Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis And Christianity/Judaism

Cannabis And Christianity/Judaism

As peculiar or even funny as it might seem, of course it is speculation only, but I do not even find this out of the way entirely:

This holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus (30:22-23), contained over six pounds of kaneh-bosem, a substance identified by respected etymologists, linguists, anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis, extracted into about six quarts of olive oil, along with a variety of other fragrant herbs. The ancient anointed ones were literally drenched in this potent mixture.
    "kaneh-bosem => canna-bis"?

http://www.naturalnews.com/052902_Je...scripture.html

Shamans use plants for the induction of their spiritual journeys / experiences. And also for healing, like every culture does. The knowledge gets more and more clear (less suppressed) that Cannabis is a good healing plant too, despite some dangers or adverse affects involved (but this is true of any plant maybe).

Early Christianity and many other religions (maybe the Islamic Sufi?) could have done the same, using it for meditation, healing, ceremonies, even astral projection etc. There are many hints as to this (e.g. mushroom symbology, plants mentioned, etc.).
    This collector of useless clutter.

Re: Cannabis And Christianity/Judaism

Interesting...Hemp products have served mankind in a multitude of ways...like cloth, canvas, rope...etc; and even ease to the dis-ease. Spartanly said...

Get Down With The Sickness...
    Http://youtu.be/qwx8TGPC3ss

But maybe this is how Kanye became Yeezy Yeezus, as peculiar and even funny as it might seem. Or perhaps Willy Wonkadashian gave him "the" Golden Ticket.
    Last edited by Timothy; 14th February 2016 at 04:45 PM.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinera View Post
    As peculiar or even funny as it might seem, of course it is speculation only, but I do not even find this out of the way entirely:

"kaneh-bosem => canna-bis"?

http://www.naturalnews.com/052902_Je...scripture.html

Shamans use plants for the induction of their spiritual journeys / experiences. And also for healing, like every culture does. The knowledge gets more and more clear (less suppressed) that Cannabis is a good healing plant too, despite some dangers or adverse affects involved (but this is true of any plant maybe).

Early Christianity and many other religions (maybe the Islamic Sufi?) could have done the same, using it for meditation, healing, ceremonies, even astral projection etc. There are many hints as to this (e.g. mushroom symbology, plants mentioned, etc.).
    Interesting! well, Kaneh means cane and bosem means perfume, so possible. I remembered watching something on the news about Moses using some kind of plant so I searched a little bit and found this.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Blog Entries

As a mod, I need to point to Robert's "drug talk on the forum" rule:

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq...#faq_drugrules

At this point, and in my judgement, this discussion is okay (as of this writing), but please do read the material at the link above and keep it in mind (Robert put this rule in place on legal advice, and if you have an issue with the rule, you'll have to take it up with him).

On the topic of the thread:

Speaking in tongues, aka glossolalia, was most definitely practiced by early Christians, and still is by some. It can very definitely induce a trance, and quite easily, which is possibly why it was practiced.

Second: The word "cannabis" is Latin by way of the Greek, though it's also got some other cognates (Persian, for example). See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology_of_cannabis

It seems unlikely that the Hebrew would be related. It kind of vaguely maybe sounds similar, but Hebrew doesn't really work that way, and doesn't really borrow words from Greek or Latin (despite Israel having been occupied by Rome at one point).

So, did early Christians use some form of trance in worship and possibly to induce certain kinds of experiences? Probably. Seems likely. It was a mystical cult, and trance is always part of mysticism. Does the Hebrew phrase given have anything to do with the word we use for the plant? Seems unlikely.

Just my opinions. Take 'em for what they're worth. Well, except the part about the rules and stuff.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Check out Xenoglossia...

Anyways...Glossolalia is akin to schizophrenic speaking jibberish.

"I am Legion"....and all that jahzz...

Not the same timezone...but the same Bat Channel.

"The barbarians know me and the Greeks understand me" ~ Thunder - Perfect Mind
    Last edited by Timothy; 15th February 2016 at 07:53 PM.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Glossolalia is akin to schizophrenic speaking jibberish.
    You could put it that way if you really wanted to, but it's basically just your brain churning out noises that sound and feel like language. I've been practicing this off and on for decades and I'm definitely not schizophrenic, and the practice is definitely not harmful.

As I said, it's very useful for inducing a trance, and trance is part of mystical religious practices (with a wide variety of ways to induce the trance).

As for xenolalia, i.e., speaking a foreign language, that's not very likely to put you into a trance.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

I had a patient who used to speak like that , none of us could get him , but apparently his mother could understand him.

It was absolutely incredible , maybe his mother picked his non-verbal cues, or something like that? we were all amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    You could put it that way if you really wanted to, but it's basically just your brain churning out noises that sound and feel like language. I've been practicing this off and on for decades and I'm definitely not schizophrenic, and the practice is definitely not harmful.

As I said, it's very useful for inducing a trance, and trance is part of mystical religious practices (with a wide variety of ways to induce the trance).

As for xenolalia, i.e., speaking a foreign language, that's not very likely to put you into a trance.
    well...I didn't really want to per se, I just saw to mention that point.

Catch me by myself and you're apt to find me in deep conversation with any# of replyers (perhaps replicated...perhaps not).

Talk your walk...
    2016-02-16 12.52.26.jpg

Behind the cue ball...
    hqdefault (3).jpg
    Last edited by Timothy; 16th February 2016 at 06:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Catch me by myself and you're apt to find me in deep conversation with any# of replyers

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Yup...and sage does help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast