Thread: Another Spider Dream...

Another Spider Dream...

So, another spider dream.
    The spider (symbolic of fears/negative behavioural patterns) this time wasn't something i feared.
    (I've worked on this in previous encounters, with an observable progression of lessening the fear and transforming my relationship with it...)

In a house, not my house, but a shared house, possibly a holiday home or something, myself and a few friends are all sharing one bedroom. There are several beds around the room, with lots of bedclothes (covers) everywhere.
    There is a very large spider in the room, freely roaming around, under covers, over the beds. Everyone knows about it and has no problem with it.
    I have no fear of it, but i know i don't want it anywhere near me either.
    It seems to be someone's pet, but that fact, or who the owner is, is never clarified.There are a couple of friends lying in a bed, aware of the spider too, but unconcerned about it's existence.

At some point i leave the room for a while, and when i return, the room has changed. The beds have all been made. Someone has been in and tidied the whole place.
    We (me and an unseen companion) begin to search the room, wondering where the spider is, a little concerned that whoever cleaned the room has killed it, not knowing it was in there.
    The thought of the spider having been killed both excites me and worries me.
    I fear for it's life. It is a being and so i wish it no harm, yet would be happy to know that it no longer existed.

As we look under covers for it, i spot what looks like a couple of it's legs, but upon closer inspection find a bag with black rope ties which looked like the legs.
    Then my unseen companion also spots something which looks like it, but again, it proves to be a false alarm.
    The spider is nowhere to be found.

Possibly still under cover somewhere? Possibly cleared away by whatever tidying process cleaned the room up...

This is an interesting one.
    The fact that the spider in this experience seems to be a shared entity/energy/experience, suggests that it might symbolise a negative behaviour shared by myself and friends?
    Possibly an addiction?
    I'm feeling the general shift at the moment is allowing us collectively to let go of behaviours that have been hindering our progress...i'm seeing it a lot in my social group...
    people are stopping smoking... changing eating habits... long term substance/alcohol abusers are finding the strength to give up...

As ever any insights are welcomed...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Re: Another Spider Dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.C View Post
    Dont want to put you on an erroneous track but the spider may be an aspect of yourself? it may also be a past, present or future event. Robert's dream interpretation protocol in Astral Dynamics is good, dig out ya copy. Keep a dream diary, it gets fascinating.
    Thanks Leon, I've been keeping a journal for many years, but it's often helpful to go over stuff like Robert's dream interpretation protocol, to remind ourselves of things we might be missing...

Blog Entries

How did you react to spiders in previous dreams? The spider being a non-issue while present seems significant. It did not feel like denial, right? I mean, you seem quite confident that this was a positive reaction on the behalf of all present.

For me - in my subjective little world - spiders, along with bugs, represent problems or troubles. Whenever I see one in a dream or vision something or someone unpleasant, difficult, and also sometimes dangerous happens. The bigger the creepy-crawly the bigger the problem.

Last week I awoke to a real time vision experience to a nasty black spider on my wall that was two feet across. Next day - sure enough, a dangerous situation occurred.

I think our symbols operate on a collective and subjective level.

I agree with you Dreamweaver. Robert says they are negs and I agree with him too.

A few months ago in a projection I was taken by my ankle with a spider web that took me to a big spider nest and two big nasty black spiders came to me. I just made them bounce away by hitting the web with my hand.
    "Think how different life would be if we were all part of communities working for the common good of each member, full of people who pay attention to, share, and act on our dreams." Kurt Leland

Oliver, I've had a series of spider dreams, starting off with very fearful experiences, moving towards lessening fear, through to the spider turning into a cuddly toy, almost kitten-like.

In this one, this line in my original post hints at a possible source of the negative entity/thoughtform/fear/whatever it is -
    "It seems to be someone's pet, but that fact, or who the owner is, is never clarified.There are a couple of friends lying in a bed, aware of the spider too, but unconcerned about it's existence."
    The couple lying in bed. The phrase "you've made your bed now lie in it" sprang to mind.

Then this section -
    "
    At some point i leave the room for a while, and when i return, the room has changed. The beds have all been made. Someone has been in and tidied the whole place.
    We (me and an unseen companion) begin to search the room, wondering where the spider is, a little concerned that whoever cleaned the room has killed it, not knowing it was in there.
    The thought of the spider having been killed both excites me and worries me.
    I fear for it's life. It is a being and so i wish it no harm, yet would be happy to know that it no longer existed.

As we look under covers for it, i spot what looks like a couple of it's legs, but upon closer inspection find a bag with black rope ties which looked like the legs."
    The problem has been cleared up, and then we see that what we're looking at is/was nothing but baggage.