Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breath Awareness Alternatives?

Question Breath Awareness Alternatives?

Hi, does anyone know any meditation technique to help keep the mind clear because breath awareness doesn't work for me.

Thanks
    You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing.

Re: Breath Awareness Alternatives?

A trick (something like a reset switch) wich serves to me is to murmur "Oh-MMMM" at breath exhale time giving attention to chest and nasal vibrations.

Sincerely,
    Ángel

Blog Entries

I have a box I built in my mind. It's got a heavy lid, with hinges. I put thoughts in it and they stay there, with the clear understanding that I can take them out later if I want to and re-examine them (I never actually end up having to do that, but the option is always there).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I do various versions of breath awareness- from the simple 'breathing colors' to the more complicated alternate-nostril breathing. And in-between things like breathing through all the chakras, one by one. There's all kinds of ways to vary this and not fall asleep.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks, I'm gonna try out these suggestions.

But does anyone have any ideas that do not involve the breath at all?

ButterflyWoman, your thought box seems like a very advanced technique, I can't imagine that would work for me.
    You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing.

You can focus on sensations within the body or move your point of awareness throughout your body.
    You can repeat a mantra.
    You can do meta meditation (focusing on loving kindness and goodwill for oneself and others).
    You can count with the intention of attaining a particular state of consciousness when a certain number is reached.
    You can focus on releasing tension in the body and mind.
    You can focus on completely letting go of all thoughts and attachments (this is closely related to the previous method).
    Escaping Velocity. Not just infinity, but eternity.

Blog Entries

You can visualize a very beautiful mountain, and either climb it, or go down it if you start out at the top. I do this ocassionally, and spend time working out the landscape.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Yesterday I was feeling a bit stressed in a crowded train station and I spontaneously calmed myself by imagining a spinning whirlpool around me. Having failed to calm myself with simple breathing/mind clearing. I'm not sure where the idea came from, it seemed to happen by itself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzzcock View Post
    Yesterday I was feeling a bit stressed in a crowded train station and I spontaneously calmed myself by imagining a spinning whirlpool around me. Having failed to calm myself with simple breathing/mind clearing. I'm not sure where the idea came from, it seemed to happen by itself.
    That's a good technique for removing other people's energy and keeping it away. I like that one. Might use it, myself.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    That's a good technique for removing other people's energy and keeping it away. I like that one. Might use it, myself.
    thank you.