Thread: Help in identifying a strange experience

1. Smile Help in identifying a strange experience

Hi Robert,

I was wondering if you could help me identify and experience I've had about 2 or so years ago. I am a self-taught lucid dreamer and OBE-er, but this wasn't anything like it.

What happened was this.

I awoke one morning and opened my physical eyes BUT I was not in my bedroom. I seemed to be lying on a sofa in some apartment. The apartment seemed to have an open kind of feel with very few walls. There was a man and a woman in the kitchen area discussing something. I think they felt "familiar" but I'm not sure. I was utterly shocked and didn't move because I was afraid I'd lock into that scenario. I didn't even move my eyes just used my peripheral vision and other senses. I started to repeat "This is not my reality system" over and over to myself. Quite quickly after that this particular reality collapsed. It didn't fade away per se, it simply well, folder over? How can I explain it best. Basically, it looked like the walls were made of a series of large cards, and they flipped over to the other side. On the other side was my bedroom. I found my physical eyes were opened the entire time. Best I can compare this effect is to an old alarm clock, like in the movie "groundhog day", where a series of cards flip to show the next image of a number on another side. Here's an image for illustration. I should note I do not do any substances! Coffee on rare occasions that's it and I'm quite certain I am sane lol. So what was this? Some strange teleportation? Strange OBE? Did I travel in time to when one day I'll wake up on that sofa?? I've tried looking this up myself but I don't know where to start as I do not know what this was. Thanks in advance.

Re: Help in identifying a strange experience

This type of experience is probably you either shifting into (visiting) an alternate reality, or you are seeing a future reality.

These people and the place you found yourself in could be something from your future.

This could also have nothing to do with you...lets say you landed in the wrong body, or into a body that you are spiritually connected with.

However, it should be kept in mind that visions/experiences like this always have some metaphorical content.

Unfortunately, us humans were not given the instruction manual on this...so we have to work it all out by doing and exploring things.

There is no way to know if what you experienced was important or not.

All you can do is take note of it in your journal and see if you can connect the dots in the future.

I have had many similar experiences myself and most make no sense, but occasionally they do in the future, where I'll meet the people and find the place depicted in the experiencel

robert

3. Re: Help in identifying a strange experience

Thank you Robert. Your response resonates with me a lot.
    I've only done it once, naturally and on accident, but I am so curious I'm sure I'll figure out a way to do this again and experiment. That's how OBEs happened for me.

Anywho, after I've read your reply last night I had a strange "lucid" dream that we continued our conversation. In this dream I somehow traveled back in time and met you at a restaurant, or restaurant-like place back in 1994. I saw you and introduced myself and thanked you for the reply on this post and we talked a bunch about time travel and experiences like these. Then you had to go. I went to the hostess woman and tried writing the date down on my right hand. I believe it was June 5, 1994 but this morning I'm also thinking it could have been September 19, 1995 (perhaps that's another date we'll randomly meet in the dreamscape! lol). I normally remember things I write down from dreams very exactly it's just this morning I was experiencing a bit of personal pain and got distracted. It was a very informative and very lucid conversation on both sides. I appreciate it a lot. Thank you.