Thread: recent article which describes how advances in the study of consciousness indicate humankind's current scientific understanding of it may be flawed

recent article which describes how advances in the study of consciousness indicate humankind's current scientific understanding of it may be flawed

Hey everyone, I read something last week and wanted to share it with all of you here:

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/lead...s-may-be-wrong

I've been reading but not commenting or posting for quite some time, hopefully this post will help balance that out a bit. =)

Re: recent article which describes how advances in the study of consciousness indicate humankind's current scientific understanding of it may be flawed

Yeah I've pretty much given up on Big science. They can make a nice t.v. set, blender and maybe an atom bomb, but as for the real serious questions....fugetaboutit!
    I sent my soul through the Invisible. Some letter of that After-life to spell: And by and by my Soul returned to me and answered. "I Myself am Heaven and Hell." - Omar Kayyam

Blog Entries

Re: recent article which describes how advances in the study of consciousness indicate humankind's current scientific understanding of it may be flawed

The problem with working out the nature of Consciousness is that there is only one instance of it that we know of. You can't compare this one to that other one, because there's only the one (so far as we are aware). You can't set up control groups or anything else. You have to just kind of guess at it, based on what you can observe, and theorise on it from there. The same is true of this thing called "reality" and a lot of other things of that sort. They simply don't conform to nor lend themselves to standard scientific method, and therefore are difficult (or impossible) to understand scientifically.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.