Thread: Colors?

Evidence Guest

Colors?

First off, sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but I was told this was the best place for it. I'm quoting directly from my post on the other site.

Lately I've noticed that certain colors change my feelings/state of mind. For example, black(Like at night) makes me scared and uncertain. I like to have something like a blanket to wrap around myself to feel safer. I hide my face. White is a good color that I associate with holiness; it's the best kind of energy/color/feeling. It makes me feel calm, happy, and safe. Blue is calm, like the sea. Yellow is very happy, grinning, childlike, bouncy, hyper, etc. Red and black together are angry. Red by itself is feminine. Skimpy clothing, laughter, lipstick. I'm not sure about green or brown, but I think that they're a sort of earthy color. Blue can also be feminine, but only if it's combined with pink. Not combed to make a purplish color, just together. Side by side. If that makes any sense whatsoever. xD

So, my question is, does this apply to everyone? Do the colors differ in meaning for different people? And is this used in energy work/meditation/PK/etc.? I was just curious to see what everone thought about this. And, by the way, if anyone has some techniques for getting rid of fear, I need help with that. Thanks in advance!

Ev

orbit1 Guest

Re: Colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Evidence

So, my question is, does this apply to everyone? Do the colors differ in meaning for different people? And is this used in energy work/meditation/PK/etc.?

Ev
    I can't say about how colors are used for energy work, but in a general sense, colors tend to have similar meanings for most people. In the design world, this is widely used. Have you heard of a "green room" for entertainers before they go on stage? They are green because green gives a calming effect. Stop signs are red because they imply a potential dangerous situation if you don't stop. Pay attention! Play rooms are often yellow or bright colors to stimulate energy and playfulness. The list goes on and on.

I would be interested to know if anyone uses colors for energy work or other similar practices.

Evidence Guest
    What I mean by energy work is adding color to the energy. If I want to warm up, I'll fill myself with red or gold energy, sometimes an orangey color. Usually red. If I'm trying to cool down or calm down, it's bluish white. That sort of thing.

Dsmoke Guest
    I use colors sometimes when I do energy healing, adding color to the energy if it seems appropriate. In my experience, colors do mean slightly different things to different people. For instance, blue is a cooling color for me, best used to fight inflammation. Red or orange can stimulate a fatigued person. Green is a healing energy that promotes growth. These are some of the color meanings that work best for me.

It sounds like you are developing a palette that will be useful for you in terms of energy work

LiftedUp Guest
    Perhaps there is a reason why various colors invoke similar responses in many different people. My hypothesis is because of the energy. You see, the colors we perceive are in actuality, simply energy, transmitted via various wavelengths. For example, the most basic of colors' wavelengths are as follows:

Red ~650nm
    Orange ~590nm
    Yellow ~570nm
    Green ~510nm
    Blue ~475nm
    Indigo ~445nm
    Violet ~400nm

So with each color we perceive, we are in actuality all simply being subjected to an energy with a set wavelength. Could it be possible that each one of these wavelengths when absorbed, interacts in a specific way with our bodies own current energy, thus promoting a systematic response?!
    Another interesting and stimulating thought is that "white light" is the combination of all the visible colors of the spectrum, while black is the absense of color. Could some of the OBE experiences people have while experiencing the full "white light" not just be limited to the visible spectrum, but in actuality be experiencing the presence of energy in ALL wavelengths simultaneously in a way that is not damaging since they are experiencing it out of the body and in a non physical way? To me this whole topic is very intriguing.
    I would be very interested to hear if anybody knows of any studies or further information on this subject. And please forgive me if I am way off base here, but I am quite new to this, and am actively seeking knowledge through my own thoughts and questionings... so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or mistaken.

Blog Entries
    Lifted up wrote:
    So with each color we perceive, we are in actuality all simply being subjected to an energy with a set wavelength. Could it be possible that each one of these wavelengths when absorbed, interacts in a specific way with our bodies own current energy, thus promoting a systematic response?!
    I believe so. We have in our brains the pineal gland, which is photosensitive, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's exposure to a specific wavelength caused a specific part of the brain's endorphin producing system to activate. But of course this is only conjecture. All I know is that my house is painted a pale yellow color, but when I enter the only blue room we have I feel a physical 'cooling down'. It actually feels cooler in there.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Color is used in meditation work all the time. White light for protection. The Chakras are associated with color, also.
    Root - Red
    Sacral - Orange
    Solar Plexus - Yellow
    Heart - Green
    Throat - Blue
    Third Eye - Indigo
    Crown - Violet
    Above the Crown (Name of Chakra and location varies tremendously with the energy/belief system being used) - White

A meditation for opening the Chakras is to envision the Chakras as spinning balls of the color of that particular Chakra. You can also use the various colors as moving or rushing through the body for healing.