Thread: Have OBE's changed your views on death? [Survey]

1. Have OBE's changed your views on death? [Survey]

Have you ever had an NDE, OBE or other non-ordinary experience that altered your views or understanding of death? If so The States of Consciousness Research Team at Johns Hopkins would like to hear about it. This team is doing amazing work and is worthy of support, and any feedback would be much appreciated.

http://www.deathanddyingsurvey.org/home.html

Blog Entries

Re: Have OBE's changed your views on death? [Survey]

I think I saw this same questionnaire link in the Explorations in Consciousness forum.
    It's ok to leave it, just easy with the links, pls.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

3. Re: Have OBE's changed your views on death? [Survey]

Hey CFTraveler, yeah it is there too, and on a few other forums. I think it is really quite important to spread the word far and wide on important topics like this, personally, this post will reach people here that it won't on the other forums. It seems that the OBE community is actually pretty small, but they have a very valid and important contribution to make to this kind of research. The team at Johns Hopkins are doing amazing research on consciousness, and every person that completes their survey and adds to their data pool is helping move things along in a positive direction, I think people's input here would be very much appreciated. If I didn't think it wasn't important, I wouldn't share it in this way. I hope that makes sense.

4. Re: Have OBE's changed your views on death? [Survey]

Hi peeps, I've been in recent email contact with Prof Roland Griffiths, head of the consciousness research team at Johns Hopkins behind this study (I've met him, great chap), and they're having trouble making up the numbers data wise from this survey...he provided some more information on it which I've shared below...I know any and all survey feedback would be very much appreciated by him and his team.

Dear Friends,

The States of Consciousness Research Team at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine needs your help. We are conducting an anonymous online survey of Near Death Experiences (NDE's), Out of Body Experiences (OBE's) or other non-ordinary experiences that fundamentally altered beliefs or understanding about death and dying.

If you have ever had such an experience, we would greatly appreciate it if you would take our survey. If you know of others who have had such an experience please send them the link and encourage them to participate. This includes people who had such an experience long ago.

Although the survey could take 30+ minutes (the time length can vary based on how much you choose to reply to open-ended questions), we believe you may find this survey interesting.

REASONS TO TAKE THE SURVEY:

1. The survey is an opportunity to revisit and contemplate a significant and possibly transformative experience.
    2. You may find it meaningful to further explore some of the philosophical implications of your experience.
    3. You will be making a unique and important scientific contribution.

Please share: http://www.deathanddyingsurvey.org/home.html

We deeply appreciate your help. Thank you.

Roland Griffiths, Ph.D.
    Principal Investigator
    Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
    IRB approved application: IRB00080423

5. Re: Have OBE's changed your views on death? [Survey]

Hi y'all, I just heard from the head of the consciousness research team at Johns Hopkins and he made a final request for help getting the word out regarding this survey...500 people have completed it so far but they are seeking 1,000 participants for sound statistical analysis of the data...an ambitious number I know! Any further feedback or help spreading the word I know would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.