Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How many universes are there?

Re: How many universes are there?

Quote Originally Posted by greytraveller View Post
    CFT, you wrote
    "I'd like for wstein to describe the four universes, if you're ok with this, W."

Great idea ! I second the motion.
    I thought I covered that in post #12 (on page 2 of this thread). If you want more than that, ask more questions.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

...I'm sorry but I don't wish to have any stalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by wstein View Post
    This is not the case. First it is based on 'observations' not 'decisions'. An 'observation' is basically just any quantum interaction between fundamental particles. The classic is a photon encounters a half mirrored surface. Second ALL possible outcomes (resultant quantum states) occur. As most particles are actually a spectrum of states, the split is multi-way, not binary in nature. As per the photon and the half mirror, it may initially seem that there are only two outcomes, reflection or refractive bend. However there is the possibility that the photon is absorbed by the atoms in the mirror. Additionally there are these particles popping in and out of the quantum foam that affect actual particles. Part of the quantum mechanics necessitates that you account for these temporary particles even though they are in a sense virtual and not real.

AAH...yes yes.. Hmm...I see, so that's how it is....I understand nothing.

I'm sorry but being not a very smart person myself, knowing next to nothing about what is described here and English being my second language....this is kind of impossible to understand...can you explain this in a dumb person friendly way please?
    What is a "Signature"? Oooh I see now...

...I'm sorry but I don't wish to have any stalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by greytraveller View Post
    The Multi Worlds Interpretation (MWI) of quantum physics posits that the universe splits into two exact copies every time a decision is made. I find this theory Much too cumbersome and unnecessarily complex.
    I agree with this....this theory always had something off about it. It's sounds simple it first...but then it becomes...messy. If there's something I know about nature and the world...is that it is NOT messy.
    What is a "Signature"? Oooh I see now...

4. Re: How many universes are there?

Why bother with alternate RTZ? Just go visit those parallel universes. Meet yourself, have a talk.
    how does one do that?

Quote Originally Posted by MooSaysTheCat View Post
    I'm sorry but being not a very smart person myself, knowing next to nothing about what is described here and English being my second language....this is kind of impossible to understand...can you explain this in a dumb person friendly way please?
    Can't dumb it all the way down. Truthfully, no one alive today understands Quantum mechanics in full. In fact, though its put forth like its a theory, it actually a description based on observations. It works well in predicting outcomes but does not explain what is happening. Some of the smartest people in the world are using the biggest equipment ever built, and they still haven't figured it out. SO, don't feel like this reflects badly on your 'smarts'.

I will try to explain the basics. In the classical world (the one you know) things have a definite parameters (in terms of frequency, position, energy, momentum, etc). When things meet, some singular result happens (though you may not know what that is).

In the quantum world the everything is probabilistic. First particles (includes light) are actually a spread of possibilities (in terms of frequency, position, energy, momentum, etc). The possibilities are similar to the conventional ones you expect however, its all of them not a particular one. When these spreads of possibilities called particles meet, the result a new spread of possibilities.

So a more tangible analogy. The classical way of looking at things is like tossing two balls at each other. They either pass near each other continuing on their way or they collide and bounce of at an angle. There is a clear outcome to this event. The quantum view is more like throwing two buckets of water at each other. Water goes all over the place, some continues on, some bounces of at angles. If the original trajectories of the water are more or less a head on collision, more of the water will bounce off at angles. If the water is not well aimed, more of it will continue along its original trajectories. Some always passes by and some always bounces off. This happens regardless of the original trajectory of the water, even if the water tossed in opposite directions away from each other. Based on the original vector of each bucket of water, quantum mechanics can very accurately predict how much will pass through and how much will bounce in various directions.

The more accepted interpretation is that in the quantum view, 'things' are actually more like waves than particles. They bounce, refract, and pass through each other all the time, no big deal. Think ripples on the surface of a lake. The up and coming interpretation is that particles are real things but there is not one copy of everything, there are lots in parallel worlds. In each world 'that' particle is in a slightly different situation. When two particles meet, there are actually a vast number of very similar particles all meeting in nearly (not not exactly) the same way. As each is slightly different, the outcomes are slightly different. So in sense, 'that' particle meets another in all possible ways. The multiworlds interpretation is that actually each particle meets in a singular specific way but it has many twins that simultaneously meet in slightly different ways.

Its all counter intuitive. Either way, quantum mechanics suggest something that defies experience. Did one thing do multiple things at once or are there vast quantities of parallel worlds doing almost but not exactly the same thing at each instant?

Don't know if you are more or less confused at this point. Perhaps this will all be cleared up when the theory is complete. Right now all we have is a bunch of experiments that clearly show something really odd is happening at the smallest scale. Quantum mechanics is one explanation and possibly not the right one. All we know for sure is that its equations have allowed us to build all sorts of high tech devices (includes computers).

Why bother with alternate RTZ? Just go visit those parallel universes. Meet yourself, have a talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ereus View Post
    how does one do that?
    First you need to learn to get out fo the RTZ and go to other planes/dimensions. The most well known and easiest to reach are the 'astral planes'. There are many techniques like flying, teleporting, getting a guide, or setting your intended destination before you leave body. It really all comes down to intent. When you are out of body, you move with your intent. As such, any way you can envision moving can work. Pretty much only fear can stop you. The other thing that come up sometimes is that you don't have enough energy to stay out of body before reaching your destination. You can get started on that right here with Robert Bruce's work on the subject (Astral Dynamics) to learn about each of these travel techniques. His 'NEW' method covers how to raise more energy. Books, videos, and seminars are available depending on your preference.

[advanced] once you get out of body, you can pretty much go anywhere you want. The tricky part is if you don't know exactly where or what you want to see, how do you specify it? What works for me is to specify what you want to see/do. So in this case, indicate that you wish to visit one of parallel selves that is a female version of your current self. If there are any, it should be possible to meet one.

[very advanced] other types of destinations are possible, including time travel, being outside time, being outside of manifest reality, meet the creator of this universe, rummage in your higher self's memories. Possible destinations are only limited by your imagination. The only limitation is that is must be a part of reality somewhere.

7. Re: How many universes are there?

First you need to learn to get out fo the RTZ and go to other planes/dimensions. The most well known and easiest to reach are the 'astral planes'. There are many techniques like flying, teleporting, getting a guide, or setting your intended destination before you leave body. It really all comes down to intent. When you are out of body, you move with your intent. As such, any way you can envision moving can work. Pretty much only fear can stop you. The other thing that come up sometimes is that you don't have enough energy to stay out of body before reaching your destination. You can get started on that right here with Robert Bruce's work on the subject (Astral Dynamics) to learn about each of these travel techniques. His 'NEW' method covers how to raise more energy. Books, videos, and seminars are available depending on your preference.

[advanced] once you get out of body, you can pretty much go anywhere you want. The tricky part is if you don't know exactly where or what you want to see, how do you specify it? What works for me is to specify what you want to see/do. So in this case, indicate that you wish to visit one of parallel selves that is a female version of your current self. If there are any, it should be possible to meet one.

[very advanced] other types of destinations are possible, including time travel, being outside time, being outside of manifest reality, meet the creator of this universe, rummage in your higher self's memories. Possible destinations are only limited by your imagination. The only limitation is that is must be a part of reality somewhere.
    Interesting, I wonder if it is possible to just make a body in one of the infinite parallel realities and live there, as that is my goal, but will the entities see me or will i be invisible like a normal astral projection in the real time zone, that would actually be a good test to see if it is as real as ours is if we are invisible. However off topic but is there a way to learn a language instantly in the astral?
    Last edited by ereus; 30th May 2015 at 04:31 PM.

Greetings all

Have been busy lately so please excuse the gap in replying to previous posts in this thread.

wstein,
    Yes indeed you did expound on the 4 types of universes and I had simply overlooked it.
    The original MWI as conceived by Everett in the 1950s (and still embraced by many 'mainstream' QM scientists) is indeed based on observations of quantum states. Later, altered versions of MWI involved the notion that the universe can actually replicate itself based on the decisions and actions of individuals. This theory is usually called multi-mind theory (or math Sums over History Theory ???). It is to this latter theory to which I was referring in my opinion regarding the possibility of time travel.
    And, Yes, you are correct in asserting the QM is Not yet understood. Even Einstein was a disbeliever and said the "God does not play dice with the universe" (meaning that QM was too random a theory to be taken seriously.)
    So scientists have yet to understand how quantum entanglement works or explain how subatomic particles can pop in and out of a particular area of space and then reappear on the other side of the galaxy. If any of this is true then it does indeed violate the speed of light limitation. Yet so far this remains a Big mystery.

Regards
    Grey

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4