Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Neurons take up and release neurochemicals across synaptic gaps using a mechanism involving osmotic pressure that signals a propagation of an electrical charge. Bundles of neurons take up, charge and release neurochemicals in infinitely complex patterns across all brain areas. Cognitive science has pinpointed and named brain areas that handle memory associations by demonstrating that the areas are more active when memories are evoked.

Here's a link

http://thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/d/d_...07_cr_tra.html
Yep. I knew all that from my medical training, you need not be a neuro-surgeon or -scientist to know that. If neuro-transmitters in their bubbles don't work then it can also be part of diseases, e.g. the muscular disease Mystenia Gravis is caused by a blocking of acetylcholine - which is also active in the brain as neurotransmitter. Dopamine missing in the brain's synapses is causing Parkinson's. Adrenaline btw is also one of those neurotransmitters in the gaps.

But as I said: The land map is not the landscape. A thought experienced is the domain of consciousness itself, and nothing else, not of brain scientists who colour maps by numbers when they see and measure neuro-synaptic patterns.