Thread: why my UFO beliefs are changing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: why my UFO beliefs are changing.

I have had time to mull this over and gestate thoughts in my mind.

Before proceeding , I'm going to clarify that when I used the word "belief" it's used as "the idea of" , " the notion of existence of UFOs" , "the concept of alien existence" , not as "my belief is in the holy bible as word of God" , "my beliefs dictate that Muhammad is the one true messenger of God" (I didn't know what word to use when explaining all of this was "for a lack of a better word" , a better title would have been "Why my thoughts on UFOs are changing".

Okay now let's back to it ; first I have to say that for whatever "documentary" or other information is out there the agenda is mostly "we can provide evidence of existence" conversely the other camp says "it's really not possible for them to travel here in anyway that physics allows".
    This simply creates a dichotomy of "believers" and "skeptics" , now the problem gets trickier , this dichotomy becomes "either you are with us or against us".

I'm simply refusing to go with "they either exist or they don't" , previously I was being tough on myself saying "well you know what my belief is telling me one thing and my logical mind another" , and this feeling of being at odds with myself was really making me uncomfortable (I wasn't allowing myself to sit on the fence with this one).

Now let's get back to the first idea that started the rift : "laws of physics dictate that interstellar or faster than speed of light travel is not possible" . well honestly if you're going to use simple physics as a means of understanding this whole ET situation you're simply not going to make headway.
    Laws of physics also can't explain crop circles and cattle mutilation but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

The whole argument then becomes this : We can't use human rationale to conceptualize or explain the ET phenomenon , another way of saying this would be that with our current level of understanding of the cosmos and physics explaining the ET phenomenon isn't possible.

I'm honestly think we are at a point where we can't explain or rationalize this whole thing (just like a lot of other things out there).

for now I'm leaning more towards the skeptical side and let me tell you why : If ET life has evolved on other planets that means it evolved on a planet that was devoid of oxygen or had other atmospheric gases or radiation conditions , but why is it that in all accounts of alien contact and description ETs are without "space suits" or apparatus that allows them gases or ambient conditions that allows them to move about in other planetary conditions (just like humans have to wear space suits when visiting other planets or the moon).Dumber still more a way of saying is that a fish doesn't survive out of water.

proof or disproof on this argument simply isn't possible.
    Last edited by DarkChylde; 18th February 2016 at 05:07 PM.