Thread: obe and mental health

obe and mental health

Hi all,
    The one time I had a proper OBE I had stopped taking meds - I take antipsychotics for schizophrenia.
    It occurred fast, I flew downstairs and straight outside the front door, around the front garden, where the street lamp "flashed" me as would a red light camera
    possibly I got scared of seeing it. Then I returned to my body, where my dad appeared and said, "schizophrenia exists, it was invented by a french dame", then I he said something in Latin - like a spell and did the sign of the cross which is when I woke up. I woke up really refreshed, it was the most amazing experience in my life and I would like to do it again.
    It seems though I haven't been able to do it while on meds, and my family and doctor recommend I keep taking them

Re: obe and mental health

Some of the problems that people tell me that they have with taking meds are that they don't fully feel like themselves on them, or that they resent taking meds in order to "be more normal" whatever that is, or that being on meds prevents the things that they get to experience only because of the unique characteristics of their diagnosis - like feeling super creative, driven and full of energy when elevated as with bipolar disorder.

All completely understandable - many meds change brainwave activity due to their sedative effects, making having lucid dream experiences less likely. I wonder if you could have a talk with your doctor about meds that are less sedating.

Here's a link that might be helpful -
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC487011/

Good luck!

Firstly I'd prioritize medication and mental health over OBE anyday (but that's just my opinion).I've been in similar situations and stopped all manner of spiritual practice .

Secondly , the experience you had was one where you were off the meds ( that way a lot could be going on inside your brain and you OBE could've been an outcome of that) , I'm neither negating the authenticity of your OBE experience or saying , it was a nut job hallucination , I'm merely pointing out that it distinct possibility.

Thirdly if you're experiencing altered states while you're off putting medication , that within itself is alarming , I mean you have the rest of your life for OBE but if it impinges on your mental health it's probably not that good an idea.

this is only my opinion and it's not meant disparagingly

I'm not surprised "The one time I had a proper OBE I had stopped taking meds - I take antipsychotics for schizophrenia." Schizophrenia, along with other dissociative states are conductive of these altered states...I don't recall the stats exactly, but something like 30% of dx'd schizophrenics, and not sure how many of from each of the diss. types(derealization, depersonalization, and DID) also have an ease of OBEing.

As the others stated, mental health is a top priority. OBEs can bring up alot of challenging factors, may cause some destabilization depending on what one experiences, so top health is important.

I do recall when a therapist recommended anti-psycotics for me(same reason as you basically), it was enough to sedate a horse basically, nasty side-effects(causing sterility, some permanent physical damage, etc.)well, never took them really, but as I recall it basically it was to put oneself in a walking coma-like state. I chose therapy instead of being a living zombie , not that you are, you seem to be on a very light dose. So, once stabilized, then healed, OBEs came readily on their own. It really is something to discuss with your therapist in terms of your personal needs, monitoring dosage rates, etc.

On the plus side, you've had a solid OBE, that's more than most of the population. I imagine you can do it while on meds too., I gander it's places you in the range of how most people are in terms of OBEing, so tougher but not impossible, just takes some tweeking, and more practice,

I think I have being misdiagnosed as schizophrenic when I am actually clairaudient from being autistic. I am trying to raise my vibration so high that the voices brake down and get removed. So I can prove to the doctor that I am misdiagnosed. I first need to give the doctor evidence that I can actually have no voices. Or take a ly-detector test and say I have no more voices from spiritual exercises.

I see the benefits of using anti-psychotic clozapine. I have been a long term user so I know the benefits of the drug very well. It basically works like this. It is a protective toxin. It disoriented states of lucid dreaming or out of body experiences and waking consciousness. Because of the high level of toxins that’s' the only reason why it's so hard to obe or lucid dream on the meds. You can now imagine how much toxins play a role in doing this effect. I can imagine more than 1 litre of the stuff in the body. That's why it takes so long to detox because of the heavy amount of toxins in the body

I call it a protective toxin

It puts you in an out of your body giving room to be. You can say zombie. I call it safe mode. It makes influences of the dark side less less overwhelming. The medication disconnects from reality give states of safe mode like a computer. This disorientated ability from the medication gives room to disconnect and space to be. Every time all the bad stuff you have come threw you can disconnect from it. You know how in jail how tough it is for people have learnt to disconnect same with clozapine it does the same job.

Now the medication is design to make you disconnect at the same time on some level be connected at the same time. It's a combination of both

The medication gives room

Unfortunately when comes to obe the only way you can really obe on anti-psychotics is threw the light body not the astral body. That is theory in practice.

I found psychiatric medication psychotics as a escape goat or a short cut. Because it blocks negs and gives me room to raise my vibration. I still get dreams every so often but I don't have negs anymore from raising my vibration like I use too. I took the short cut of not suffering the bustards by taking medication and raising my vibration to point where I don't have to suffer them anymore because I got rid of them. Even all the psychics I know tell me that I don't have negs anymore. I trust this threw them including no nightmares very often. I just got to get rid of my voices threw raising frequency

It's a shortcut to good good neg relief the medication but a real real mission getting off the medication threw the doctor. Anyway I know what I am doing. Just got to give evidence that my voices are not schizophrenic.

I work with the medication. The medication protection is a god send.I have more than 10,000 angels healing me on a mental emotional and spiritual level. I need soul retrieval. TO become fully positive. To become fully sound, etc etc etc

I need to become fully sound before lowering my medication otherwise I will simply end up in hospital again.

I told the doctor that attempts of lowering medication with the voices and the negs is a waste of my time. Because I know I will just get unwell again.
    Last edited by lord.of.the.now; 6th February 2016 at 05:28 AM.

So teriyaki,

As a mental health professional, I think it might be best for anyone that takes psych meds and who wants to participate in meditative practice, dream work, energy work, and so on, to have a good ongoing relationship with a qualified, licensed mental health professional who understands energy work, and who is able to create a therapeutic relationship based on unconditional positive regard, and who is well-versed in medications and their effects.

It is possible to have a satisfying spiritual life and have schizophrenia.

Not everyone has the knowledge, skill, or compassion necessary to appropriately handle sensitive concerns with dignity and respect. Be careful out there! You are your own best expert and advocate!

One of my teachers once said on the way to enlightenment many people get crazy. This is one of the steps for enlightenment and to overcome it you should go to a monastery which has a highly developed master which can help you learn from this crisis.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 6th February 2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Sp. 'monastery' for monetary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMonkey View Post
    One of my teachers once said on the way to enlightenment many people get crazy. This is one of the steps for enlightenment and to overcome it you should go to a monastery which has a highly developed master which can help you learn from this crisis.
    This is very often the case, i.e., that people "go crazy" for a while.

Schizophrenia, however, is actually a physical illness which manifests mentally/emotionally. While I certainly would hope people can find spiritually sensitive mental health assistance, I wouldn't recommend just dropping your medications and running off to a monastery.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.