Thread: So close!

So close!

I have had a couple of accidental OBEs that I have described here. When I try on purpose a couple of different things usually happen.

A few times I get right up to something cool. I feel the vibrations, or the other night everything went kind of white and I started to see through my eyelids again. I usually get the, "Oh s**t, it's getting close" thought and drive it away with my sudden rush of excitement. Then I'm to impatient to let it happen again.

When I get up in the middle of the night and then try, I seem to lay forever just keeping my mind clear. I might actually be asleep during these, but it seems like I'm just laying there keeping my mind quite. Sometimes the hypnagogic imagery can be very vivid. But I don't ever seem to get deep enough though during these.

Or, most frequently, I succumb to whatever hypnagogic imagery I see, start fantasizing and slip into a dream.

I usually set an alarm for around 3:00 am to wake up, take a lap around the house and try. When I have time off, I'll also try in the afternoon. I can usually get to what I imagine is light trance. My arms and legs feel heavy and numb, but not in full paralysis.

Any words of advice?

Blog Entries

Re: So close!

I hope you're not doing this every day. Give yourself time off just to sleep, and do it maybe once a week. All this sleep interruption will not do you any good.
    When I get up in the middle of the night and then try, I seem to lay forever just keeping my mind clear. I might actually be asleep during these, but it seems like I'm just laying there keeping my mind quite. Sometimes the hypnagogic imagery can be very vivid. But I don't ever seem to get deep enough though during these.
    I don't try to project in the middle of the night, because when it works and I project, going back to sleep afterwards will make me forget a lot of it and it's no better than dream recall. Sometimes I don't even remember I projected until the next day.

Or, most frequently, I succumb to whatever hypnagogic imagery I see, start fantasizing and slip into a dream.
    Slipping into a dream is the direct method of astral projecting- and if you do it very easily it may indicate you are exhausted. But it's not bad, it's an astral projection into an astral realm, (if you can maintain lucidity) instead of an OBE to the Real Time Zone.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I don't normally practice every night. I'm on leave for the next couple of days. I usually try on Saturday morning, but try to practice meditation daily with job and family permitting.

The last time I projected it was in the evening. It wasn't spectacular by any means but I did notice that as I was writing it down afterwards it was slipping away. I have tried in the afternoons, and will continue to do so but have not had any luck. I normally try an afternoon attempt on Sunday's.

I have done a lot of reading, and it seems putting the body to sleep is fairly important. As I have noted, I can usually get to where my limbs feel heavy and numb but it isn't full on paralysis. I have experienced sleep paralysis, and while this is approaching it, it's not all the way there. I don't normally feel vibrations at all in the afternoon either. This would indicate I'm not deep enough in trance yet right?

I guess at the risk of babbling a little, even at night I have trouble getting to the vibration phase on purpose. How deeply do I need to get into trance to attempt a projection?

Sorry about the endless questions, but the world isn't exactly full of people to talk about this with. Most of the people I have shared this with think I'm a lunatic.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped me along the way.
    Last edited by Ator27; 13th October 2015 at 11:54 PM.

Hey there seems that u are already really close �� to project you only need a light to medium trance so dont worry about that ��

Try to project in ur imagination for a few times every day. Make it as real as possible so your mind will get used to it and react in a different way if its happen.

Wish u all the best