Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ended Up In A Psych Ward

Blog Entries

Re: Ended Up In A Psych Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus858 View Post
    i should just surrender to the process right?
    Yes. You don't even need to "trust", really. Just let it go and see where it takes you. Think of Alice, following the White Rabbit into Wonderland. She didn't trust or distust, she just went with it. Oh, for the record, the rabbit hole is bottomless, but you'll find out for yourself in time...
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

I've been thinking about using affirmations an hour or so a day to deal with my fear, does anyone have any recommendations? I usually repeat things like "I am brave, I let go of fear, everything is fine" a few minutes a day but i want to do more.. i spend every moment working on this anxiety and progress is happening.. i notice i get extremely depressed at times and nothing brings me pleasure.. it doesn't last long though, like 30 minutes to an hour..

Blog Entries

Hey Atticus, I found these affirmations by Louise Hay:

• I am willing to release my fears.
    • I live and move in a safe and secure world.
    • I am free myself from all destructive fears and doubts.
    • I accept myself and create peace in my mind and heart.
    • I rise above thoughts that attempt to make me angry or afraid.
    • I release the past with ease and trust the process of life.
    • I am willing to release the need for this protection.
    • I am now willing to see only my magnificence.
    • I have the power to make changes.
    • I am always divinely protected.

And so it is!

They seem helpful I would also advice you could say them in front of a mirror, out loud, if you can. You could also record them and listen to yourself saying them, when you have time. You can say them in your mind and you can also just read them. I would suggest repeating them throughout the day, but the most effective times would be in the morning after you wake up, after lunch- when you're sleepy, and before bed. Good luck!!!

PS- the affirmations were taken from a Louise Hay article here. The subject of the article is "how to overcome your fears", so you're welcome to read it too, if you would like. Maybe it could help.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

I do the emotional freedom technique. <-- look it up on the internet. Basically I tap and mentally say I am positive now, I am in the moment now. While tapping my fingers. When I do the affirmation it takes up 0.7 seconds per affirmation <-- from lots and lots of practice.

when I feeling anxious I say... I am positive now,,, I am safe now. When the anxiousness is gone I go back to, I am positive now, I am in the moment now

So it's 60seconds X 60mins x 2 hours in that range..

10,000 affirmations in one day on average

I do the tapping when I am out in public and 10k is the average affirmation harvest per day

That's a hell of allot of affirmation in one day
    Last edited by lord.of.the.now; 18th October 2015 at 12:21 AM.

If your going to program your postively stay the hell away from tv. That stuff programs you like bad affirmations but you want to do your positive affirmations, Realise you want to program yourself postively so stay away from television that stuff is undo ing your good work

I've been thinking about using affirmations an hour or so a day to deal with my fear,

If you do that you will get very poor results. That's really not quit enough to get good results

Because you have most likely being exposed to years and years of negative programming from watching negative tv 1 hour of affirmation is not going to cut it

Do you realize the main reason why you are in hospital is because you are negative based

Mental illness is negative based. Fear and anxiousness comes from televison
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 18th October 2015 at 05:31 PM.