Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you know that your Astral Projection isn't a dream?

Question How do you know that your Astral Projection isn't a dream?

This may or may not sound silly to someone who has astral projected before, but as someone who has yet to have their first experience, how can you tell the difference? One of the reasons I'm asking is so I know for myself that I'm out of body instead of being in a dream. Another reason is simple curiosity .

Cheers

Re: How do you know that your Astral Projection isn't a dream?

hi StrawHatPro,
    For me I've never been able to knowingly wake up in a dream to take control and take myself out of the dream into the astral proper so I cannt advise on that area.
    Instead my experiences have been induced whilst deliberately attempting to leave body therefore I would not have lost consciousness and would be aware of all sensations and what was happening.
    And believe me when your out you know your out because you've taken yourself step by step .
    The 'not loosing consciousness' leaves me in no doubt.
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

Ask yourself: what or "where" is "really" IN or OUT of body and / or IN a dream?

What means "in" and "out of" in this context?

Some of the early occultists (Theosophy) and many experts on AP and APers already believe that a dream is a projection (of the mind) too. Just into your subconscious realm.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinera View Post
    Ask yourself: what or "where" is "really" IN or OUT of body and / or IN a dream?

Some of the early occultists (Theosophy) and many experts on AP and APers already believe that a dream is a projection (of the mind) too. Just into your subconscious realm.
    Awesome!

Your Ghost - http://youtu.be/g26ed_ujqcM
    Last edited by Timothy; 17th April 2016 at 01:39 AM.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinera View Post

@Sinera, I wanted to PM you but I couldn't, because it said your inbox is full

Anyway, about what you asked- I think that if you're in a dream, you feel less conscious. You have less control over the dream. If you gain control over the dream, that's when you're in a lucid dream. If you feel for your body and come back to it (but don't move)- you can actually go out of the body. There are some techniques to do just that- like floating out of the body or sometimes just getting up (when you're more advanced). In an OBE, you have the most control over your actions, and you feel the most conscious. Did you read Robert Bruce's book? he's got great infornations about OBEs if you'd like to learn.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Ok, what I've gathered so far: so it's more of your conscious when you exit your body, so you know for a fact you left your body and that it feels different to a dream?

Prepping for readiness in your Dojo.

Waking in a Dream to find a mis-character not of your own facsimile, reach into them and pull them through their guise, up from their point of grounding venture. And therein realize that any dream is a somewhere to be or not to be...for you or for anyone...you unawares.

Life is what's happening 24/7 awake or asleep...or awake within your sleep while dreaming the dream of you dreaming a dream.

Treat your dreams as you treat your home...police your windows and doors (facsimile of characters), and entertain strangers as you would finding them in your home uninvited. Permissive vs Permission

Own Your's You Warriors... "it's" paid for. Let not Eavesdropping and Spying be occasioned within/upon You. Essene No-No
    Last edited by Timothy; 17th April 2016 at 02:03 AM.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatPro View Post
    Ok, what I've gathered so far: so it's more of your conscious when you exit your body, so you know for a fact you left your body and that it feels different to a dream?
    Dream is about lucidity spectrum, in a way. Dreaming means you are not lucid in your experience. It does not tell you about wether you are "out of" body or not in my view because this question might not be relevant. After all, you can be 'daydreaming' (and thus lose lucidity in part) in the physical too, right?

Lucid dreaming for me is the way you arrive at lucidity. Normally it is when you become more conscious in a dream and can take control and 'dissolve' the thought-responsive 'astral' elements and get into more consensus enviromnents. This might be the same environments you arrive at by inducing an "Astral Projection" via e.g. the vibrational state (from "The Void" in my case).

Finally, an OBE for me is sth that is the experience of what R. Bruce calls the Real TIme Zone, which is our Earth in timespace. Access can be via lucid dream (rarely for me) or The Void / AP access, with Remote Viewing and Clairvoyance as yet other and more 'finer' tools during wakefulness, too.

For me a 'proper' (I avoid the word 'real' here for good reason) OBE where you have no reality fluctuations (that means overlays from different planes including the physical plane, but there are energetic representations and replicas on different higher planes of it...) is done by an energetic/etheric projection. I only had two in my life. This was the only time I saw myself lying on the bed from above. So it was a mere physical layer experience, which you would probably accept only as a "real" OBE.

In all of these cases (and I repeat myself, I know) "in" or "out" of physical body does not matter that much, as well as the question of "realness" because ALL is a real experience of our MULTI-LAYERED and MULTI-DIMENSIONAL REALITY and somehow ALL is not directly attached to the body for me. Bodies are vessels of consciousness, not consciousness itself. Do not get too attached to "bodies" and questions of "real"ness. Rather ask yourself always, what does this experience (dream, lucid dream, AP/OBE) mean to me? For personal evolution: What can I learn of it? Also, for educational purposes: What can I do better next time? Etc.
    This collector of useless clutter.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

The same mind that spins up the dream environment spins up the waking environment. The only difference being the part of the brain active/dominant in the creation and the amount of presence on the table. The boundaries are conceptual. This moment is a projection.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSail View Post
    The same mind that spins up the dream environment spins up the waking environment. The only difference being the part of the brain active/dominant in the creation and the amount of presence on the table. The boundaries are conceptual. This moment is a projection.

Soul
    Awesome!

Let It All Go - http://youtu.be/6u0DGIh3wLA

Step Out ... Once & For All. Go & Come To Your Self. Ref. Matt.20:16