Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trauma and mysticism

Blog Entries

Re: Trauma and mysticism

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I wonder if that's a product of age and experience- although I think I always tended to think that way, more or less.
    I have traditionally had big, big issus with things like safety, being safe, secure, etc. Structuring my reality so that there were all these rules and consistent patterns (even if they were patterns I didn't like) was weirdly comforting.

I'm sure it's partly age, and a bit experience. Mostly, I'm kinda too tired to spend a lot of energy maintaining patterns and structures in my reality if I don't need them or, more to the point, don't want them. There are aspects of previous created realities that I kind of miss, but maintaining them is too energetically expensive, so I just let it go.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I debated whether or not to post this here. This appeared on FB, admittedly from a friend who knows me well, but still, it was unexpected. It resonated with me immediately (as my friend knew it would ), and then I just "sat on it" for a while to consider it. It was clear from the start but became more and more clear that it was a message to me, a sign, if you will. A sort of acknowledgement to me from the Universe that I'd finished something. Sort of like a certificiate that you might earn at the end of a course of study, I guess. It felt like that, and it still does, even more so now, and so I decided to share it.

parentsforgive.jpg
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

BW:

My heart pulses so much with energy, reading what you have wrote <3

无为

and everything you write, is

无为 is an important concept of Taoism (Daoism,) that involves knowing when to act and when not to act. Another perspective
    to this is that "Wu Wei" means natural action - as planets revolve around the sun, they 'do' this revolving, but without
    'doing' it; or as trees grow, they 'do', but without 'doing'. Thus knowing when (and how) to act is not knowledge in the
    sense that one would think 'now' is the right time to do 'this', but rather just doing it, doing the natural thing.

Perfect - I want to steal that quote.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    (i.e., people with abusive or otherwise messed up childhoods being more likely to develop mystical abilities), but I won't go into all of them. What I'm thinking, and possibly seeing, is that trauma is, among other things, a facilitator of mysticism. I'm not sure that all mystics come from a traumatic background (I don't have any reason to think that's true, and if we look at the stories of the Buddha, he was raised a pampered prince!), but it seems that for some, trauma causes us to retreat into ourselves in ways that open us up to the mystical, and, for some of us, the Divine. I am positive that trauma does not always lead to mysticism or divine experience (more often, it seems to lead to personal dysfunction, addiction, criminal activities, and other such self-destructive habits), but based on my very small sample and observations I've made of the mystically-inclined, I think it can be said that trauma can and does lead us to mystical experience, or, at least, it opens us up to it.

At the moment I'm just mulling this over, and I'm not proclaiming any special knowledge or epiphanies or anything. I'm just observing this, and I'm wondering if someone might have some input or thoughts on the matter. Could make an interesting discussion.
    My childhood and relationships did, as well. The opposite to being oriented to the world is turn around to yourself. Then miracles can happen if mind is not "like the others".

Be objective, research the reality and don't assume things just because of experts