Thread: Visible light sparks

1. Visible light sparks

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this post, or it it's really related to energy work, but I seem to notice this the most at times when I have been doing some sort of energy practices. At completely unpredictable times, I will suddenly see what looks like a little spark of light. It will appear somewhere close to the center of my visual field and slowly move towards a side, lasting for a few seconds, and then it will be gone. I've seen this at all levels of light; I can be outside in the summer sun, inside in a fairly dark room, or in a normal level of room light.

I know I can rule out any kind of eye or nerve problem. For unrelated reasons (a recent problem with focusing just one eye), I recently had a full ophthalmology exam and an MRI of the orbits and brain to look for a potential unilateral compression of the optic nerve, and there were no abnormalities visible. The issue I saw the ophthalmologist about is only affecting one eye, and had a recent onset, but this visual spark of light has happened for several years, and when it happens, if I cover first one eye and then the other, it is equally visible with either eye.

I'm not sure if it is related to the energy practices or not, but it does seem to happen the most often at times when I have been doing some sort of energy practice. It doesn't happen while doing energy work or while meditating, but at times when I have been doing a lot of those things, I'll just notice this at random times during the day. I will be in the middle of doing something, and suddenly I will see this for a few seconds, and then it passes.

Do other people experience something like this when doing a lot of energy work practices? I've been really curious about what could cause it. Maybe the energy work causes some stimulation of the optic nerves or visual cortex that discharges a few hours later? Or maybe just spending a lot of time meditating causes me to notice a more subtle thing related to a vascular process in the eye that would normally not be noticed? I would be interested in any ideas or experience people might about with something like this.

Re: Visible light sparks

Hi semipelican,

When I read what you wrote it awoken a thought in me....tear in the veil.....I am sure soon it will open up to a new dimension.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Re: Visible light sparks

Hello.

I know exactly what you’re describing. I’ve heard it referred to by a few names such as ‘Floaters’ or ’Ribbons’. I’ve experienced it many times and continue to see them from time to time, and just like you at different light levels or during different daily activities. If you remain non-reactive to their presence they often times take on distinct shapes or oscillate a series of colours at different paces before moving sharply out of your line of sight.

I’m not sure what to tell you in terms of what causes it other than doing regular sustained Energy Work as this has been the case for me.

Cheers,
    Malathion.
    "Curvature of time - not a straight line." - Nik Turner.