Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magick not working?

Magick not working?

I have noticed a lot of people who used to practice occultism are now against it, saying it doesn't work and it's all in our heads. I have already written an article about the psychology paradigm and its pitfalls so I would like to link you there. For the rest of this article I am going to write a set of conditions you should follow for your practice to have fruits.

Keep a journal
    I have written this over million times now, yet some people still don't get the hint. Journal helps you to remember things better, track your progress, track your results for later analysis AND it gives you important stimuli for times when you are in doubt. A journal is a must for every occultist.

Also, if your operation goes awry, write it to your journal as well, for example if you mispronounce some name, if you forget some move or simply when you are just not feeling it, write it all down. That way you will get doubts out of your head and later when checking results you can say: "Ok, I didn't do A and B and the operation failed" or: "I forgot to do A and I did B instead of C, yet the operation worked, so A and B might not be as important".

Steady practice
    People who quit Magick tend to have very intense, but shortlived practices. Hours of meditations for practiced for 1 month at most. It is better to meditate daily 5 minutes for a full year than meditate 2+ hours for 2 weeks. Steady practice is really important as you cannot boil water if you keep putting it off the stove.

Steady practice also allows to create a habit of doing Magick, that is also very important for the change of perspective I have mentioned in article "Defeating theory, part III". Also if you practice isn't steady, you shouldn't consider that everyone has the same problems you do.

Have fun
    What I have noticed a lot in those who over-practice is they hate their practices. They hate doing the daily routine they chose for themselves. Your practice should be enjoyable, have fun. If your practice starts boring you, change it a bit, experiment with new things and always make sure to track it.

Integrate
    People also claim they do not have time for steady practice. Of course you do have time, a normal person sleeps for about 7 to 9 hours, that still gives us 17 to 15 hours of waking time. Not only that, but also a lot of practices can be integrated into the mundane life. For example in the "Sex and Magick" article I have mentioned a practice you can do every time you sit. Similarly you can take a 5 minutes of your lunch time for meditation. During lunch you can also practice conscious eating and drinking (mentioned in Magickal Curriculum). During boring meetings you can practice telekinesis on your cup of coffee. The point is that Magick should become the integral part of your life, not something you add to your already existing schedule.

Avoid unneeded reductionism
    I have heard that a lot from quitters. "I don't need to do the death posture, just focusing on the sigil does the work for me". Or "I don't need to draw sigils, I will just focus on my wish and via Law of Attraction the universe manifest my desires". They also tend to argue with others about using "pointless" rituals. Later such person quits and says that Magick doesn't work. Well, are you sure Magick doesn't work when you never tried it?

I am not saying that modification and reduction aren't needed, I am chaote, after all. But this method of working should be done AFTER you already had some visible and verifiable results, AFTER you got your feet wet in the rivers of Magick. I have it hard to look at, when someone claims about how many things are not needed in Magick, not much because of them, but because of their readers. These people tend to find followers quite quickly. People who believe them and believe in their words. Imagine the betrayal when such a person, person viewed as the spark of light in the moments of darkness, turns out to be quitter and claims that Magick doesn't work.

To explain this a little better I will return to my original "boiling water" example. Normal and educated reductionism says you do not need to salt the water and you can still boil it. Or you can omit the lid of the pot and still boil the water, it will take longer time and more water will vaporize and get lost, but you will boil it. Uneducated and inexperienced point of view usually leads to "you don't need the pot or the stove to boil the water", so in one case a cold water will keep sitting in the pot doing nothing and in the other you will pour water right on the stove, effectively putting of the flame.

Keep an open mind
    Belief is one of the most important aspects. The belief in success of your operation is vital for your Magick to work. And such a believe must be limitless. Now, I am not saying you should believe whatever you want and don't have any doubts at all. All I say is everything has its time. Don't be negative before and during the operation. But during the analysis of results be a little skeptical, it's actually needed to avoid the confirmation bias (the very same confirmation bias that reductionists suffer during their early stages).

Blog Entries

Re: Magick not working?

Good one. Especially the 'integrate' one.
    BTW, what if you start association your magickal practices with unpleasant 'possibly karmatic' types of things? Other than applying logic, that is.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Well, I guess that conclusion could appear easily, especially if you believe in western take on karma. What westerners believe to be karma could be summed up as the law of reflection. In case of law of reflection if you use too much energy which then isn't spent on the working itself, it then returns back to us with whatever it is dragging. To avoid this problem one should either limit the energy output or use some protection mechanism (succubi and avatars are a good choice for this one).

Blog Entries

Thanks.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I suppose you could consider the situation from the "quitter's" perspective. When someone comes into this they most likely are very curious because they never encounter these sort of things in their normal mundane lives. They decide they want to learn, but they still aren't sure if it's real so they are looking for any kind of first hand experience that will verify that magic is actually real.

Also they get excited about this "journey" they are going to go on that is probably going to solve a lot of "problems" in their lives. They start talking about it, using other people's words but still haven't experienced anything for themselves. Additionally all this person has is some words to go on as it seem's like they would be hard pressed to find anyone to demonstrate real magic, real miracles.

The thing is that what they are doing is similar to breathing life back into an atrophied limb, that's never been used before, and even after a long time of working towards a goal they might not accept whatever happens as actual results because it was so minuscule and most likely happened by accident.

So they "fail the test" for the same reason they would fail anything else in life because they gave up when the going got rough.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Good one. Especially the 'integrate' one.
    BTW, what if you start association your magickal practices with unpleasant 'possibly karmatic' types of things? Other than applying logic, that is.
    This is inarguably correct, to consider and weigh personal intent vs personally answerable to. Is best to be one's own answer first...then to have to answer up...to the begging question.

Would I recognize my Self if I ran into Me on the Street?

What IS...to Rue the Run? Ache

Fore Ex-Ample...considering actual (all inclusive) change having already come to be...given For...Us all...each in every of One.

what-is-the-holy-spirit-dove.jpg

How to say that where there had been two from nap up unto the third, there is Now the Third as One...at the very nap of, whereas Everything and the SYNC is all inclusively and immediately begging the question answerable to.

Is no wonder that there is a falling away to those that within the two...they as practitioners...became (even yet coming) two faced with the begging question.

When at first You answer to your Self, then where is there an answering to Me (with legs twisting around each other)...as I faced with the begging question...You answerable to Me.

Lest You...your BE-head lost, do not underestimate...the body of...You. IS not the flesh, sinew and bone...of the Mother...amply fore-given? Matt. 13:8; Mark 4:8

6feacf282c22b8c3f66c85ffcf59588a.jpg

Say My Name - http://youtu.be/9Kb123eOpA0

No-Body puts Baby in a Corner. ~ Dirty Dancing

Baby, I love You...how's it shakin?

"To be both flowers: one that vines up the wall to climb and take note from afar, and one that blooms boldly in sync with everyone else..." ~ Jacqui Suskin

~ Hanging On ITI Crossing Over ~

Blessed is him Who crucifies his world, before his world crucifies him. ~ Jesus

Blessed is him Who eats the lion and the lion becomes him. Cursed is him whom the lion eats and the lion becomes him. ~ Jesus

2000px-Illustration_to_Euclid's_proof_of_the_Pythagorean_theorem.svg.jpg
    In Time of Time
    .....over Time.....

Contemplate vs Plated Self-Contempt

Angels - http://youtu.be/_nW5AF0m9Zw

Daily Bread vs Last Supper

If I am not for my Self, then Who is for Me? If I am only for my Self, then What am I? If not Now, when? ~ Hillel

Have You the gift of Gab my Friend, that would EmBellish forth to Send; as seed Now sown into the Way, that grows in Life becoming of the One & only living Day? 25

Who is like God? ~ Michael...Who is like God.

Ref. Jude 1:9; 1 Thes. 4:13-18; Hebrews 1:13-14; Matt.22:29-32; Matt.22:41-46
    Last edited by Timothy; 10th March 2016 at 10:33 PM.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Frater.Akenu View Post
    I have noticed a lot of people who used to practice occultism are now against it, saying it doesn't work and it's all in our heads. I have already written an article about the psychology paradigm and its pitfalls so I would like to link you there. For the rest of this article I am going to write a set of conditions you should follow for your practice to have fruits.

Keep a journal
    I have written this over million times now, yet some people still don't get the hint. Journal helps you to remember things better, track your progress, track your results for later analysis AND it gives you important stimuli for times when you are in doubt. A journal is a must for every occultist.

Also, if your operation goes awry, write it to your journal as well, for example if you mispronounce some name, if you forget some move or simply when you are just not feeling it, write it all down. That way you will get doubts out of your head and later when checking results you can say: "Ok, I didn't do A and B and the operation failed" or: "I forgot to do A and I did B instead of C, yet the operation worked, so A and B might not be as important".

Steady practice
    People who quit Magick tend to have very intense, but shortlived practices. Hours of meditations for practiced for 1 month at most. It is better to meditate daily 5 minutes for a full year than meditate 2+ hours for 2 weeks. Steady practice is really important as you cannot boil water if you keep putting it off the stove.

Steady practice also allows to create a habit of doing Magick, that is also very important for the change of perspective I have mentioned in article "Defeating theory, part III". Also if you practice isn't steady, you shouldn't consider that everyone has the same problems you do.

Have fun
    What I have noticed a lot in those who over-practice is they hate their practices. They hate doing the daily routine they chose for themselves. Your practice should be enjoyable, have fun. If your practice starts boring you, change it a bit, experiment with new things and always make sure to track it.

Integrate
    People also claim they do not have time for steady practice. Of course you do have time, a normal person sleeps for about 7 to 9 hours, that still gives us 17 to 15 hours of waking time. Not only that, but also a lot of practices can be integrated into the mundane life. For example in the "Sex and Magick" article I have mentioned a practice you can do every time you sit. Similarly you can take a 5 minutes of your lunch time for meditation. During lunch you can also practice conscious eating and drinking (mentioned in Magickal Curriculum). During boring meetings you can practice telekinesis on your cup of coffee. The point is that Magick should become the integral part of your life, not something you add to your already existing schedule.

Avoid unneeded reductionism
    I have heard that a lot from quitters. "I don't need to do the death posture, just focusing on the sigil does the work for me". Or "I don't need to draw sigils, I will just focus on my wish and via Law of Attraction the universe manifest my desires". They also tend to argue with others about using "pointless" rituals. Later such person quits and says that Magick doesn't work. Well, are you sure Magick doesn't work when you never tried it?

I am not saying that modification and reduction aren't needed, I am chaote, after all. But this method of working should be done AFTER you already had some visible and verifiable results, AFTER you got your feet wet in the rivers of Magick. I have it hard to look at, when someone claims about how many things are not needed in Magick, not much because of them, but because of their readers. These people tend to find followers quite quickly. People who believe them and believe in their words. Imagine the betrayal when such a person, person viewed as the spark of light in the moments of darkness, turns out to be quitter and claims that Magick doesn't work.

To explain this a little better I will return to my original "boiling water" example. Normal and educated reductionism says you do not need to salt the water and you can still boil it. Or you can omit the lid of the pot and still boil the water, it will take longer time and more water will vaporize and get lost, but you will boil it. Uneducated and inexperienced point of view usually leads to "you don't need the pot or the stove to boil the water", so in one case a cold water will keep sitting in the pot doing nothing and in the other you will pour water right on the stove, effectively putting of the flame.

Keep an open mind
    Belief is one of the most important aspects. The belief in success of your operation is vital for your Magick to work. And such a believe must be limitless. Now, I am not saying you should believe whatever you want and don't have any doubts at all. All I say is everything has its time. Don't be negative before and during the operation. But during the analysis of results be a little skeptical, it's actually needed to avoid the confirmation bias (the very same confirmation bias that reductionists suffer during their early stages).

Or ask a Goddess to teach you instead
    silly rabbit , trix are for kids .

It depends on your practice .

Q: what is the reason for magic?
    A: beauty. one knows infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    Q: what is the reason for magic?
    A: beauty. one knows infinity.
    that's a page from Lord Chronos diary. the inverted 8.
    silly rabbit , trix are for kids .