Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you know about apathy?

1. Re: What do you know about apathy?

Thank you ia.

Re: What do you know about apathy?

Life experientially moving along...gathers in...toward readiness. There are many deaths to within a life span, each one episodically living ... awaiting it's peak.

Lucky... http://youtu.be/jPKuI5FGTks

When you are full are you yet hungry? If your thirst is quenched are you still thirsty?

Do the pangs cry out for answer? No...there is Apathy...like a nap after fulness. FedUp

Trepidation & Anticipation
    Antagonistic & Protagonistic
    Push & Pull

Times Like These... http://youtu.be/MNTUzmaSRSM

The Making of Love (((Gathering In))) begins after having reached the outpouring purgation of Climax, Falling from Life's Precipice and(et) into the leading of The Next... )))Giving Out(((.

...OXOXOXOXOXOXOXO...

Inward either way The Way... leads to The Kiss ... Philemon

Oven... http://youtu.be/zmjH907nkHk

Kick The Tires & Light The Fires

Lonely Soul... http://youtu.be/5TSH6OmO-Dw

The Kingdom Of Heaven Will Be Taken In Violence.

Enough IS Enough, and(et) Quite Enough IS

Don't merely go ...JUST... keep coming...

In A State... http://youtu.be/74FIQpnXvyU
    download (1).png
    Ref. 2Timothy4:7; Mark10:18; Luke18:19

Motion & Repose
    Labored In & Of Borne

In The Oven

When The Pilot IS Lit...Your Life Will BE...The Turn On That Passionately Aflame ...IS... Truly You.

Awakening Pon The Nap of The Earth...To Thine Own (De-Bunked) Self Be True

Making FEAR your Friend, That in the least ...You Are... Unafraid of Being Afraid... Within The Living of Your Life... As You.
    12179860_f496.jpg
    epicearthmoonstill.jpg
    Far Side of The Moon
    Last edited by Timothy; 29th February 2016 at 07:24 PM.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAndTheAbyss View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has some tips to help me understand where my apathy comes from
    Just as a guess, it's probably a learned defence mechanism. You, like all human beings, had stuff in your life, starting in childhood, that upset you, overwhelmed you, frightened you, whatever. We all find ways to deal with that stuff. My mother learned (and has never bothered to un-learn) not to think too much, not to put two and two together. I used to dissociate quite deeply, and I used humour and my quick wit to deflect when I could. My husband just went into his shell like a turtle and was pretty much oblivious to social/emotional things that he couldn't deal with. These habits stay with us, even if we identify them and learn new ways to cope.

The problem with addressing and getting rid of these things is you're left vulnerable for a while, and also, when you take away the apathy or the dissociation or the ignorance or the oblivion or whatever, you have to deal with ALL the stuff you were avoiding by using those deflections. So it's tricky business, to say the least. It also takes a great deal of courage and determination.

Note that this is all very general, and I make no assumptions about you or your life. I'm just speaking from many years of experience and observation of human behaviours.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Just as a guess, it's probably a learned defence mechanism. You, like all human beings, had stuff in your life, starting in childhood, that upset you, overwhelmed you, frightened you, whatever. We all find ways to deal with that stuff. My mother learned (and has never bothered to un-learn) not to think too much, not to put two and two together. I used to dissociate quite deeply, and I used humour and my quick wit to deflect when I could. My husband just went into his shell like a turtle and was pretty much oblivious to social/emotional things that he couldn't deal with. These habits stay with us, even if we identify them and learn new ways to cope.

The problem with addressing and getting rid of these things is you're left vulnerable for a while, and also, when you take away the apathy or the dissociation or the ignorance or the oblivion or whatever, you have to deal with ALL the stuff you were avoiding by using those deflections. So it's tricky business, to say the least. It also takes a great deal of courage and determination.

Note that this is all very general, and I make no assumptions about you or your life. I'm just speaking from many years of experience and observation of human behaviours.
    Outstandinding!!!! My life is a constant continuum of gathering from my self-perpetuating disasters. Apparently I am a pure idiot. Self-honesty is about all one has ... when ya come right down to "it". At least if ya own your own...ya can freely give it out. Maybe that's all there is...after all. Perhaps the greatest understanding of all is that most all of life... simply cannot be understood. At some juncture it becomes too unavoidably apparent that standing under one's honest to god own ...is about all ya ever got. The caterpillar that's always the bahavioral predecessor of every butterfly's dreams that habitually fly none-the-less.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    The caterpillar that's always the bahavioral predecessor of every butterfly's dreams that habitually fly none-the-less.
    Unfortunately, caterpillars may not even be aware that it's possible to be a butterfly. And metamorphosis is a long, slow, probably painful process (it is for some of us, anyway).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

6. Re: What do you know about apathy?

Thanks Timothy and BW, and everybody. I realise I didn't make it clear at the begining that I was asking for my own personal reasons so I'm sorry if you felt like I did the ol' bait and switch. I really appreciate you all taking the time to share your thoughts.

I guess I tried to avoid the shame I felt by distancing this from "me". It's been easier to point to something and say "Hey, that is the problem and it wont go away, I've even given it a name".

Moving forward, it looks like I need to explore myself a bit, start asking questions again and build up an attitude of openness and honesty, to bring the apathetic parts of myself back to a place of awareness and understanding. I need to take responsibility for them so I can feel whole again. Perhaps then I can begin to change...

Thanks again guys,
    Phoenix

Thanks Timothy and BW, and everybody. I realise I didn't make it clear at the begining that I was asking for my own personal reasons so I'm sorry if you felt like I did the ol' bait and switch. I really appreciate you all taking the time to share your thoughts.

I guess I tried to avoid the shame I felt by distancing this from "me". It's been easier to point to something and say "Hey, that is the problem and it wont go away, I've even given it a name".

Moving forward, it looks like I need to explore myself a bit, start asking questions again and build up an attitude of openness and honesty, to bring the apathetic parts of myself back to a place of awareness and understanding. I need to take responsibility for them so I can feel whole again. Perhaps then I can begin to change...

Thanks again guys,
    Phoenix
    Phoenix,

How You treat your Self is everything. How You would have your Self treated by You is just as important, if not more, than how You would have others treat You.

aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRmJsb2cuZnJlZXBlb3BsZS5jb20lMkZ3cC1jb250ZW50JTJGdXBsb2FkcyUyRjIwMTYlMkYwMiUyRlNp.jpg

Me my Self & I <~ I inwardly responsive through my Self am receiving accountability of everything that is Me.

As if to say that You through the auspices of your Self are accepting this Me of yours as a Ward under your responsible custody, understanding tutelage and patient care. LOVE

aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRmJsb2cuZnJlZXBlb3BsZS5jb20lMkZ3cC1jb250ZW50JTJGdXBsb2FkcyUyRjIwMTYlMkYwMiUyRlNp.jpg

In that your Me is everything, understand that most of which Me has to reveal does not belong to Me. As to say, a child has in its hand something to show You, and You are to determine what this object is and to what extent, if any, that it might belong to Me. "Does this belong to Me?"

"If You dont belong, then don't be long"

The translation of what "I" is or isn't...is where "Thou" begins within the ends of that which does not belong to Me.

In other words, your Self is your translation, That which through <~> All things (everything) within your self-relating are/is trans-lated.

Shakespeare said...much ado about nothing.

Jesus said, for thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory.

Statements like these tell us that it's not a matter of losing everything, but rather, it's a matter of patiently understanding that nothing is our's to begin with, this even as everything as translatable is ours to trans-late to within our uniquely given relationships with/within everything that is our Me.

Me is the re-membrance to your constituent body of, within which do You reside. The body of is withal to within...your everything translatable.
    ~
    Falling out of the tree...standing up firmly grounded....

What I think matters very little; What I imagine to know amounts as nothing; What I may begin to understand is where these two ends well meet to within my hearted trust. Y

13542183-Girl-raising-her-hands-during-sunset-at-the-beach-Stock-Photo-worship-relaxation-praise.jpg

I Surrender All That I Am To You, That You In Turn May Reveal To Me What Everything Truly Is Just For Me.
    ~
    [Me my Self & I] = The Body Of You

I pray You find the Fourth, That You as Re-Presentative Whole to your body of...might ask, "What now may We say of Our Self?"
    Last edited by Timothy; 4th March 2016 at 05:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Totally understand that. Been there, done that (I have been known to lapse into apathy/depression on occasion. Used to be quite severe at times. Now it's not really an issue, thankfully.)

Absolutely. This is a huge step, and a huge realisation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2