Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Link between Schizophrenia & OBE's

Re: Link between Schizophrenia & OBE's

It is known meditation (classically main hermit activity) can trigger spontaneous Kundalini awakening.

So, taking into account previous answer from you, ¿is a myth that Kundalini awakening leads into schizophrenic disorder?

My best regards,
    Ángel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -asalantu- View Post
    It is known meditation (classically main hermit activity) can trigger spontaneous Kundalini awakening.

So, taking into account previous answer from you, ¿is a myth that Kundalini awakening leads into schizophrenic disorder?
    Well, I don't know, and I doubt there are any sort of studies on the subject. And I think it can be said that Kundalini probably doesn't change the physical shape of your brain (which is what happens with schizophrenia).

That said, it's certainly true that Kundalini can cause all manner of disruptions, emotional, physical, mental, spiritual, you name it. So... while I can't say yes, I will say that it wouldn't really surprise me to hear of it having that effect, particularly in someone who was already genetically prone to developing schizophrenia.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Too much meditation can contribute to unwanted spiritual awakenings. Not sure if it causes schizophrenia.

Interestingly enough obe is a sign of epilepsy. There has been a few times where I've had light seizures while obe'ing. I think this is very abnormal though and only happened while I was practicing as if for the astral Olympics.
    Link to epilepsy obe article
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti.../#!po=0.284091
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Blog Entries

OBE is not a sign of epilepsy. The phenomenon called autoscopy can be a symptom of certain types of epilepsy, (and autoscopy is not OBE) but the epilepsy blamed for this (temporal lobe epilepsy) is usually diagnosed with no actual physical testing if the person reports having out of body experiences or persistent deja vu.
    It's a case of the tail leading the horse.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

It might help to look up etiology and symptoms of schizophrenia - here's a mobile link:

http://m.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthl...nia_85,P00762/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heliac View Post
    Too much meditation can contribute to unwanted spiritual awakenings. Not sure if it causes schizophrenia.
    In fact, meditation is used as therapy for a number of brain and nervous system disorders, and for various mental illnesses. It actually strengthens and physically improves certain areas of the brain (mostly in the brain stem). There's plenty of research on this topic available if you want to learn more.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

This is from an article from the New York Times:
    "People who struggle with schizophrenia suffer delusions of unknown origin. Dr. Hobson suggests that these flights of imagination may be related to an abnormal activation of a dreaming consciousness. “Let the dreamer awake, and you will see psychosis,” Jung said."
    I tend to agree... (very interesting article, BTW, but it's about dreams).
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Blog Entries

Oh, yes, Jung is one of my kindred spirits throughout history. I totally get Jung, and I have, myself, made the observation that dementia and various forms of psychosis seem exactly like someone is dreaming. Similar kinds of tangental logic and symbolic representations and so on.

Blog Entries

I accidentally missed a key and came here. Here's a good place, and is certainly a good place to hang around. So I thought I'd see what's going on?

Oliver Sacks, in his book Hallucinations, finds that very many neurological disorders (Schizophrenia and epilepsy included) produce hallucinations of many sorts. The take-away is more of a question than an answer; 'where am I on this wide spectrum of otherworldly experiences?

We had a visitor some years ago who was a full-fledged schizophrenic. He was fascinating to chat with and the insights I obtained from his descriptions of the 'world' he occupies illuminated my own 'normal' experiences.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard