Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
A lucid dream is a different reality, created by your subconscious, or by the collective unconscious.
Material reality (also thought of as objective reality) is what you see in the material world.
When you dream you are in a subjective environment, created by mind. It can be the collective mind, and it can be given shaped by the individual mind.
When you become lucid (and in this instance, lucidity is simply knowing you're dreaming, clarity is irrelevant) you can perceive beyond your self creations and see what the collective mind has created. It cannot be the same as material reality, because imagination is creative and equally represented, but there is usually a correlation between experience and imagination.
This is what I was thinking for the most of the time. However my quite recent experiences suggest that there is no clear boundary between your mind's creations and what we used to call "the reality" when you are - particularly mentally - beyond your physical body. Shamanic traditions in which lucid dreaming is well known treat dreams as the reality or part of the reality - the perceived forms can vary (something may take the form of an animal, mythological creature, demonic or angelic form etc.), but beyond the form is the essential reality. The "lower mind", related traditionally to the Moon and sleeping, often sees a lot of forms - but they are just projections, sometimes a creation of both the observant and the observed object. This is the reality close to the physical.

Have anyone gone with his or her dreams beyond lucid dreaming (when you control your dream - i.e. create with your imagination what you experience) and simple interpretations?

When a person is dreaming, it is a great opportunity to research the mind. I'm quite surprised that I cannot find much material on that. I encountered only some practical conclusions coming from the old shamanic traditions about the nature of the mind while sleeping and while not.