Thread: Morality in dreams

Morality in dreams

Last night one of my dreams was two men and myself dug up some gold ore. There were several chunks of gold ore and we agreed that one of them was mine. Later they were both distracted by something off in the distance and I was there standing by the pile. I picked up my chunk and made sure then I made sure nobody was looking and I took another chunk and stuffed it in my pants, then left the area.

The thing is, in real life I wouldn't have stolen the extra ore. It's just not the kind of person I am or want to be. Although I have seen similar incidences in other dreams where I would do something out of character.

So I'm wondering now is it really easy to succumb to a temptation in a dream? Is it possible to resist or will it always happen?

Re: Morality in dreams

I think it is possibke to resist. In some of my dreams I did bad things but lately I always atop myslef from doing it. Somehow in a automatic way.

Blog Entries

I'm wondering why you're taking a dream so literally. Try to approach it as if the gold and taking the gold means something other than a literal interpretation which your waking self perceives as "stealing". What they symbols mean, I can't say, but I think the key here might lie in working out what the symbols are, rather than chastising yourself for being "immoral" in your dream life.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

I was considering that it might be a symbol but I don't know what it means. Usually these lessons are pretty obvious...
    I just get the feeling that it might be a problem with self control.

Blog Entries

It could be something to do with self control, sure. But gold has a lot of possibilities. Here are just a few I found intriguing:

http://www.dreamtation.com/docs/2240.htm
    http://dreamatico.com/gold.html
    http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdi...ol&search=gold
    http://en.dreambook.in.ua/son/gold/
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

When I have this kind of dreams I know there is work to do, that my knowing about me is still shallow, and I need to deepen my self awareness more.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Thanks for the links BW. So according to this my dream might mean that I feel like I have been deprived the best parts of myself or that I have been unable to realize those things. This makes sense, at least from a worldly perspective, since I am having to rethink my life and that has been troubling me.