Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soul mate or female side ?

LightMan Guest

Soul mate or female side ?

When I was in my teens (I'm 28 now) I had this dream that I was in black leathers on a motorbike riding up and down the street nearby. It was a bright sunny day (like most days in my dreams are) and I come across another rider who starts to pull wheelies and stuff. Ah cool, I thought, I'll try that. After spending a short time riding around and pulling stunts, I decide to have a chat to whoever this person is. I walk up to the person and as she takes off her helmet I can see that she has long dark wavy hair, but I can't make out her face - its all blurred and no features show through. I feel attracted to this girl and feel I know her intimately yet I don't know who she is. I can't recall if I had a chat with her or not, but can recall going home, entering the back garden and then waking up. For days afterwards I could not shake the dream away.

Over the years I've discussed with others if it was my soul mate that I had met in my dream and someone suggested it could have been my female side (which I don't understand what that is) manifested as a person. I prefer the soul mate explanation myself and I feel that the face was hidden on purpose. I really don't know why that is.

If you've had a similar experience, please tell me what you made of it.

and what I'm wanting to know is your opinion,

do you think she was my soul mate ?

or my female side (yeah, what is that ?) ?

or any other explanation ?

Blog Entries
    Over the years I've discussed with others if it was my soul mate that I had met in my dream and someone suggested it could have been my female side (which I don't understand what that is) manifested as a person. I prefer the soul mate explanation myself and I feel that the face was hidden on purpose. I really don't know why that is.
    -Lightman

anima: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_(Jung)
    "It can be identified as all the unconscious feminine psychological qualities that a male possesses..."

In other words, there are characteristics that society sees as feminine: Nurturing, creative, emotional, etc. The anima would be the part of your soul (or psychology) that embodies your particular traits.

ps. As for your dream, I have no opinion on what it signified, as I don't know you. But you should trust your instincts on this. Did you see traits in her that are part of you? Trust yourself.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

LightMan Guest
    -Lightman

anima: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_(Jung)
    "It can be identified as all the unconscious feminine psychological qualities that a male possesses..."

In other words, there are characteristics that society sees as feminine: Nurturing, creative, emotional, etc. The anima would be the part of your soul (or psychology) that embodies your particular traits.
    Ahh, I see. I understand now. Thanks !

ps. As for your dream, I have no opinion on what it signified, as I don't know you. But you should trust your instincts on this. Did you see traits in her that are part of you? Trust yourself.
    Yes. We both have wavy brown hair and were of similar height in the dream. Also had the feeling that we were "the same."
    Come to think of it she does have resemblance to an old school crush that I had on someone, but she was somewhat smaller than I. However, I have had many dreams about that crush over the years since and her face was never hidden.

My instincts tell me she is someone who exists in the real world who is a perfect match for me and that the dream experience could be a reminder that she is out there somewhere. But why the hidden face ?

Serenity Guest
    Though I'm not 100% sure on what the representation of your female side means to those who told you that, in my thoughts, this isn't the case.

First off, just out of my curiousity, did you believe in soul mates before you had this dream? Did the idea of her being your soul mate come right away after you had the dream or did the possibility occur to you some time afterwards when you found yourself still thinking about it?

Also, you state that you had a feeling of "the same." Could you explain that further? Was it a feeling more of familiarity? Did it venture over into completeness or stay within some other category? Did you feel as if you were meeting yourself or a counterpart to you? In other words, a part of you versus a complement to you?

Has she ever been a comparison - that you know of - to other girlfriends or just female friends of yours?

Just some general comments - It doesn't surprise me that you both have wavy brown hair and are of similar height. Opposites may attract, but more often couples look similar in one way or another. I think that could have been a focus of the theory of your female self whereas I just see it as fuel for the soul mate theory.

I think I could say more with the questions above answered.

~Serenity

LightMan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity
    Though I'm not 100% sure on what the representation of your female side means to those who told you that, in my thoughts, this isn't the case.

First off, just out of my curiousity, did you believe in soul mates before you had this dream?
    Did the idea of her being your soul mate come right away after you had the dream or did the possibility occur to you some time afterwards when you found yourself still thinking about it?
    Never, the first time I heard about them was through a counsellor I went to see when I had a rough patch at university. She told me that everyone has a soul mate and that we spend our lives searching for them but we are not always successful and its not easy to find them. It may take many lifetimes to find them. But when you do find your soul mate its something that is very rewarding and you feel complete and so on. My counsellor was a very spiritual person. I did believe what she told me right then and there and shortly after linked that explanation to my dream.

Also, you state that you had a feeling of "the same." Could you explain that further? Was it a feeling more of familiarity? Did it venture over into completeness or stay within some other category? Did you feel as if you were meeting yourself or a counterpart to you? In other words, a part of you versus a complement to you?
    When I first met her she felt like a someone that I haven't met before yet had an instant attraction to. She definately felt like a counterpart to me and very like me as the dream progressed. I don't think it felt like meeting myself as such, its hard to be clear on this as the memories of the dream do feel very distant yet some facts remain.

Do you have any theories as to why her face was hidden ?
    Has she ever been a comparison - that you know of - to other girlfriends or just female friends of yours?
    Kind of, I guess the old crush at school serves as a comparison some times because she was close to 'perfect' in my eyes and had most of the characteristics of the girl in my dream.
    Just some general comments - It doesn't surprise me that you both have wavy brown hair and are of similar height. Opposites may attract, but more often couples look similar in one way or another. I think that could have been a focus of the theory of your female self whereas I just see it as fuel for the soul mate theory.
    I've noticed that too about couples looking similar in one way or another. My brother and his wife have some similar features and they do "mirror" each other at times in the way they talk, body language etc, but the major difference is hair colour.

I'm learning more towards the soul mate theory now .

Serenity Guest
    Never, the first time I heard about them was through a counsellor I went to see when I had a rough patch at university. She told me that everyone has a soul mate and that we spend our lives searching for them but we are not always successful and its not easy to find them. It may take many lifetimes to find them. But when you do find your soul mate its something that is very rewarding and you feel complete and so on. My counsellor was a very spiritual person. I did believe what she told me right then and there and shortly after linked that explanation to my dream.

~ I agree with her points about soul mates. Why I asked is that if you had heard of them before, you might have applied it prematurely and it probably would have slightly skewed things. However, given that you heard of them after, I’m still on the soul mate track.

When I first met her she felt like a someone that I haven't met before yet had an instant attraction to. She definately felt like a counterpart to me and very like me as the dream progressed. I don't think it felt like meeting myself as such, its hard to be clear on this as the memories of the dream do feel very distant yet some facts remain.

~ Yes. The things that really cut through to your inner self remained while the other details would become fuzzier over time. I asked because this makes figuring out her role in who she is easier. The counterpart feeling doesn’t necessarily point to one end or the other, though. The counterpart feeling could be the yin and yang of the male and female within you. However, your true soul mate should be your counterpoint, so another vote for that option.

Do you have any theories as to why her face was hidden ?

~ I look at it in what I feel is a simple way to explain it. Pretend you saw this woman’s face. You knew all her features. Now imagine you saw her walking down the street or in your favorite restaurant. Undoubtedly you would recognize your soul mate and go after her. I think her face being blurry lets fate do its thing. It lets thing progress in a more natural fashion.

Kind of, I guess the old crush at school serves as a comparison some times because she was close to 'perfect' in my eyes and had most of the characteristics of the girl in my dream.

~ Well, I feel that in our lives, we can have "near" soul mates. That's how we can be happy with those who are not our soul mates. I'm sure not all of us marry our soul mates in every life.

I hope some of this has helped.

oath Guest
    Ive had many similar experiences lightman, and I also believe it is what you would call a soulmate. Ive been having these sorts of dreams since before I can remember. The girl in question doesnt look much like me except for her slim body. Also I feel a very strong attraction to her as if she is the most beautiful person I ever saw as well as feeling and even having some proof that this person exists in the real world. As to how to find them I would say to be yourself and to not attempt to form yourself to the world but more so to have the world form to you. In other words, be graceful and happy, not forceful and desperate or worried. Then perhaps you will obtain what you desire and more.

Be yourself

LightMan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity
    ~ I agree with her points about soul mates. Why I asked is that if you had heard of them before, you might have applied it prematurely and it probably would have slightly skewed things. However, given that you heard of them after, I’m still on the soul mate track.
    Sounds good to me .

~ Yes. The things that really cut through to your inner self remained while the other details would become fuzzier over time. I asked because this makes figuring out her role in who she is easier. The counterpart feeling doesn’t necessarily point to one end or the other, though. The counterpart feeling could be the yin and yang of the male and female within you. However, your true soul mate should be your counterpoint, so another vote for that option.
    I feel this is true as well.

~ I look at it in what I feel is a simple way to explain it. Pretend you saw this woman’s face. You knew all her features. Now imagine you saw her walking down the street or in your favorite restaurant. Undoubtedly you would recognize your soul mate and go after her. I think her face being blurry lets fate do its thing. It lets thing progress in a more natural fashion.
    I understand what you are saying here and I guess that if I recognised her face on meeting her I would probably be scared of messing things up so nothing comes of it. I tend to be more successful with people when I don't think about things too much and put too much importance on things, when I've done the opposite in the past I felt that I had messed things up. Maybe its best that I'm not familiar with my soulmate's features so that everything happens naturally and the way it should be on meeting. Don't you find social situations that much easier when you handle them as they happen and not worry about what your going to say, how you should act etc. basically being yourself is the key to all these things and more. God knows that I learned that the hard way.

~ Well, I feel that in our lives, we can have "near" soul mates. That's how we can be happy with those who are not our soul mates. I'm sure not all of us marry our soul mates in every life.
    I get that feeling too. Although my parents had a good relationship going until they got married, it was when marriage life set in that things began to go wrong. To cut a long story short they both ended up hating one another and naturally my brother and I were dragged into their arguments. In the end they were hardly soulmates, not even near ones, but they stayed together for 25 years. I've felt since that maybe they were not right for each other to begin with (for marriage anyway) and what I experienced growing up was what happens when your parents aren't right for one another. Its made me follow my heart more than anything else since I don't want to make the same mistakes. However, my parents are on a friendly basis now and there is no conflict at all between them - maybe they should have just stayed friends to begin with, but then of course I wouldn't be here now so I'm grateful in many ways.

I hope some of this has helped.
    Yes, it has very much . Thankyou so much for responding to my questions, its clarified things more having someone elses take on things, I'm very grateful for that .

LightMan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oath
    Ive had many similar experiences lightman, and I also believe it is what you would call a soulmate. Ive been having these sorts of dreams since before I can remember. The girl in question doesnt look much like me except for her slim body. Also I feel a very strong attraction to her as if she is the most beautiful person I ever saw as well as feeling and even having some proof that this person exists in the real world.
    My gut tells me that whoever it is that I dreamed off, she is real and out there but I know that I may never meet her. At least in this life anyway, if there is reincarnation which I do think about at times.

I just remembered that a few weeks after talking with my counsellor I was in eating a burger on my own at KFC about 8 years ago. This women walked passed the window and gave me a very intense look. I could not help but gaze back, something I rarely do unless I know who it is. Anyway, as she passed I thought "My God, she's perfect (and I guess she reminds of that girl from high school)."
    I dropped my burger and walked outside, but she was gone. I could not see her anywhere and it wasn't busy outside. I guess she must have gone into a shop a little further down, but I decided to go back in and finish my burger. Afterward I did have a look around for her, but no luck. I told my flatmates when I returned about what had happened and what my counsellor had told me about soulmates and stuff, but they just said "Nah, maybe she just recognised you from uni' or something."

As to how to find them I would say to be yourself and to not attempt to form yourself to the world but more so to have the world form to you. In other words, be graceful and happy, not forceful and desperate or worried. Then perhaps you will obtain what you desire and more.

Be yourself
    I guess your right, I just posted a reply to Serenity about this but you explain it better than I .

oath Guest
    Glad you like my reasoning lightman As to the above about seeing her, I have had the same thing happen. Which is another reason I say dont force it, because, and I feel quite silly saying this mind you, mysterious forces are at work, or at least they seem to be.

Good luck