Thread: Advice on deep physical relaxation

Advice on deep physical relaxation

Hi,
    I've been reading astral dynamics (the 1999 version trying to save up money for the newest version) and want to know what I can do to guarantee deep physical relaxation?

I tense up my muscles with progressive muscle relaxation,but don't like when I have to tense up the muscles as it irritates me, but I eventually get to the point of the beginning of deep physical relaxation.

What can I do to make sure that I'm deeply physically relaxed enough to go into a trance and eventually astral project?

Will there be a point when I eventually won't have to do this or will I always have to do this?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Re: Advice on deep physical relaxation

Quote Originally Posted by luffy28 View Post
    I tense up my muscles with progressive muscle relaxation,but don't like when I have to tense up the muscles as it irritates me, but I eventually get to the point of the beginning of deep physical relaxation.
    You don't have to physically tense up your muscles if it bugs you. You can try turning your attention to each muscle group, and visualise/imagine that you're tensing up, stroking the muscles, whatever feels nice to you. The relaxation is more in the progression and narrowing your mental focus than in actually physically tensing. Give it a try, see if it works for you.

What can I do to make sure that I'm deeply physically relaxed enough to go into a trance and eventually astral project?
    Practice.

Will there be a point when I eventually won't have to do this or will I always have to do this?
    I can achieve complete physical relaxation in a matter of seconds. This was absolutely not always the case. I've just been practicing for so many years that now it's like a switch. The only time I still have trouble is if I'm in pain of some sort or if I'm especially tense/stressed, in which case there are advanced techniques that can deal with those issues, but, for the most part, I get comfortable, decide to relax, and I'm relaxed. It's just conditioning, really, and it's also really useful in a lot of situations.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

when I first read the book in 2004/2005 within a month to two I could lie down (even though I didn't know that Robert recommended not lying down) and relax my muscles within a minute or two.

Now when I try to it takes me a while.

I'm trying to do it while sitting and it still takes a while.

Thanks for the advice I'll try to see what it can do for me.

Blog Entries

I go through all the muscle groups the same way you do the tensing and relaxing, and just do the relaxing part. When I am done, I relax the whole body all at once, imagining I'm a stick of butter melting into the chair/bed.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks for the advice. The first time I tried it it took me only 12 or 20 minutes and my body was relaxed.

Thank you.