth.

If all personalities are 'chunks' of fellow souls, then ultimately everyone's greater self is above all this 'earthly stuff'.
    In "A Course in Miracles", the message is basically that all the 'bad stuff' has no enduring reality in the greater reality. Only one passage of that massive book has stayed with me. It went something like "do not worry about forgiveness, for that has already been achieved". Wow. It made me melt! So matter-of-fact. Don't worry son, it's already done. Freedom from debilitating self-condemnation. Even now it makes my hair stand on end (like my avatar pic haha!)

For most personalities, I think the main result of a life full of mistakes is that we feel deep regret (at least after incarnation...if not during life), because we haven't expressed our true selves, and done damage. This regret makes up quite a large portion of 'past lives' uncovered during deep hypnotherapy. It is also probably largely responsible for many dark astral experiences, and inexplicable neurosis in people (a faint unconscious memory of a 'past' life).

One of the most telling stories I read about was the story of a Nazi SS officer who tormented people (I think it was in a camp). He found himself in a dark astral state after death because of his state of mind and fixed beliefs. But most importantly, a woman who had died in the same camp was so filled with hate for him, she also found herself in a similar predicament. In the account, both personalities (both the aggressor AND the victim) needed to be retrieved from their 'self imposed' exile, and given healing and recuperation.

If we do all indeed live thousands of lives, then it stands to reason that many of them would be 'clunkers'. I've read accounts of souls actually choosing to be born in difficult circumstances to experience certain things. That kind of life could go either way. A young kid born into a poverty striken neighbourhood and abusive family could end up as a merciless killer in a gang, or join the airforce or something and become a hero to and inspiration to everyone around him. Stories like this are all around us in daily life.

There was a time I felt contempt and anger towards people and society when I was younger and in a dark state of mind. With self education (and probably some help from beyond!) I was able to drag myself out of self destruction. Much later, becoming a father also made me feel kinder to my fellow peeps. The raw emotion and vulnerability of a child is not so different from the condition of adults. That helped strengthen my forgiveness towards others.

Finally, I have come to the conclusion that the only way to heal the world was to heal myself...to gain insight, wisdom and awareness. I'm always on the lookout to help others in a practical way when it crosses my path, but I also avoid getting sucked into some personalities that want to bask in people's sympathy, or that have lives totally filled with negative drama. That can be a bottomless pit.

I will also say that sometimes even a smile and friendly greeting can change someone's day...or life. I have been on the receiving end of such small unexpected communications, and it has often made my day and changed my outlook, and some have even stuck with me for the rest of my life. One that I remember was pulling into a gas station as a young man (late teens I think). Feeling bad about myself, the world, and everything. The owner came out and had a conversation with me. Nothing much, pretty everyday stuff. But I got the strong feeling of total natural acceptance from this gentleman. He also called me "champ". It was a genuine and much needed boost to me, and I doubt he knew what a strengthening effect he had on me that day. I drove away feeling all right with myself and the world again. Never forgotten it.
    Last edited by Energize; 27th May 2015 at 05:03 AM.