Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brain is not storage site of memories

Blog Entries

Re: Brain is not storage site of memories

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Unfortunately, the publication beings with a big inaccuracy. Maybe ten years ago scientists didn't know of any part of the brain that was used to store memories, but nowadays that is not exactly true. It was true when Dr. Sheldrake published his book (which I have, BTW) but many discoveries have happened since.
    True
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

So if I imagine, let's say, a pink elephant with wings, where is he in the brain? In the synaptic gaps, swimming on the chemical bubbles of neurotransmitters there?

I remember an experiment where the claim to make pictures that one remembes or imagines visable on the screen. But how this comes about by a combination of neurons firing is still a mystery to me. Maybe they correlated firing neuron patterns to colours and forms and displayed them on the screen, but it is not the 'actual' thing that the consciousness experiences. It's like you're given coordinates and re-create a piece of art. Drawing by numbers, so to speak.

Also what was interesting, they once showed a cat 'seeing' a human and the human had a cat face, but it was all blurry. Of course it would be possible to make pictures visible by any theory (inside or outside) because, as I see it, the Random Access Computer we call brain within the Body Computer we call our body has certainly a capacity to display things for the 'seeing consciousness' and it might be a kind of holographic "copy" of what is experienced in non-local time space akashic memory blah blah and so on ..you get me what I'm trying to say.
    This collector of useless clutter.

I love the old silent picture show called Metropolis. It is indicative of a "modernity" whereof ignorance is nurtured into arrogance, where brains/bodies are reckoned as computers.

The real war has always been spiritual warfare...for in this world...wars are promoted vanities based upon no more than thoughtless thoughts bearing no degree of spiritedness that reckons the body...her...as worthy, and the brain...city...as deserving of its rightful people's brevities.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Neurons take up and release neurochemicals across synaptic gaps using a mechanism involving osmotic pressure that signals a propagation of an electrical charge. Bundles of neurons take up, charge and release neurochemicals in infinitely complex patterns across all brain areas. Cognitive science has pinpointed and named brain areas that handle memory associations by demonstrating that the areas are more active when memories are evoked.

Here's a link

http://thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/d/d_...07_cr_tra.html
    Last edited by Dreamweaver; 15th April 2016 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
    Neurons take up and release neurochemicals across synaptic gaps using a mechanism involving osmotic pressure that signals a propagation of an electrical charge. Bundles of neurons take up, charge and release neurochemicals in infinitely complex patterns across all brain areas. Cognitive science has pinpointed and named brain areas that handle memory associations by demonstrating that the areas are more active when memories are evoked.

Here's a link

Exactly. I can handle my externalized world at hand, but that world is not stored in my brain, though I am as my own unique city within/as my brain...while without...stomping around within it. Irony
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post

Here's a link

Yep. I knew all that from my medical training, you need not be a neuro-surgeon or -scientist to know that. If neuro-transmitters in their bubbles don't work then it can also be part of diseases, e.g. the muscular disease Mystenia Gravis is caused by a blocking of acetylcholine - which is also active in the brain as neurotransmitter. Dopamine missing in the brain's synapses is causing Parkinson's. Adrenaline btw is also one of those neurotransmitters in the gaps.

But as I said: The land map is not the landscape. A thought experienced is the domain of consciousness itself, and nothing else, not of brain scientists who colour maps by numbers when they see and measure neuro-synaptic patterns.

Blog Entries

I agree, it could be a nonlocal storage thing done by the brain and retrieved by the brain, but not 'in' the brain.
    I've found different groups of people with different types of bias, and I try to not fall into any of these categories, although not always successful:
    Those who want to disassociate the brain from anything important, quoting old experimentation that has been shown to be not as reported, those who want to reduce anything that 'smacks of' consciousness to chemical processes and only that, which I find equally disingenuous for other reasons.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Yes Sinera the knowledge is accessible to all, however I do educational groups on the neurochemistry of mental health disorders and addiction and thought I'd share, as it seemed folks didn't know - its not meant to tear others down.

I don't believe I shared what my particular thoughts are on the source of consciousness and emotion however.

Sorry all but I feel annoyed. I come here - have been coming here for about 15 years or more, starting with the Astral Pulse - to share interests and experiences that most people don't understand or care about, experiences that might get me labled by those who have no experience with these things as crazy - to find other people who interested in and experiencing the inexplicable - I have been searching for folks who are the real thing.

There are very few places where folks who are the real thing can be found - being here is pretty important to me as I am a practicing mental health professional who is also a Hermetic and a mystic and I have clairsentient abilities and that makes my life difficult. If I talk to the wrong people about what I experience I will be viewed as unprofessional and perhaps disturbed. When I have told people what I know and see it has scared people away.

So - Sinera - I know from experience that there is a lot more to *everything* and that experience is growing every day. I guess I also want to say that what I am looking for is understanding and friends. I am too old for ego battles.

Peace out.
    Last edited by Dreamweaver; 16th April 2016 at 05:00 AM.

Have not read or listened to it yet but here's on topic and I remembered this thread, so here it is:

http://www.skeptiko.com/stephen-brau...-in-brain-318/

Blog Entries

I'm not speaking out of personal knowledge, but a written work named, "The Emerald Tablets Of Thoth" tells of a way to remember your life, in the next one, if you perform the service he mentions.
    Grant